hem.... cubasis for ipad...

24 replies [Last post]
acaonweb
tom_tm

I wouldn't worry. Halion Cubasis edition is no match for Eden. :)

iammane

Really the best thing about things like this happening is that other companies might open their eyes and realize hey, this isn't a toy platform. Not everyone just sits around reading emails or playing Angry Birds.

This guy on a KVR forum said it best - people were producing full blown tracks on PCs 8 years ago, this hardware is very similar. Stop treating the iPad as a sketchpad...

acaonweb

now it's starting a new generation of apps with something new, Auria first and now Cubasis now
i'm a nanostudio addicted but i admit i do more copy&paste in auria because i can add more audio tracks...
I think NanoStudio have to be improved, i dont know how....:)

instinctive

From the feature list, it seems like it doesn't even have automation... and yeah, seems like the Halion thing is just a "preset player", but who knows...

Now, who'll invest in this baby and tell us all the details? :)

KlaatuNinja

Halion is actually a soft synth VST...

iammane

I was reading on KVR that it's pretty much a glorified preset player with very little editability... I can't afford to take the plunge haha, barely even using Auria as it is...

Galaxyexplorer (not verified)

Damn again! There is so much more for ipad for music production...give me the iPhone versions...now!!!

tom_tm

"Stop treating the iPad as a sketchpad..."

Well said.

ani_music

WAV-based and very awesome. I love analog synths but I possibly <3 wavetable ones more.

instinctive

@GalaxyExplorer: What about an iPad Mini? Not much bigger than a big iPhone, and all the tablet goodness :) Of course you'd then be proud owner of yet another hateable Apple device ;-)

@instinctive: Too bad hardware...and still too big. Two apple devices are to expensive too. A smartphone is more important for me! Everything over 5" is not the right thing for me! And i would like to have more RAM and space (128GB at least)...to much wishes i know...

tom_tm

I sold my Waldorf Blofeld and bought an iPad mini for my mum's 70th birthday with the money I raised. It's lovely. And it's pocket size (pretty much). Just want my own now, as a secondary device. :)

instinctive

@GalaxyExplorer: I totally agree with regard to 128 GB... I'd like to finally carry around my whole music collection in my pocket... which is mostly uncompressed WAV or ALAC (yes, I'm VERY fanatic about sound quality!), and like this it's currently 105 GB... but I've heard SameSung has already made 128 GB Flash chips :) :)

Who is SameSung ; ) My 64GB are full blown soon...time to play some of the games i bought but never played!

instinctive

@GalaxyExplorer: SameSung are those who do everything that Apple did, just a year later and in plastic :)

AyoMartins

Hmm..

I smell fanboy ramble in the air..

I'd love to watch!

Or read?

Stiksi

Since the thread is from 2 years ago, I'm guessing you'll be disappointed.

Slam-Cut

There are so few active threads that I think I'll have to resort to digging up old threads too...

alphacat

Yeah, things are definitely waning around here. I suspect NS2 will change that though, when we do get to see it at last.

Blip Interactive

Yeah it's quiet these days isn't it? But personally I'm finding that useful. Peace and quiet = much work done :)

iammane

^^^^ gooooooooood!!!! Hope the fam is well Matt. Looking forward to what comes next

Stiksi

It's also a bit more quiet because I get banned every couple days. Although, much work done is excellent, should follow that myself.

Slam-Cut

It is disturbingly sadistic of me to find joy in the thought of Matt toiling away in some small room with no view, coding his fingers down to bloody stumps in a frantic effort to get as many of the Wishlist requests crammed into one tiny app.

@Slam-Cut: Thank's... that picture was a good inspiration for my next dark track ;)