Importing Old Sessions

7 replies [Last post]
halfcoat

Hey all!

I have a bit of a problem:
I had to get my phone switched out awhile ago, due to a bad lock button, and so I dutifully backed up all my sessions to my computer using NanoSync. Only issue is, I didn't do them as .nsp files, since I figured syncing the project folders and their contents would be enough (serves me right for not checking the manual!)

Is there any way to get those sessions back in NanoStudio, or am I just SOL?

Thanks for any help!

Jim Hanks

Can't you just NanoSync the project folders to the new device?

Blip Interactive

You may still have an iTunes backup of your old phone hanging around. If so, you might be able to restore the new phone from the old phone's backup data. This has the advantage that the data from all your apps will be migrated. This link might help:

http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-to-Migrate-Data-to-a-New-iPhone-13361...

Failing this, you can use NanoSync to transfer the old project folders back over. This will transfer quite a lot of data (project file, sequence data, project specific samples and presets) but you will be missing some stuff such as the global preset banks.

halfcoat

Thanks for the suggestions all.

I will take a look around to see if I have any older phone backups lying around, but it is doubtful.
I do have all of the old project folders on my computer, but when I NanoSync the data to my phone, I cannot access it in NanoStudio. Seems the project file is missing from each folder? In any case, there seems to be no file in each project folder that NanoStudio can read.
Any suggestions? Or just cross fingers for the backup?

Thank you again for all the help!

Jim Hanks

When you say "so I dutifully backed up all my sessions to my computer using NanoSync" what do you mean? What exactly did you capture?

Blip Interactive

For NanoStudio to recognise a folder as a 'proper' project there are a few requirements:

1 - The folder should have an extension of .prj
2 - It should be in the /Projects folder (or a subfolder of /Projects)
3 - It should contain a file called 'Package.prj'

... it should also contain some other files (such as Package.sng and Eden.bnk) to load successfully, but the requirements above are the minimum for NanoStudio to at least recognise it.

halfcoat

Jim -
I used NanoSync to manually place all the project folders and contents on my computer.

Blip Interactive, thank you.
The problem was, when I was trying to upload the project files back onto my phone, NanoSync wouldn't automatically create a folder for each project, and the folder names I was giving the projects did not have the .prj extension. Added that, and bingo, works just fine.

Thank you so much again for all your help! Back to music making!

StolenLogic

can you take old project files from your phone and open them up on the nanostudio for mac?