I Am Emotionally Prepared For NanoStudio 2

56 replies [Last post]
syrupcore

Oooooohhhhh multi channel output into AB2. Preettttttttty please Mr Wonka? I'm sorry for asking but I blame Veruca Burg. Of course, that would actually be an NS1 feature in order to bounce old projects in real time into NS2. I imagine that ain't happening. Wonderful idea though. I can still want it, right?

I know you're not gonna reveal anything until the golden ticket arrives and per mixer channel output is probably overkill but there are some *really* nice effects happening at this point in AudioBus land and having the NS2 sends available as AB inputs would be downright dreamy.

On Mr. Burg's point, a final addition to NS1 that allowed one to bounce mixer channels directly into a zip file along with the ability to 'open in' said zip into NS2 would be awfully sporting of you. Hmm, would be extra smashing if the MIDI file for the NS1 project couldn't also be included in the zip. Only thing that might be icing on the cake would be the ability to load NS1 effect chains into NS2.

Slam-Cut

@Burg: Good idea. Not sure how much a factor it will be to use old projects in NS2, but the addition of MIDI out (from NS2 to NS1) would allow the sound of old projects to remain the same and still have the ability to adjust notes. Hadn't really thought about it much until now, but using NS2 and NS1 together is intriguing...

MCOBigBen

I am chattering in anticipation of NS2. Anything I (and I'm sure this sentiment is shared by lots of folks here) that I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask. I can beta test, I can feature review, I can social market, I can buy you beer if you ever hit the San Fran area.

You've got a little army here. Don't hesitate to send us into battle.

alphacat

[le sigh]

tom_tm

.....suspended animation systems still functional......

Jeppan74

This is the year folks!!! I can feel it!!

Slam-Cut

I second that optimistic statement!
However I would like an update from the Blip Development Team.

Stiksi

I'm rooting for this year! Come on Blip, you can do it! Trump, global warming, nazis and legions of lost legends be damned, it's going to be a good year!

Slam-Cut

Stiksi: all of those elements you brought up, bundled together, would make for a half-decent Hollywood film. Trump uses NAZI stormtrooper-ninja to assassinate the entertainment legends who opposed his plan to dominate the world through a global-warming blitzkrieg of natural disasters. He sends the Terminator in to mop up the remaining resistance fighters, and kill off any up an coming rising stars that could one day be considered legends, because Trump has recurring nightmares that he will be toppled by an entertainment legend.
I've seen worse films.

Stiksi

Hah, Arnold IS playing Trump on tv as we speak, so it's not even that far fetched.

Slam-Cut

I'm glad you get me. :o)

"so it's not even that far fetched"
Classic!

I can't wait for the Terminator for President campaign.

Blip Interactive

The way 2016 has played out, there's got to be some good news in 2017.

Yes this is the year alright :)

kitejan

Just checking you are using the Gregorian calendar here and not something more "exotic"? :-)

Blip Interactive

Gregorian, that's the one. Where you get a blank sheet of paper and fill in your own boxes yeah?

kitejan

Ah I see you are adopting the same project methodology I use at work.

Clearing out my work desk drawer I found some "must be done" objectives from years back - none of which are actually done mainly because the year was never actually specified by my (then) boss. These days I just prioritize who is a) shouting the loudest and b) who can cause me the most pain.....

Blip Interactive

The good thing about anything you decide to call a methodology is that it then makes it proper.

Slam-Cut

"Yes this is the year alright :)"

Shwing!!!

Hope 2016 wasn't bad for you personally Matt, and that you are just referencing the craziness of the world at large.

tom_tm

"Yes this is the year alright :)"

Yay!

"By the forth quarter"

Arghhh!

(Yup, made that last quote up....)

Perhaps Matt is hoping that Trump beats him to it by pressing the big fat RED button first (a button that says 'MAD' as opposed to 'RECORD')?

Jeppan74

Woohoo!!! I knew it!!

nano

.. a ye ..

Slam-Cut

That reminds me of how popular the Wishlists thread was (second only to Nanostudio Songs thread), but it's now on the second page of Gen Chat.

tom_tm

A new wishlist? What now?? Arghhhhhhh!!!!

Stiksi

Well, all I want for christmas are horizontal knobs.

But they have to stay horizontal in all positions, you might need to tap into the accelerometers.

nano

.. ;) ...

Harisonzamperla

So how long before nanostudio is pulled from app store? I'm devastated that there will be no updates for a long time. Nanostudio is the crux of my live sets and ive put so much time into presets (about 200 at this point).

What the hell am I gonna do? There's no good synth daw replacements on the iPhone!!

Blip Interactive

OK, so iOS 11 is most likely to be released in September. When it comes out, if you choose to update your device to iOS 11 then I fully expect NanoStudio will no longer run on that device.

I'm aiming to get NanoStudio 2 out before that date, so I still have something to sell and keep Mrs Blip in the style to which she has become accustomed. However, NS2 will not support the old NS1 synth presets since the synth has moved on considerably. NS2 will have basic support for importing TRG kits and it will support audio tracks, so you could do a track mixdown in NS1 and bring the rendered tracks into NS2 - although I appreciate they're no longer editable in the same way.

If you utterly depend upon NS1 then you need to future-proof yourself with one of these alternatives:

- Don't update to iOS 11
- Buy a (or keep your old) device specifically for this use and never update it beyond iOS 10. Pre-owned iPod Touches are fairly cheap ...