I just bought a Line 6 Mobile Keys keyboard...

6 replies [Last post]
nervous_ned

...and it works fine with Nano on iPad, but when I plug it into my MacBook and try to play the Eden it does not work.

Any suggestions?

"ned"

Blip Interactive

It seems to work OK for me. One thing : on iOS, NanoStudio automatically selects the device but on the desktop version you have to go to the MANAGE/MIDI page and explicitly choose the device.

nervous_ned

hmmm...I found the MIDI page and selected the keyboard in MIDI Input Device. Green "active" light is on, but no signal from the keyboard. I did test the Line 6 on my GarageBand just to make sure it was outputting. Do I need to change something in MIDI Controller Mappings?

"ned"

iammane

Does that keyboard have presets? I remember firing up Reason and getting PISSED that the knobs and sliders weren't matching with what they supposed to only to find out I had the wrong preset/template selected. Just a thought

Stiksi

Try changing the midi channel on your keyboard. On the Mobile keys you can change it using a shift key combination. You can find instructions how to do it in the keyboard manual.

Then go to Nanostudio's Midi page and set OMNI mode on. That should be enough to make it control the instrument you are looking at.

If NS is not receiving a midi signal at all, I don't know… restart everything?

Edit: was talking nonsense in the beginning, now corrected.

wolflikeme

I've just recently purchased a MacBook and I'm having the exact same problem, only this is with a Korg Microkey. Active light is on sometimes and on one occasion I got the midi signal light on (i have to keep re-plugging the keyboard) The keyboard worked with TRG drum pads, but I'm getting absolutely nothing from Eden.

Also, it might be worth noting that the keyboard works just fine in GarageBand.

tom_tm

What's Stiksi said. :)