Vocals

14 replies [Last post]
Joesoj

So I want to record some vocals on some of my tracks and the ImproVox looks alright (I don't really approve of auto tune but it is cheap and has effects) but it doesn't have any kind of copy/paste function! Does anybody have any advice please? Thanks :-)

georgyk

There is no really simple solution.

The simplest - requiring a computer - might be :
- use iExplorer to retrieve your Improvox file
- put it back on your iOS device in the right app.
- import

Without a computer :
- mail the file to an account used on your iOS device
- download Hokusai if you havent already
- open your e-mail attachment by pressing on it for a few seconds, until it shows "open in",
- open in Hokusai
- edit / copy / paste somewhere

georgyk

Sorry. Cant edit. Hokusai won't work with the pasteboard.

sirmcp

Once you pay for the upgrade, Hokusai will work will the pasteboard.

georgyk

Aha.

The complete version of Hokusai is 7.99€, the audio copy/paste is available from 2,39€ up.

I guess there must be a better way than the one I described.

dendy

also Multitrack DAW is good... it have basic editing, compressor/equalizer (very good) and it have acp

Joesoj

Multitrack DAW looks perfect for recording vocals with the import, copy/paste ability. Not cheap though :-/ Thanks mate :-)

MCOBigBen

ACP? What's that?

Joesoj

Audio Copy Paste I think...I could be wrong :-)

tom_tm

ACP= "Audio Copy Paste" :)

georgyk
Pat OHara

im new to nanostudio and im not too familiar with all the jargon. could someone help by explaining to me how to record audio over the metronome and the rest of the tracks?

Zupi

From what i learned so far and if i am understanding correctly what you want to do, you can record audio in Eden by setting the synths oscillator waveform through [Mod] button, to [Sample]. Press the [Rec] button that appears and you will be in a [Sample]/[Resample] submenu. On the right you will see a [Monitor] selector where you can switch between [Off] - [Click] (Metronome) - [Song] (Loop points).

You can go in this submenu through TRG-16s Edit menu as well if you want to use this instead Eden.
Hope this helps.

Pat OHara

Thank you that works.

MarkB

Just a heads up, I asked the Improvox devs about audio copy and they have replied:

"We are currently working on building in the Sonoma audio features, and hope to have a free update available in the next month."