nanosync

20 replies [Last post]
weltensegler

Can I transfer a project which I made at the computer with nanostudio to my iphone?

Blip Interactive

Yes! The first thing you need to do is install NanoSync on your computer. You can find it here:

http://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/download.php (near the bottom of the page)

Then, on your computer:

- Start up NanoStudio and load your project
- On the MANAGE/Project page, click Export and choose a name. Your project will be saved as a self-contained .nsp file.

Now you need to find where NanoStudio saved your file. This bit's a bit messy, I really should add the option on the computer to locate the file after export. Here's one way to do it in NanoStudio (still on your computer):

- On the MANAGE/Project page, click the Load button and then click the 'Explorer...' button at the top right of the file dialogue (called 'Finder..' on the Mac). This will bring up an Explorer/Finder window on your computer where you should be able to find the nsp file. You might want to make a shortcut to this folder on your desktop to avoid this step in future.

Now you can transfer the file:

- Start up NanoStudio on your phone, and enable the NanoSync server from the MANAGE/NanoSync page
- Start up NanoSync on your computer, connect and browse to your phone's project directory
- Drop the nsp file you made into NanoSync's window, and it should copy it over to the phone

Finally, you can now load your project:

- On your phone, go to the MANAGE/Project page
- Tap load
- Load the nsp file (nsp files have an orange icon)

Sounds lengthy but it's not too bad once you've been through it once. If you want more help on NanoSync then have a look at page 60 of the NanoStudio manual:

http://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/downloads/NanoStudioManual%201.21.pdf

(also available from within the app on the MANAGE/Help screen)

weltensegler

Funny, all works but I can´t see any orange icons. I just can see it when I put the prj file in the nano sync window but the icon is blue ;-). The only file I have on the iPhone is the one called demos. Fx Favorites, Projects, Samples and TRG Banks are not visible. Hmm, may be I do something wrong. Thank´s for the latest version for mac. It´s great to have a big view.

weltensegler

Ahh, when I put the nap file it looks orange on my iPhone :-) but just in the file demos :-)

Blip Interactive

On your phone, you probably have the standard folder structure like this:

+ Projects/Demos

Could it be that you copied the nsp file into Projects, but you're looking in Projects/Demos? You can use the back button in the file browser to go up a level and maybe you'll find it there.

BTW you can just copy the .prj folder but you'll most likely end up with missing samples. There more info about this on page 10 of the manual:

http://www.blipinteractive.co.uk/downloads/NanoStudioManual%201.21.pdf

weltensegler

On my iPhone I just see the file demos. It´s not possible to go back in order to see other files. The new desktop version says it´s not possible to use wifi. Is it true? So there is no possibility to sync a project to the iPhone anymore?

weltensegler

Would there be a solution soon to transfer files by drag and drop without wifi. I think this would be the nicest way.

pablo64

@weltensegle

Windows users can use iExplorer to drag and drop files if they don't have wi-fi. Maybe there is something similar for Mac.

weltensegler

@pablo

Did not find it for Mac :-( I have WiFI but can´t use it with the new version of nanostudio.

Blip Interactive

@weltensegler - Either I'm confused, or you are, or both! The desktop version of NanoStudio doesn't use WiFi, it's the iOS version that uses WiFi. You run NanoSync (not NanoStudio) on your computer in order to drag and drop files to/from your phone over WiFi.

When loading/saving projects, you can't go up any higher than the Project folder. The Demos folder is located inside the Project folder. When viewing the Project folder you will see a folder inside it called Demos which contain the demo tunes supplied with NanoStudio. You can create new folders for your own projects anywhere inside the Project folder.

I agree not having WiFi would be the nicest way, but Apple doesn't support it. They only have a very simple iTunes file transfer which doesn't support anything a more complex app such as NanoStudio needs such as nested folders, renaming, permissions, automatic format conversion etc.

iExplorer is the nearest you will get to this, and it's definitely available for OS X 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7. Download button's right at the top of their main page http://www.macroplant.com/iexplorer/

weltensegler

I changed from ios to the desktop version during our conversation ;-). Now I understand, I just can use the demos file :-). Everythings running fine and hopefully with the iexplorer as well. No confusion at all but thank´s for great support. Anywhere I have a lot of fun with nanostudio :-)

Blip Interactive

Just a word of warning : You can do pretty well anything with iExplorer so be careful with what files you change/delete!

The files that NanoSync would normally give you access to are under Apps/NanoStudio/Documents/User.

If you copy samples over, make sure that you've converted them to 16 bit - NanoStudio expects this, and NanoSync would normally do the conversion for you automatically during the transfer.

weltensegler

Yea, iexplorer works fine and I will take care, what I do ;-)

rocknrao

This doesn't seem to work for me.

The Load page on my ipad doesn't contain the .nsp file that I transferred from my macbook using nanosync.

It shows up in the nanosync window on the macbook though.

syrupcore

which folder did you put it in?

rocknrao

Projects, but it shows up in the main directory on nanosync.

Doesn't load from manage page in ipad.

syrupcore

if it's in the root folder when you look at your ipad via nanosync, drag it from there into the Projects folder (within the same window).

Blip Interactive

In NanoSync, you might have to navigate to the actual Projects folder (by double clicking on it) and then drop your files there.

Sounds like you might be in the root folder and trying to drop your files on the Projects folder icon. In an ideal world that should work but off hand I don't think it does. NanoSync isn't the most glamorous app, more utilitarian than anything :)

charlesjones

I can't see nanosync, soundcloud or email file on windows anywhere, but I can see it on my iPad..? help with syncing please..

syrupcore

Nanosync is a separate application for Windows/Mac that you can download from the main Blip Interactive site. Load that up, tell you ipad to look for it and you can move stuff back and forth.

I dunno if Matt went through the trouble of including soundcloud and mail in the desktop app. It's pretty straight forward to upload/email a mix down with standard desktop tools. Stuck on something in particular?

Blip Interactive

Yes, SoundCloud and email are unavailable on the desktop versions.

Best thing to do is to use the 'Explorer..' button in NanoStudio's file browser and then drag your files elsewhere (eg. a new email).