HOW TO LOAD SAMPLES INTO TRG OR EDEN step by step

15 replies [Last post]
Stiksi

INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOADING SAMPLES INTO THE TRG OR EDEN
(such a popular question that I thought I'd make a step-by-step)

AUDIO COPY / PASTE (ACP)

ACP1. Audio copy the sample in the app you wish to copy from (this you'll have to figure out, it changes app by app).
ACP2. Open Nanostudio
---------------------------
If you want the sample into a TRG go to TRG
If you want the sample into an EDEN go to EDEN
---------------------------

TRG

TRG1: Open a TRG by tapping it in the MAIN MENU (Top left corner, three horizontal lines)
TRG2: Tap the icon next to the little house. It has nine tiny squares on it.
TRG3: You are now in EDIT MODE. Tap on a PAD (the 16 squares dominating the right hand side of the screen)
TRG4: You are now editing the pad. Tap LOAD.
-------------------------
Go to FILE MANAGER
TRG5: Tap DONE.
TRG6: Tap the little house icon.
TRG7: You're done!

FILE MANAGER (FM)
––––––––––––
Steps FM1-FM4 only apply if you are audio pasting from a different app
FM1: Tap PASTE
FM2: Select your sample from the list (you can hear the sound by tapping once on them)
FM3: Tap PASTE
FM4: Tap OK
––––––––––––
FM5: Select your sample. You might need to navigate to it through the folders. By default, you start in the PROJECT FOLDER of your current PROJECT. If you need to navigate to your SAMPLES folder, you tap on the arrow left icon until it doesn't do anything anymore and then tap SAMPLES
FM6: Tap LOAD
Go to TRG5 or EDEN5

EDEN

EDEN1: Open an EDEN by tapping it in the MAIN MENU (Top left corner, three horizontal lines)
EDEN2: Tap the small downwards ponting arrow within a grey circle on the right edge of the screen 3 times
EDEN3: Tap MOD until the red light is next to the word SAMPLE
EDEN4: Tap LOAD
Go to FILE MANAGER
EDEN5: You're done!

Stiksi

@ Syrupcore: Here's the new thread.

syrupcore

nice. updated.

zoli

Is there anywhere where we can find good, free, wav samples to import into Eden? Suggestions are much appreciated.

Blip Interactive

Unfortunately, 'free' and 'good' are often mutually exclusive. Have you see this thread?

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/2206

Jeremy lewis

Ok I'm very new to this but I want to know how would you load a song into the trg to make samples to play?

franco

INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOADING SAMPLES INTO THE TRG OR EDEN

A sample loaded to TRG does not sound like a sample loaded in EDEN. A sample sounds better when you load it using TRG but TRG does not offer the keyboard utility. So my question is: what is the best preset in EDEN to load a sample that will sound as good as loaded in TRG?

Thank you.

Jeremy lewis

Well let me rephrase my question. How would I take a normal song, and bring it into nano studio, so that I may cut it up and assign those cuts to specific pads in the trg?

syrupcore
Stiksi

@ Franco: The only difference between the TRG and Eden when it comes to samples is, that TRG can use stereo samples and the Eden uses mono samples. If you load a stereo sample into the Eden, Nanostudio will just merge the channels, which may make it sound worse.

If you want a "clean slate" preset for the Eden, use one of the Project bank presets marked EMPTY. Mind you, if you want flat playback, turn the Filter mode to OFF (default is LP).

franco

@ Stiksi: Thanks for the information. I didn't know that. Is there a way around this. I just want my songs to sound good like these guys using Nanostudio like Galaxyexplorer and others. How do they do it?

Stiksi

Nobody knows how Galaxy does what he does, I suspect he's using some ancient form of magic, like alchemy. If you absolutely need stereo samples in the Eden, you can separate the channels in another app and then use two separate Edens panned left and right to do it. If you only need a couple of notes, you can use the transpose setting in the TRG and play your sequence on the pads. Then, if you need to, you can resample the whole sequence and trigger it from a single pad to free up space.

franco

I will give it a try. I also use alchemy but it's not even close to Galaxy's magic!!! I don't absolutely need stereo samples in Eden, I just want my music to sound good using NS. Thanks for the tips.

Stiksi

Oh, and Galaxy did reveal that he does tons of layering to get the sounds. His .nsp:s are huge. That's not a double entendre.

rocknrao

Doesn't work if I load them into the samples folder either.

In the directions posted above, what file manager is being used?

Stiksi

Post questions in the original thread, please. Other users need to be able to follow this too.

File managers don't matter, Nanosync is Nanosync. If you could just post a step-by-step (in the original thread) of what you're doing, we could probably figure out what's going on.