Symlinking User Folder

3 replies [Last post]
nebyoolae

I was able to use a Junction point on Windows 7 (to make ../NanoStudio/Documents/User->Dropbox/nanostudio, essentially), but when I do the same thing on OS X 10.7 and then try to load a project it just shows nothing. If I click on Finder... in the top right, it takes me to where it should and I see all my files, but the program does not.

Anyone else have experience with this?

Blip Interactive

I have a feeling that the OS X version (which is based heavily on the iOS version) doesn't follow symbolic links since they weren't possible on iOS (although this may have changed in the last 2 years). I'll make a note to look into it if it's an easy one.

nebyoolae

Thanks for responding so quickly! Man, your software is ridiculously awesome, and my request feels like such a minor quibble, but it would go a long way in syncing all of my disparate installs/projects. If iOS could use Dropbox for its files, that would be even more amazing, but I know that's probably impossible at the moment.

nebyoolae

As a followup: I just made hardlinks to my Dropbox and while that doubles the space it all takes up, it still accomplishes my goal.