Weird problem on netbook [graphics]

11 replies [Last post]
Youtopia

Hey!

I recently bought a HP mini note 2133 [processor VIA C7-M ULV Processor (up to 1.6 GHz, 128 KB L2 cache), graphics: VIA Chrome 9, the native resolution is 1.280 x 768 pixels], running under W7.

I installed the NS and played the demo song, and everything went fine.
Later, I tried to run NS again, and then is when I got this weird problem: the screen went blank, but if I push any key, there's sound. Closed and opened it again, and now it shows the screen, but then, again, the screen goes blank, duh.

Help?

Thanks!

Blip Interactive

Hmm, sounds like a graphics driver problem - it normally is on laptops. You could try checking that the driver's up to date (just because it's new, it doesn't always follow they put the latest version on there!).

Youtopia

Thanks!

I checked it and it's the latest version... Also, I don't seem to have any problems if I open NS in iphone mode :/

Anyway, I'm gonna unninstall W7 and install XP [my netbook goes sooooo slow], then I'll write here if everything goes nice.

- Chris

Youtopia

Hey, I'm back with problems again:

I've installed Windows XP, and everything works for a while, until it just freeze... but just the graphics! The sound keeps working, and if I hit any key [i'm using an LPK25 keyboard], it works, but I can't close the prog or anything [I press ALT + F4 to close it but it doesn't work]

I don't know whats going on...

pquenin

Check you graphic card driver...

Youtopia

What exactly? Because as I stated, everything else works fine [movies, games...]

Also, it seems that it frezees only here

http://www.softpedia.com/screenshots/NanoStudio_1.png?1371454742

So, if i switch fast enough to this [ http://www.idesignsound.com/images/medialibrary/nanostudioipadeden.png ] it keeps working :SSS

tom_tm

Since a bot has bumped this thread, I just wanted to add that I too get problems with the Nanostudio desktop app too. It produces all kinds of strange graphic glitches, and works the CPU high. And that's on an i7 MacBook Pro! Hopefully this'll be addressed if Blip releases NS2 in a desktop version?

Stiksi

Spambots giving each other life advice, lol. "…so I deleted some of my software. and yeah its back to normal again." Sounds like a plan.

Blip Interactive

Yeah I had some stuff giving me problems, deleted it, problem went away. There was a little voice at the back of my head saying that I should just fix the problem because it was 6 months' work but I managed to ignore it.

kitejan

@blip: .... So that stuff you deleted. That wasn't NS2 by any chance? :-)

Blip Interactive

Actually yeah I think something did say that when I was hovering over the delete key but life's been a lot less stressful since so I couldn't have needed it.

Stiksi

Ha! (I hope…)