1.33 is constantly in "update" status on mac app store

5 replies [Last post]
bloodnok

when i check my purchases on the mac app store, nanostudio is listed as "update". i've updated it a couple times. each time i get a new copy of 1.33. i reset the app store by mucking with spotlight to no avail. even updated it again, the quit the app store. it's still listed as "update". it's like this on both my macs.

bloodnok

since this garnered no response, i've tried the query on the app store support. nobody else has this weirdness?

Blip Interactive

Oops sorry, meant to answer this one and then forgot.

Unfortunately I have no idea what could be causing this - developers submit their app to Apple, and then after that the whole store/install thing is handled by them. I can tell you that I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem so I don't think it's some inherent problem with NanoStudio as such, but I realise that doesn't help your case. Would I be right in saying that the app is up to date, so it's more of a labelling thing rather than being unable to obtain the latest version?

Contacting app store support is probably the right thing to do. If you manage to get a solution from them then I'd be extremely grateful if you could let me know so I might be able to help anyone else with this problem.

Stiksi

I've had trouble with app store updates with a different app. There's something wrong there but I'm still waiting for an answer from Apple. Been a week since their last assertion that my problem is "extremely important" to them. I'm guessing they use a different dictionary than I do…

tom_tm

I'm always being told that Aperture needs 'updating', even though I've already updated it. I imagine it's a corrupt preference file somewhere on your home directory. To be honest, I think the whole Appstore thing for the Mac is pretty ropey anyway. It's okay for some applications but it misses out many others.

mlapoff

I am having the same exact problem as bloodknok. Under the purchases tab NanoStudio is always got an update button. If I run the update it goes away for then but the next time I open appstore is says it needs an update.