MIDI sequencer -- Genome, StepPolyArp, ...?

4 replies [Last post]
instinctive

Hi,

I'm currently looking into purchasing a MIDI sequencing app, mainly because I want to be able to layer several Edens live, and for the lack of an Arpeggiator.

Any recommendations? What's inportant to me is that it has an Arp, and can do legato quantization, and some form of modulation wheel or other controller/pad so that I can control some parameters of several Edens too...

Thanks!! :)

Stiksi

Haven't found one that's good and affordable yet but I'm looking too. Mainly just a decent lightweight piano roll editor.

instinctive

I've tried Genome so far and considering its price tag (almost NanoStudio's), its feature set is abysmal.

syrupcore

Yeah. We're pretty spoiled by NS. I find genome a frustrating experience every single time I open it. And it's supposedly the gold standard. I hear beatmaker has a pretty nice looking piano roll editor.

instinctive

@syrupcore: Yeah, its piano roll editor is pretty much the ONLY part of it that's "OK"... however, Beatmaker is out of the equation because it doesn't have a SINGLE way to send live controllers (!!!) (ModWheel, X/Y Pads etc.) -- hilarious!