I Am Emotionally Prepared For NanoStudio 2

77 replies [Last post]
syrupcore

So you can go ahead and release it. Just wanted you to know, in case you were holding it up for me.

Cheers,
Will

eljefe300300

I would love a teaser of some kind.

instinctive

Blip Interactive Group Inc. is a bit "Applish" in that regard -- they don't do teasers :)

tom_tm

Blip won't tell us because I don't think he's quite decided what is going in it yet? Every time a competitor brings out something similar to Nanostudio, if you stand outside Blip's gaff you can hear him screaming "DOH!"

It will probably have a black-on-black screen- so no need for any new colour scheme. And it will be infinitely configurable. In fact it will read your mind and it will 'know' what music you will create with it- so no need for a touchscreen either. Or for you to get out of bed. I believe it will also make porridge.

Slam-Cut

Hopefully it will support multi-sampled porridge and have porridge out. Those will be helpful for me when I don't want to get out of bed.
Unlimited porridge tracks and unlimited porridge banks would be superbly helpful, especially with some sort of cool porridge librarian to keep track of all of my porridge presets so I can find them when I am hungry. Also a new porridge synth would be great, in addition to Eden. Don't want to loose that, nor all of the porridge presets I already have and rely upon.

alphacat

Also, he's a new dad right? The bags under his eyes probably have bags of their own. I know.

;)

Youtopia

Am I the only one who has a thing for old software?

I'll probably get NS2, but NS1 will remain in my old iDevices and netbook >_<

iammane

@alphacat yah he was/is expecting, as most of us know that becomes the biggest time sink for quite awhile (in the best way possible, of course). Lord knows I have to schedule time to have a poo so I wouldn't be surprised if we're a ways off from NS2.. but all in due time! ...maybe lol

Slam-Cut

@Youtopia: No you are not. Many of us may have to keep NS1 if patches and .nsp files are not forward compatible. I guess that they will be. No one seems to know if NS2 will have the same synth in an updated version, or how it would affect old Eden patches. I am emotionally prepared for Eden patches to not be entirely compatible with Eden 2 so long as we can run NS1 and NS2 on the same iDevice. It would be cool to be able to use them together like VSTs. In fact I am dreaming that NS2 will have an entirely new synth and even be able to host additional synths in a VST-like manner, so that Blip can produce a whole slew of synths for NS2. But that is just a dream...

Blip Interactive

Funny story, I finished NS2, zipped it up, went to bed and then in the morning I realised I'd forgotten the zip password and now I'm having to do it all again.

Yes sorry it's not worth doing teasers at the moment, I think it'll create more noise to respond to. It's much better to keep my head down and stay productive right now, and that's much easier when I'm not having to worry about the PR side too!

I wanted to keep NS2 compatible with NS1 but I think it's going to hold NS2 back if I'm not careful. I think the simplest method to take NS1 projects to NS2 right now will be to render them as audio tracks.

instinctive

http://www.top5freeware.com/zip-file-password-cracker-for-windows

No, seriously... take your time... no matter what "the other guys" do in the meantime, if NS2 still comes out THIS YEAR (please!), and has at least a filtered delay, audio tracks, better reverb, and MIDI Out, I'll stay loyal and easily pay $50 for it :)

Stiksi

Audio tracks in NS2 CONFIRMED :D

... groundshaking revelation, I know. Blip, if you lost your password, just call NSA.

instinctive

Stiksi: Hah, you're a genius! I hadn't even noticed that tiny indescretion... Tim Cook would hate Blip! :-)

syrupcore

"take NS1 projects to NS2 right now will be to render them as audio tracks."

Eyes, popped clear out of my head. Not only because of the audio tracks reveal but I've been hoping that'd you'd just go for it with NS2 and not let NS1 compatibility hold it back.

