TRG maker problems.

22 replies [Last post]
Tony Nio

Been using TRG maker which has been awesome find. Thanks for making it. Have noticed that around half of the time I get through to 100 percent loaded and then get an error report. I am making sure all my .wav files are converted to 16 bit, 44100khz. Any ideas? I am running IMac 10.4. Sometimes it does work However so am perplexed as to why some wont.

Blip Interactive

Hi Tony. A NanoStudio user called Syrupcore wrote the TRG Maker, so unfortunately I can't help you directly. However, it might be helpful to collect more detail on the errors you're getting:

- When you get an error report, what exactly does it say?
- Is it random (ie. sometimes works with exactly the same data set, sometimes doesn't) or can you pin it down to the use of certain wav files (ie. you can find a wav file that gives this report every single time)?

syrupcore

Which browser and version are you using Tony? If you have a set of samples that always trips it up, feel free to email them to me and I can have a look to see what's up. random at luktown dot org.

Tony Nio

Thank you so much guys. At work now so will get those error reports exactly etc tonight.

Tony Nio

Hello again. Error says Error: 0 4377. Something is wrong and this isn't helpful.

Safari Version 4.1.3 (4533.19.4)

Mac OSX 10.4.1

Samples have been free loops off Loopmasters. Uploaded them on a Sample Rate Converter and they appear to be 16bit 44100khz.

Reluctant to purchase whole packs until I sort this out. Will email you an example of 6 that fail continuously syrupcore. Cheers again gentlemen.

Blip Interactive

Man, those humorous error messages always come back to bite you. Talking from experience here.

Sorry I'm not helping.

syrupcore

If I recall, that's a server side error which I always return as useless for fear of someone smarter than me learning something about my server setup and eating my lunch.

This is a good excuse to dig back in. Haven't touched it in a long while. Please send them along. I fear that older version of safari is the problem though. Have you tried FF or chrome?

alphacat

Today:

Using latest version of Chrome... I drag files (pre-checked to be 44.1/16bit) as a group or individually into the Flash prompt... nothing happens. Tried using IE, told I was using a crummy browser (heh.)

Anyone else?

syrupcore

Uh oh. Looks like it's broken in both firefox and chrome. Yay for the constantly changing html5 spec! Very fun to dev against. Still works in safari 5 but there's no sound preview. I'm guessing it's broken in safari 6 but no way to test it at the moment. I'll look into it this week/weekend. If anyone has feature requests, now would be the time. :)

alphacat

Yay! Thanks Syrupcore. Appreciate this utility a lot.

Tony Nio

ditto. A lifesaver :)

syrupcore

Ok, *think* it's fixed. It was indeed a JS File api change. Thanks, HTML. Tested in FF14 and chrome21 but nothing else (if you have auto update on in either browser, you're on a similar version. If you don't have auto update on, well, sorry). The API change was made in FF v7 so I've blindly changed the minimum requirements to that version. Yay, free software. There could be other random things that have broken due to api changes but I was able to upload/edit/trigger/download quite a few.

Think I may have fixed the Tony's original problem as well. Well, I found two scenarios that'd break the upload and give you that useless error message and fixed those two things. Lord knows there's probably 4000 more ways to break this fragile old thing.

If anyone has Mountain Lion/Safari 6, I'd be interested to hear how that works!

I should really make an 'ipad' version one of these days. That text is tiny or I'm officially over 40.

(edited. drunk.)

syrupcore

oh, I forgot. its all relative css sizing with no graphics. Just hit zoom in the browser (cmd/ctrl and the + key) a few times to get an ipad sized version. :) At least I did one thing right. Let's see you do that, iOS.

Tony Nio

Nice work syrup core. Now, just to get the bubba off to bed to do some checks from Australia. Will let you know how it goes . Thanks again

Stiksi

You know, that post bears repeating. Great job! I'm finally getting into using it :)

syrupcore

Thanks dudes. Stiksi, which browser are you using?

Stiksi

Ah, I was just getting started, when family happened… will get back to this later :)

syrupcore

My internal question: Is the silence half empty or half full?

Stiksi

I guess it's really a question of subject-background.

Tony Nio

Ummm, not good news on my Safari front. Can still upload 2-3 pads at a time but otherwise get through to 100% and get the news "Something has gone terribly wrong". So still works but big uploads are killing me!!

syrupcore

Thanks for the feedback, sorry to hear it's not working. I can't test for safari 4. Get a new browser! They're free! :)

williamroyal01

Hey come over to my youtube channel to check my latest nanostudio! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGy-xAWW5lc http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq7YTNPBbQ0 TUTORIALS,,, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr68lmxJHRs! Please come check out my stuff

Stiksi

This guy is starting to piss me off…