NanoStudio V1.34 iOS

55 replies [Last post]
alphacat

Tom_tm, just tried to email you but got an error...

So - are you Tele:funken?

EDIT: Discogs & Soundcloud confirm that you are...

[head explodes]

DUDE: do you realize that you're responsible for one of my all time favorite soundtracks to drift off to sleep to?! (And I'm sure you know that 's a compliment ;)

Whoa.

Following you on SC now.

tom_tm

Whoops. The cat is out of the bag.... on both counts!

Yes, tele:funken is me. :)

I'm well chuffed. Don't know what to say now...

tom_tm

alphacat, your email is in my inbox, so something must have worked. :)

Thanks for the compliments. I can't express how much it means to get such nice comments.

alphacat

The world is such a small place sometimes. This (along with getting to see Sunn o))) for free last night and getting my new iPhone 5 out of the blue) has made this past week surreal and fantastic.

The story on the Domino records site about your mom taking you to see Kraftwerk and you instantly "getting it" has a bit of a parallel with me too: my dad was mostly into acid rock and prog type stuff and had the original first pressing vinyl of Autobahn and it got played around my house a lot. I tend to think that a lot of what I do now, musically, comes from the intersection of some of those records my dad played - Black Sabbath meets Kraftwerk or something. He also encouraged me to buy Vangelis records when I got all into him when I was 7 or 8.

Anyway, still processing all this. I'm going to think twice before mouthing off to ya, that's for sure. ;)

syrupcore

God I love sunn o)))

What's the sound track you guys are talking about?

tom_tm

My dad didn't know what to make of Kraftwerk. He called it "machine music". I guess he was right in a way? Mum took me to see them at Brighton Dome. I can still remember it clearly in my head. My neighbour (in Lewes) introduced me to Walter Carlos/ Clockwork Orange soundtrack, and my other neighbour down the road, got me into Tom Dissevelt and Kid Baltan. Kraftwerk, Carlos and the Electrosonics, plus a good dose of the BBC Radiophonic workshop, it put me in good stead!

The world only seems a small place because of technology. It's actually really fucking enormous!! I guess you're in the States? It always amazes me that we can share stuff here, and it's instantaneous. Matt Blip, only lives 100 miles from here or so too. Crazy. And don't worry about mouthing me off. I'm pretty used to it, and it's good. Free speech and all that. I've got a loose tongue myself. It gets me into all kinds of trouble.

I reckon our project is to get on with Syrupcore's suggestion of doing that space folk wall of sound battle. It'll be good. Then we can all remix each other's efforts, and release it here on the forum. Up for it? :)

alphacat

@ Syrupcore: this album -

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/distant-station/id80947551

Sunn o))) was AMAZING. Closer to a pagan trance ritual than anything else I've ever experienced; I think they literally managed to hit a brown note towards the end through phase cancellation!

@ tom_tm -

Yes! Machine music indeed - which appealed to my dad on some level because he was a mainframe engineer, but later he got curmudgeonly about drum machines for a long time until I turned him on to The Orb. Now he's into all this Balearic chill stuff, it's funny (he's in his 60's.)

And although I didn't get to the Clockwork Orange soundtrack until much later, we did have Switched On Brandenburg and Tomita and stuff like that too. Did you (or anyone else here) get to see the Oramics to Electronica exhibit at the London Science Museum? Only recently delved into the Radiophonic stuff besides growing up with the Dr. Who theme - Derbyshire was really ahead of her time conceptually.

Yep, live in the States... San Francisco to be exact.

I AM SO DOWN FOR THE SPACE FOLK WALL OF SOUND BATTLE!!!

This is an old ambient/drone-ish project of mine that's been on the backburner since 2006; keep meaning to get back to it because I have so many more ideas but never the time. Sigh.

www.myspace.com/sarcolith

tom_tm

Finding the time is always a problem. It's also finding the time when I don't feel absolutely shattered as well! Kids. They should come with a government health warning!!

alphacat

^ In the same boat; the reason I love Nanostudio is because I can actually make tunes in 20 minute bathroom breaks at home, the only free time I ever seem to have...

Galaxyexplorer (not verified)

Have some problems with NS 1.34...sometimes i have to hit 2-3 times before something happens. Seems it's something with the touch responsability or so?

Blip Interactive

I felt the same, but I couldn't pin it down to anything. I came to the conclusion that Apple's parallax touch compensation on the iPhone 5 was just different and took some getting used to. I expanded the touch area on some controls where I could.

Sometimes when i turn my iPhone from landscape to normal and back it is better.....i also saw that when i turn the volume up or down i see the window that appears is wrong....after turn my iphone around 180` it´s O.K.....

instinctive

I have exactly the same problem sometimes... Touch response is off by a fair amount in the Y axis, and if I change the volume via the hardware buttons, the speaker icon that appears is upside-down... if I'm not mistaken, it happens if I switch orientation *exactly* the moment when NanoStudio launches or while I switch between apps.

@instinctive: Exact what i mean! Your description was better by a country mile!!
Merry Christmas to All!

instinctive

@Galaxyexplorer: Thanks, in my next life I'll be a linguist ;-)

Merry stuff to you too!

alphacat

^ Whoa! Experienced this last night... at a certain point I was trying to simply re-assign an Eden patch and none of the bank/toggle buttons were responding, although I could still swipe down... closed out the app and everything else in the background, restarted - same problem. Issue only went away when I turned it upside-down.

Blip Interactive

OK thanks, I'll look into this.

dez

Hi, Im a newbie! Idid everything enable wifi and the iphone found it. But when I go onto my PC i dont see this "Connect" button! Please Help!

syrupcore

@dez, sounds like you're trying to use nanosync. If so, that's a separate application from NanoStudio on your desktop. You can download it from the main site's downloads page.

SoundMuseum

i seem to have a problem! i have the first ipad version running ios 4.33 and i cannot seem to update wirelessly because my ipad is blocked on the previous owners account. i'm logged into itunes on my own account but when i try to update it asks for the password of my buddy's account..wtf? if i try to update via syncing through cable, the bastard will erase the app first because it's not backed up. am i making any sence?...

Blip Interactive

As of NanoStudio 1.34, it's only compatible with iOS 5 or 6. This means that you shouldn't be able to update it on devices running an older iOS, but if this is the problem then it has a funny way of showing it.

Is there any reason you can't upgrade to iOS 5?

atlatnessiti

Still no virtual MIDI and no AudioBus :(
Can we even expect it..? or have you abounded NS development altogether?
No need to answer "yes" or "no" at this time, but timely answer will be truly appreciated :)
PS; As it is, NS has just dropped down to below top 200 in App Store :(

tom_tm

Nanostudio's still at number 1 in my list. :D

BLIP-GUIDE

Hi there guys I am a noob to this but I would like to share a song that I remade. The song is children by Robert miles. All rights go to Robert. This was all fully done on nano studio. If you are willing to download the song I have the single on bandcamp for just £1. When you go on bandcamp just search for NIXMIX children.

If you have a soundcloud account feel free to like, comment and please pass it on to other users or friends.

https://soundcloud.com/nixmix626/children

Please just give me one chance to shine.

dendy

yes you are really noob and go to hell with your annoying spaming in all threads !!!!