Audiobus

72 replies [Last post]
Blip Interactive

Just to let you guys know, Audiobus support will be coming to NanoStudio in the fairly near future. I've got a few different things to juggle at the moment so I'm fitting in work on it where I can, but it should probably be available in a 4-6 week timeframe if all goes well.

Thanks for being patient!

KlaatuNinja

Great news!! Audiobus is becoming a requirement for most music apps nowadays. I have posted on the audiobus forum that Nano is still the most complete daw on ios, and a few new people have purchased. With audiobus support they should be all over it :-)

QbAnYtO

I found out yesterday through an email from audiobus.

Blip Interactive

Surprised they'd disclose that before I'd officially announced it myself. Not that it really matters :)

djazz

Great news! Very much looking forward to it! Thanks for adding it to mix (sorry for the bad pun :-)

Haven't posted in a while, but wanted to lend support for the effort... I think it will only bring many new fans to the great NanoStudio app and help to make them aware of the upcoming NanoStudio 2. (Which I anxiously await!)

QbAnYtO

Maybe audiobus is excited as everyone else is. Nano is a great software after all...

DJ MKE

This is great news! Will you also be adding audio tracks and virtual midi?

Blip Interactive

Possibly virtual MIDI input only. Honestly, I've got so much on at the moment that I can't promise much more right now!

syrupcore

w00t. I saw what looked like an email reply from Matt posted on the Audiobus forum that had the same timeline. I'd be really surprised if they took that as an announcement.

edit: here http://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/8899#Comment_8899

Nu2moro

That's brilliant news!!!!!!!

Sinapsya

Really Thanks Matt :-)
Sinapsya

DJ MKE

"Possibly virtual MIDI input only. Honestly, I've got so much on at the moment that I can't promise much more right now!"

I'd be happy with that, Audiobus, background audio, and if possible midi clock sync! We'll appreciate it!

instinctive

Amazing news Matt, opens a whole new world of possibilities and will let me ditch Beatmaker as a "Audiobus Sample player and Recorder" clutch.

weakmassive

That's great! Just to be clear, would Nanostudio work in the input and output slot (record to TRG pad?) in Audiobus?

Blip Interactive

Yes, main mix output and sampling input is the plan.

syrupcore

Woa! Awesome! Will that allow resampling of the main mix via Audiobus FX apps?

Blip Interactive

Hmm not sure, that would mean allowing it to be put in both slots at the same time and then dealing with a load of annoying latency compensation issues. I'll have to see how that one goes.

syrupcore

"No" is totally fine by me - just curious. Can 'resample' the output into another app and copy/paste in. Sending NS tracks via soloing into things like Jam Up or Echo Pad will be just about effing epic. @stiski Can we do the dub competition again in two months please?

FWIW, Loopy does this (real-time input and output slots so that you can process and record individual loops) and the fella that wrote loopy a) knows a wee bit about Audiobus and b) would most likely be stoked to help get NS on the bus. ;)

QbAnYtO

So much for whining huh
Now everyone is super happy

Smh

This should be fun using nano with nano. Nano-ception!

@dj mke

Yea those features would be nice.espepcially been the fact the background audio has been requested WAYYYY before audiobus Haha.
I kinda figured audiobus into trg pads was prolly the only way to get sound into nano without AudioTracks.

Even tho acp is faster for transferring finished music from nano to say, Auria, it's good that I can use Eden with my other apps :)

tom_tm

I still can't see the added advantage it will bring to the audio department, but if it stops people from whining, that can only be a good thing.

QbAnYtO

Yea me neither

DJ MKE

Background audio is the added advantage. Something that's been around for ages and Nano has lacked.

Nu2moro

The background audio capability with audiobus is going to make a big difference to people who use mic/guitar inputs. You can still then ACP the parts back into nano as you do now. It can only add to the level of creative use of nano, that has got to be a good thing for all. Brilliant! :-)

dendy

oh great !! for me enough reasons to switch from BM2 back to NS !! thanks !!

Lee B

Not bothered about Audiobus personally, Virtual midi out and BG audio would be the biggies for me, but i'm happy to wait for NS2.
Can't really see the point in Virtual midi in only to be honest.

Cheers

Lee

Slam-Cut

@ Blip: Does this push NS2 back an additional 4-6 weeks?

Sinapsya

Some Audiobus compatible apps (like Loopy & Auria) have a separate output for record separate tracks to other output apps....it's great is you put this option in NanoStudio, you think is possible???

tom_tm

Oh here we go (roll eyes). The zillion other features that the basic NS Audiobus implementation won't offer. It'll never end. And then NS2 will take even longer to get here. :(

Slam-Cut

Perhaps such requests could be universally handled with "Coming Soon."

tom_tm

Good call. :)

Stiksi

Wow, this is great, did not expect sampler input! Syrucpore, any time is a good time for a dub competition.