Ease of use

5 replies [Last post]
guernicadan

So, I've been a long time user of nanostudio (literally, I'm finding it difficult to finally upgrade to Android from my iPhone 4 because I want to keep the appstore, we're talking 3/4 years here) but there is one thing bugging me.

I just downloaded a LOT of samples. Is there ANY simple way of copying entire folders into Nanostudio without having to recreate the same folder structure that I have on my Mac/PC like I've always done before? Otherwise, it's going to take me ages. There needs to be a simple drag and drop, and if there is, then shit, my first album is going to be dedicated to the friendly forum poster that helps me out.

Thanks so much everyone.
(especially blip)

[here's one of my tracks, completely produced within nanostudio, thanks]
https://soundcloud.com/ihopethisurlisvalid/fly

kitejan

Assuming you are wanting to copy the samples from your desktop PC to Nanostudio then yes: just use Nanosync.

Open Nanosync and connect to Nanostudio. Then navigate to the /Samples/ folder within Nanosync. Next open Windows explorer (assuming Windows here - I guess its something similar for Mac) & navigate to you sample folder structure there. Then simply drag the folder from Windows Explorer into the NanoSync window. As if by magic (well Blip magic) everything will be copied across - and (from memory) some format checking goes on to ensure that the samples will work in Nanostudio.

And if by chance you meant moving form Nanostudio to the desktop - well - it's the same process in reverse. Just drag the sample folder from the nanosync window and onto the Windows Explorer folder.

(You could use the 'Send to Device' or 'Get from Device' buttons if you prefer - it does the same thing).

I *think* that was the question you asked - apologies if I misunderstood....

Jan

guernicadan

No I think you answered my question. It's just previously I've always used the the "send to device" buttons and I don't think that allows drag and drop. If this works then you truly are my hero.

syrupcore

NS is one of the few apps (the only I can think of but I sure there are others) that allows bulk sample transfer with folder structure intact.

guernicadan

It does. Very handy.

However... is it possible to move folders into other folders WITHIN nanostudio, using NanoSync?
I just installed nanostudio on an old iPod touch, sorted out all my samples, organised them, sent them over to the iPod. I boot up nanostudio and realise I've copied the folder containing all my sample sub-folders straight into the root. Is there anyway I can move these into the 'Sample' folder in nanostudio?

EDIT: and there's no way I'm deleting and starting again; it took me about an hour to copy these over!
I also assume that if I start making a track now, it could screw up once I move the samples?

syrupcore

Correct, you have to move them back to your computer and then to the new location on the ipod.

Correct, Eden/TRG wont know where to find the samples after you move them (though you could copy them as needed to the project folder).