Do not update to V1.42

24 replies [Last post]
Blip Interactive

It seems that V1.42 has a problem where the reverb effect produces a nasty feedback sound. I have quickly worked around this problem and have already submitted V1.43 - I will ask for an expedited review so that it will appear in the store as soon as possible.

I appreciate this advice is probably too late for a lot of visitors, so the best advice I can offer in the meantime is to temporarily disable any reverb instances you use in your project.

Fingers crossed that normal service can be resumed in a few days time. Thanks for your patience, or at the very least, hopefully not getting too annoyed.

Blip Interactive

^Do not update to V1.42

faisfx

Hi, glad someone has posted about this, just spent last hour or so trying to find microphone setting on iphone 5 to try and switch off connection from Nanostudio. I don't suppose there's a way of downgrading until V1.43 is up? Any ideas how long? or any other suggestions?

Blip Interactive

It's not possible to downgrade.

Depending upon how Apple respond to my request, approval time could be anything from 2-10 days, although I hope it would be towards the shorter end of this range.

In the meantime, the workaround is to disable any instances of the reverb effect you are using in your project.

Devvy

Isn't it possible to manually install a 1.41 version? Of course you need to have a copy of 1.41 in your local iTunes media folder, from a previous backup session. There are some tools (iFunbox, iTools) that allow you to install a .ipa file directly.

demochx

hey devvy!

i did a backup (itunes) before updating to ios7 and NS 1.42.
can you tell me a way to revert to 1.41?

cheers, mark

Devvy

Hi Mark - unfortunately, I do not have a machine at hand with iTunes on it, so I do not know exact locations. Assuming you use Windows, scan for .ipa files under your user account. On my system there will be a folder called iTunes Media or something like that containing the apps you bought. In this folder, scan for the Nanostudio ipa file. If you have found it, install iTools (google for it) or iFunBox; those tools have options to directly install an .ipa file (first remove 1.42 of course). When I have access to my machine again, I'll try and find out precisely which steps should be taken, but it is not difficult.

instinctive

Hey Blip, you were supposed to make the reverb sound more SPACIOUS, not more WOODEN!!! ;-)

Blip Interactive

Yeah yeah gimme a break :)

syrupcore

ouch. sorry man! Glad my phone says I have 0 updates since moving to ios7. Not sure what's up with that but I'm appreciating it right now.

tom_tm

Sorry? You've updated the reverb, to sound more spacious and added an unexpected bug at the same time? What was wrong with the reverb already? Does this mean that when 1.43 arrives, the reverb is going to sound different to what it sounds like presently? (V1.41)??

instinctive

@tom_tm: I was kidding... and I hope you were too when asking what was wrong with the reverb ;-)

JoeMotive

Just experienced the "feedback" a bit too late :( my poor ears! And my children's ears lol

dcsapporo

I just updated before seeing this. Glad you acted quickly Matt. There was an issue I had regarding the Sequencer record count in. It appears that after the initial measure count, the sequencer starts in the middle or where you stopped playing the pattern from last. I was hoping this update would correct that but in-addition to the reverb squealing the sequencer record issue is still present. All in all, up to this last update nanostudio has been the God of all my audio synth recording apps. I look forward to the quick revision. For the time being I have turned off the reverb and found that the dry output shows off the impeccable sound quality of the Eden.

Blip Interactive

I'm pretty sure that sequencer behaviour is by design (ie. the 'stop' button is really more of a 'pause' button).

If you want to return to the same point, here's how I normally do it:

- In the sequencer, drag the ribbon to set some loop start/end points
- On the status bar, enable looping

Now, if you tap the transport 'reset' button on the status bar, it'll always jump to the loop start point. A double tap will take you to the beginning of the whole sequence.

Maybe that helps?

pquenin

Apple have broken something too, because now the Appstore says that all my applications are ok, and the fact is that many of them need to be upgraded... It´s certainly IOS 7 related, but not a IOS 7 bug, because I,m still on IOS 6.

tom_tm

@pquenin.... yup same problem here too. Appstore says all my apps are up to date. But they're not.

@instinctive.... Still on v1.41 here. Phew! 8)

Grunger

Have the same issue with reverb, seems like it's some sort of a feedback. I can't do any

shoegaze without it;(

Waiting for update)

JoeMotive

So I've tried to disable all reverb from my current project to no avail. Not sure if I'm missing something here... For example I was using the preset a26 which is squeely blip. I actually don't see a place for reverb anywhere in that preset to disable it. I turned down every single knob just to see what happens... Now all you can hear is the high pitch feedback and a loud buzz. Yes I've been using nanostudio for a long time but I'm still a noob haha. Can't wait for the next update!

JoeMotive

Omg I am such a noob! Ok so I just turned send effects 1 all the way down in the mixer and problem solved for now. *facepalm*

Blip Interactive

Glad you found it. The (probably better) alternative would be to go to the send strips in the mixer and disable the actual effect in the rack.

... and I'm sure your *facepalm* wasn't as big as my *facepalm* when I realised the reverb was hosed.

JoeMotive

Hahaha! Well the thing is, I hadn't added any reverb or any effects to anything in the rack at all... The song plays fine up until the first Eden synth starts. ... Edit... Nevermind... Yes my noobness shows again lol. It's preset with the reverb. Ok ok I got it

rondema

Just got 1.43.. Apple turned that around quickly thankfully!

tom_tm

1.43 is out? Great. But I'm not updating until I know everything is cool again.

dcsapporo

Thank you Matt for the suggestion and quick response. After the update everything is running smoothly. I figured that the sequencer issue was more or less my operating error since I have been working with several different applications to create my music lately. But as always NanoStudio is where everything comes together.

@pquenin, I have noticed the same issue with the appstore. Native Instruments stated, in an email i received from them, that iOS7 doesn't address music apps the same way and has audio quality issues. Has anyone updated and experienced any quality loss?