NanoStudio V1.4 with Audiobus support now available

51 replies [Last post]
syrupcore

I can't be the only one about to spend the weekend filling up eden presets with samples of other ios synths via audiobus and then not opening anything but NS for another month. Can I?

QbAnYtO

Yyyeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

Btw nice touch with the small ui enhancements Matt! I can hear my music in the bg woohooooo!!,!,!,!

Eighthours

That is against the Audiobus T&Cs! Audiobus compatibility has to be a free update.

Sinapsya

Hi Matt,
Thanks for this beautiful update...
one thing:
There is any possibility that you add a Midi Clock compatibility???

Cheers

atlatnessiti

Thanks heaps Matt, finally I can implement NS Eden in Cubasis, BeatMaker and Auria.
Mega happy :)

Blip Interactive

@atlatnessiti - I will print and frame that post :)

atlatnessiti

@Matt, this post was meant to be in the other thread (but you know that anyway) oops.. ;)
Btw; Love NS to death, otherwise I wouldn't be here in the first place ;)
PEACE

QbAnYtO

well thats what we all been trynna do! i love eden. its the fish's tits...the bee's knees, the..ugh u know what i mean

syrupcore

It's funny, I spent a while last night sampling iOS synths into all those new preset slots. Fun and quick! That's sorta what I'd been expecting to do when AB was added. What I was surprised about is just HOW MUCH FUN it was to control Eden from soundprism and send it through jamup.

Stiksi

Can't wait to go that route! No more standalone fart apps for me.

syrupcore

It's odd to copy and paste Eden loops into Nanostudio. :)

bsant

Since the update to 1.4 with AudioBus, I have run into a problem that no one has stated so far. I can record a multi-track sequence from Nanostudio into Cubasis through AudioBus with no problem. However, when trying to lay down a new track within Nanostudio using two different external keyboard MIDI controllers, it only sounded the TRG drum sounds; no matter if I had an Eden page active. The MIDI Input configuration clearly sees the external MIDI controller. I assigned channel 1 only; but still it only sounded the TRG drum sounds. I tried without AudioBus, of course, and it still did not work; even after rebooting Nanostudio and the iPad.

I tried the external MIDI keyboards with a number of other iPad Apps, and they worked perfectly. The TRG drum sounds were the only thing I could trigger in nanostudio. It is permanently broken.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Stiksi

And you had OMNI mode on? You did not mention that. Otherwise channel 1 will only trigger device 1, which by default is the TRG.

bsant

I think I turned OMNI off. I will have to try it again when I get home later today. USA EST

bsant

My ignorance. I turned OMNI back on and it now works. Thanks fir the tip.

Slam-Cut

Stiksi is a great tip man.

...does that sound weird? :o/

MCOBigBen

Between Audiobus and the new sound banks, I'm finding it's the new sound banks I'm appreciating the most. I had collected a few user generated nsp's worth of sounds, but since I'd had to launch each as a separate project, I hadn't gotten much use out of them.

Audiobus is fun, but so far it's really making me appreciate the flows and controls that NanoStudio has, because I miss them so hard when I try to bring in outside sounds.

Stiksi

You can't get shafted by a tip man, so I guess it's a good thing…

I still haven't found (and que U2 earworm) time to thoroughly appreciate the new features but it's just so much fun now!

pquenin

Audiobus in Nanostudio was not a priority for me, but I must reckon that the ability to sample from another application is great when you record a vocal or a guitar.
I don't see the interest of sending the main mix of Nanostudio in Audiobus, is there someone using this feature ?

syrupcore

@pquenin you can use it to do things like bounce stems to Auria, process tracks through external effects or bounce into audioshare.

tom_tm

Turnado sprung to mind for me. ;)