Can't get NanoSync to work on pc

4 replies [Last post]
briscoe27

Ok, downloaded Nanostudio last night for my iPhone 4. I then connected to my router using NanoSync with no problems. I then downloaded it for my pc but each time I click the "Enable" button under NanoSync, it goes blue for a split second and then back to black and always says "Status: Wi-Fi connection unavailable".

I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. I've added the Nanostudio program to the list of accepted programs in Windows Firewall and it still won't connect. Tried turning off Windows Firewall, still no luck. I've had no warning messages on Windows 7 of any kind and searched these forums, the help section & the internet, been through my router settings and can't get it to sync at all.

Great program but if I can't connect it to my pc to upload projects, I'm going to be really disappointed.

If any can help, I'd be very grateful.

Blip Interactive

> Each time I click the "Enable" button under NanoSync, it goes blue for a split second and then back to black and always says "Status: Wi-Fi connection unavailable".

I think you probably mean 'NanoStudio' not 'NanoSync' here (yes it is confusing, I do it myself!). It sounds to me like the problem's at the iPhone end, not the PC. I suspect it's as it says ie. not connected to WiFi.

On your phone, go to Settings->WiFi networks. It should be showing a tick beside one of the networks, but I suspect it's not. Select your network, wait for it to connect and do its stuff and then try again. Another possibility is that you have Airplane Mode on.

There's a little more help in the NanoSync section of the manual :

http://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/downloads/NanoStudioManual.pdf

briscoe27

Thanks for the reply but I do mean "NanoSync". My iPhone connects to Wi-Fi no problem and displays an IP address and says ready.

My iPhone then says underneath that to start NanoSync on my pc and press "Connect".
Then when I load NanoStudio on my pc and go to NanoSync under the "Manage" tab, it says "Wi-Fi connection unavailable" So the problem is the program on the pc.

All drivers are up to date, no problems whatsover with anything else on the pc. I've already been through the manual many times and the last resort so to speak was to look on these forums for a solution.

Blip Interactive

Aha I see what's happened - there's still a NanoSync/NanoStudio confusion going on! You're quite right, the phone is doing what it should.

You need to download NanoSync for Windows, not NanoStudio for Windows. NanoStudio for Windows is a free demonstration of the iPhone app. NanoSync on the other hand is the tool for WiFi transfer.

NanoSync's right at the bottom of the downloads page:

http://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/download.php

Good luck!

briscoe27

That's it! Maybe next time I should learn to scroll down the whole of the downloads page. Thanks very much for your help, really appreciated. Now I can get to uploading my not so great tracks...