Live-Looping

8 replies [Last post]
djshayen

Hey guys,

i am developing a sequencer-based live-looping-system where NS is integrated into, please let me know what do you think about this:
https://soundcloud.com/adin-is-not-my-name/drumnbass-marmelade-jam

i wrote,arranged and manipulated the whole song in realtime (thats what live-looping ought to be:-))

thank you very much for your attention!

-adin

djshayen

isn't it a great technique?

Slam-Cut

Sounds great. Love to see a video of your live looping on YouTube. I'd like to try it, but not quite sure how one goes about it. Do you use any pre-made loops, or are all loops made on the spot as well?

djshayen

its all made on the fly,track by track,after every note is written, i use mute and a multi fx effeting the master channel to make an arrangement.a video of this process i will follow!
give it a try and post your result :-)

syrupcore

@slam-cut check out Ani who does live looping with NS here: http://discchord.com/blog/2013/10/16/ani-live-performance-at-analog-cafe...

She's got many many more videos floating around. All NS.

Slam-Cut

Uh, yeah, Ani is AWESOME!!!
I've seen other videos of her performances, but hadn't seen this one. Thanks for the link. Phenomenal stuff. I have no where near that sorta timing. I have to practice quite a few times on TRG pads, then I need to tweak beats in the piano roll editor. And it seems like her fingers never miss a key. Wow. Serious practice time required to achieve that sort of skill level.

I think I know NS until I watch her. Doesn't look like she changes MIDI channels for the controller. I suppose she has all tracks set to receive on channel 1 (for example) and then just controls which track is currently recording? Anyone got any tips on how to make this process a bit easier?

Matt really needs to get links to her performances on the NS home page. That would do a lot to boost sales, I think.

djshayen

REALTIME PRODUCING:

i met this guy and i could watch him doin live-looping, he really did this awesome track live!

pquenin

Woaw, Ani is awesome, I love her Eden presets, hope she will share some of them...
@djshayen : your marmelade is great too !

djshayen

IMHO liveloooping with a sequencer is the future of live music, what do you think?