Update Help Question

3 replies [Last post]
r0cc0

If Nanostudio is unistalled and "its data," will my saved project folder (.prj files) be erased.

I keep receiving a "you must purchase the software" message when trying to upgrade.

I've been legitimately using this software for years now, all the time; why would it prompt that?

I upgraded my Ipad last year, Nano installed ok, but I never tried to upgrade.

The reason for my first question is to uninstall Nano studio and repurchase it, i really enjoy

constructing with it and feel I have no other options.

kitejan

Short answer: yes - once uninstalled all projects disappear as well. So export everything to NSP filed and use nanosync to transfer to a PC or Mac. And don't forget to check your custom sound banks and transfer as NSP as well (I always forget that). Also any custom TRGs, effects or mixdowns need to be transferred via Nanosync.

As for having to purchase - different iTunes accounts perhaps?

Jan

r0cc0

Thank you for the response. Yes, my old account was during graduate school. I was relegated to use an alternative email following graduation. Since then I have transferred my information over to my other account. I can see how this would be an issue for the software verification. Is there a method I can update/upgrade without having to uninstall and reinstall, etc. For example: If I connect it with iTunes somehow? I appreciate the help.

syrupcore

Your school didn't give you a forwarding grace period? You may be able to go to an apple store and ask them to help transfer your old account to your new email address but I imagine they're going to need some sort of verification that the old email was yours. Exactly what a grace period after graduation would provide! If they wont give you one, call some one in alumni donations - they'll set you up. :) If nothing else, perhaps they'll give you a letter on school letterhead that the account was in fact yours (to bring to the apple store).