TIP:how to import Beatmaker samples in Trg

10 replies [Last post]
reusenoise

Hi these is a little tip to import Beatmaker samples

Basically files with .bmkz are selfcontained zip files with different extension,in the file there is .wav,map,immage.
You have to rename .bmkz in .zip or .rar,now you can open the folder and grab the samples.
Windows by default hidden the file extension,to show the files extension you can go to the folder option and uncheck "show file extension"

Cheers

davlinste

Yes and here is a link to a ton of those bmkz files. http://www.ibeatmaker.com/bmk/display.php?order=timestamp%20DESC

davlinste

I would like to expand on my post above.
------------------------------------------------------

Here is a great resource of possible TRG drum kits.

1: Go to this address:

http://www.ibeatmaker.com/bmk/display.php

2: Download any of the .bmkz files

3: Once downloaded, rename the .bmzk file so that it becomes a .zip file

E.g., ‘8 Bit Kit - FX.bmkz’ would be renamed ‘8 Bit Kit - FX.zip’

4: Extract the contents of the newly named .zip file to a folder on your hard drive etc.. You should also see a .bmk and .info file in the extracted folder these are not needed so delete these.

5: You can now just use the .wav samples to load into NanoStudio or create a TRG package with the samples by going here:

http://luktown.org/random/trg/

Drag the samples you want to the TRG maker at the above site and then choose to save out text file only. You really don’t need to ask this software to compile a full TRG package, as this will take time and you already have the samples on disk. All you need do is chose the option to save out the text file only. This text file just has information of the location of each sample in each pad etc.

(If you chose this option you will be prompted to copy the text displayed on the screen to Notepad or other plain text editor of your choice.)

Copy this text into a plain text file. Save it as 'Package.trg' in the same folder as your .wav files.

Once done, just rename the folder by adding the extension .trg to the folder with the .wav samples and 'Package.trg' text file.

E.g. If your folder is called ‘8bitkit’ then rename it ‘8bitkit.trg’ and then just use NanoSync to upload the whole folder to the TRG Bank folder in NanoStudio on your Apple device.

Hope this helps.

Dave

syrupcore

I hadn't actually looked at their .bmk files before. Pretty much a package.trg file. (not surprised, somehow)

One thing to watch out for: nanosync converts files named anything.WAV to anything.wav. I think the text only option on the trg maker handles this but if something is going weird for you, check that the wav files are *.wav, not *.WAV

davlinste

Yes, pretty much a TRG using a different extension. The fun bit is if you open a .bmzk file with VLC Media Player, each sample in the package is played one after another which is a great way of auditioning them without extracting the contents. :-)

blood_sam

Hey,

Nice find here, thanks for sharing it !

grindoxsaurus

This will help considerably time to start sampling and choppin.

zoli

Thank you for this post. I will check out the samples.

Can anyone tell me what the rights reserved are on these kits?

zoli

I'm having trouble with syncing the banks to my iPad. Can someone help me out?

I am on a Mac, and I tried using the Textedit version but I'm not sure if it has to do with Textedit adding another extension on the filename. However, I tried deleting the extension fright in my Finder, but that didn't work either. (Basically NanoSync sends the file, but it doesn't show up in the file list when I try to import a new bank).

Next I tried to do a full Trg package, but in that case NanoSync did not give me the option to send the FOLDER to my iPad. The option to send was available only when I selected the wav files within the folder....

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Cheers!

zoli

I figured it out.... I needed to create a folder first, then import the wav and trg files into it! Pretty sweet.

I still have the question of LICENSING. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

zoli

I figured it out.... I needed to create a folder first, then import the wav and trg files into it! Pretty sweet.

I still have the question of LICENSING. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.