Sorry about the zip man. Total bummer. I bet emacs can open it. They say it can do everything.

syrupcore

@Slam-Cut Pretty sure (from stuff Matt's said before) that NS2 is going to be a completely new app to buy and download so NS1 will be there, at your side, ready for duty.

Cpu Red

Haha Syrup I'm pretty sure Matt was joking about the zip password.

syrupcore

(Any time I use 'emacs' in a sentence, I'm probably joking too. vim for life!)

Cpu Red

Oh ok yea I don't know what either of those are ;)

kitejan

@cpu red: count yourself lucky then :-)

Galaxyexplorer (not verified)

@BlipInteractive: Since my account still is alive i would like to take the chance and just say PLEASE include a streaming from disk option (like BM2, yep). With lots of long AudioTracks without this little feature (Is there really no App beside BM2 which can do this?!?) it would be (nearly) useless with the joke of RAM.
Regards
Beam me up again... ;)

Nu2moro

Really good to hear some positive news from Matt!

Galaxy by the time Nano2 is out apple may have released a pro version of the iPad with more ram. It will never be enough for you though!! Lol :-)

Jim Hanks

Yeah,syrupcore! Vimmer for life!

instinctive

Nah, joe all the way!

Blip Interactive

Audio tracks without disk streaming wouldn't be audio tracks IMO!

dendy

okay, another detail of NS2 revealed .. audio tracks with disk streaming .. muehehehe (evil laugh)

instinctive

@Blip: Well, tell that to the Beatmaker folks. For them, a Delay without a wet/dry mix adjustment is also a Delay :)

Jeppan74

@Matt: And don´t worry about marketing! We´ll do that for you, Guerrilla Style!!

Stiksi

@ instinctive: Also for the Intua folks a stereo delay doesn't have to have different settings on the left and right channels. They're really setting the bar high there.

tom_tm

@jeppan74.... Hahaha! Agree completely. In fact I already market Nanostudio Guerrilla-style!!!

Galaxyexplorer (not verified)

The topic of this thread is exact what i am now - "emotionally prepared" for Nano Studio 2!
I was a bit to focused on some "ready to go sound amazing stuff" instead of doing what is so easy and fun... do it yourself. Still to new to all this stuff and "too" amazed of big synths like Alchemy, Omnisphere, Uhe-Zebra etc sometimes. Since i started to look deeper in some of my synths i saw how easy some are to program. Then i thought i could make some interesting samples myself while walking trough the forest and record some stuff via just my iPhone 5. Playing with wood, recording different kinds of birds. Even some insects make interesting noise for amazing textures. And old fence let me create some kind of percussion i even never heard in one of the bigger stuffs i mentioned above ;). Seems field recording is something i will love in the future (especially if you have a nice little forest with lots of life and other elements like water just inside a 10 minute walk from home). Even with the old Eden synth there are awesome soundscapes (and other stuff of course) possible with this kind of crappy self made samples. Perhaps i will go for a proper micro for field recording which i can put into the iPhone or iPad. But i also love the character of the natural noise and textures which comes with some of my low quality samples. Not that i'm able to do high quality stuff like the burning piano in Omnisphere or the nice samples made for Alchemy etc. but there are things you can just do yourself. With a high quality (stereo)sample based hybrid synth like NanoStudio 2 will have... or i hope so, it would be just amazing. I am so damn emotionally prepared that i even started now to create the first presets in my mind without to know what the master is cooking for us ;) Hope it comes before iOS 8 is out and everything on iOS is going again a step backwards in terms of fluid and lots of crashes from the springboard like it's now. Let's hope iOS 7.1. will fix a lot of the bugs.

Burg

Hey Blip and supporters...just popping my head around after not being here for a very long time.

*** I would think "simply" by adding AB or IAA to the audio track function would be enough for NS1 session transfers. Just bounce em in.

Better to have a bullerproof upgrade than worry about adapting older sessions.

That's the rule for future-proofing ANY sessions not just NS (Bounce to un-effected stems)