NanoStudio V1.30 (iPad universal) has been submitted to the app store

113 replies [Last post]
JoE2O1O

hopefully that means that by the morning here in the uk it will be ready!!!

SixOneCynic

Wow! We could be just hours from the new version! This is just splendid!

tom_tm

You wait, and wait for that little red dot to change from red to orange, then hopefully to green...

A bit like those traffic light blobs at at the top left-hand side of your window...

A bit like watching paint dry....

Or waiting for grass to grow....

petrol prices to drop....

It's dullllllll llllllllllllllll.............

Still, there's always the 'Djay' app to keep you amused!

The Incredible Monged Band (Hell Bard Mix) pt-2 by Tom TM

pablo64

It's a long wait! One could possibly conclude that Apple had a secret policy of delaying approval on music apps which might seriously affect sales of their own Garage Band app just before Christmas.....! :-o

darwiniandude

I really think Nano has Zero impact on GarageBand in its current form. GarageBand is pretty cool. Nanostudio actually allows songs to be completed.

Until garage gets event editing it's pretty useless compared to Nano.

If anything, the existence of Garage probably helps Nano by lending credibility to iOS as a platform, and when people hit Garage's limits they hopefully go looking and find Nano studio.

I honestly think this will be approved very promptly.

vonHoward

I'm trying not to entertain the possibility of a rejection... Please apple don't ruin christmas.

Starcaster

V1.2 & V1.21 took 8 & 11 days respectively from submission to appearance in App Store (see previous posts by Blip) and it has been 6 days so far, though I presume the fact that the submission is under review means acceptance is imminent?

Starcaster

Are we dealing with Californa time? If so, the time there is still only 6am (I think).

tom_tm

6am? That means it will probably be released TODAY! :D

ReverendP

Some light reading to help pass the time. Good article on dynamic range in SOS.
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/sep11/articles/loudness.htm

strata189

No midi out, no background for other apps - a letdown for me.

Stiksi

You do realise this update was not supposed to have ANY new features? If there's still a next one before 2.0, that's going to be the features update.

cyberheater

I've got a day off tomorrow so I'm hoping it's coming out today...

Blip Interactive

Apple have just approved it and I've given the go ahead for release, so it should be coming online shortly. In my experience, this happens pretty quickly - within an hour or so and usually much less than that.

m2n2l2

It's out

Starcaster

Downloading as I type. Thanks.

pbb49

!!!!

Starcaster

It's great. Thanks again!

pablo64

Nanostudio has landed! I take back everything I said Apple...!

A little update (bugfix actually) for iMaschine too.

Thankyou Santa :-)

Teddie

Whoohoo I've been waiting a long time for this....
I've always found my iphone way too small for serious music making but it seems like I can ditch Ableton with this new ipad release :)

Blip Interactive

Yep, you can find a few more details about it here:

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/2464

dendy

best thing what happens this year.. Matt THANKS, you did unbelievable awesome job !!!!

pablo64

Thanks so much for all your hard work on this Matt.
You've made a lot of iUsers very happy!

Blip Interactive

Ah Dendy - just the man! I mailed you to check about the use of original samples in your track you sent me. Did you get it at all? I'll probably do a V1.31 in a week or two to fix any issues which come up so I can include your track if you give me the all clear!

cyberheater

And downloading now. I'm going to be a busy boy tomorrow :)

m2n2l2

Load/Save FX chains, nice. Song/sequencer view with hi-res, nice. Mute/Solo in song view could be bigger, same with the orange bars you use to fiddle things back and forth/bigger smaller. Notifications work bit funny, they don't follow the orientation nor do they pop up while NS is in use (based on one incident). Copy/past in TRG edit works really nice, it's really fast to copy sample from one pad to the next one and transpose it. One thing I'd change . . if you tap the instrument name in mixer view, it throws you to the instrument view. If you tap it up where the pan is, it throws you to the song view. Feels more logical like that, even if there is a dedicated button for it.

E: it's not just notifications, when I push volume up/down it's sideways too x)

E1: Notifications do pop-up, but they don't follow orientantion.

Karmamole

It's OUT!

:)

georgyk

Yessssssss !

Blip Interactive

"If you tap it up where the pan is, it throws you to the song view. "

Don't quite get this? Double tapping the pan centres the knob, which is what everyone asked for.

Have to say I've never used a notification, or actually know what they do (it's probably one of the many 'helpful' things I always turn off instinctively, such as spelling correction!). I'd have to investigate. Should notifications follow all possible orientations of the device when the foreground app only allows landscape?

mienamang

Fantastic! One of the reasons I look for updates in the AppStore. Today suddenly it was there! Awesome.