Universal iPad version coming soon ...

109 replies [Last post]
Blip Interactive

OK guys, you can try out an alpha version of NanoStudio 1.3 for Windows here:

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/2420

... the OS X version will be coming tomorrow!

karmacomposer

When can we expect the ipad version to show up as an update? I bought nanostudio a long time ago for my iphone, but now have my ipad2.

Mike

Blip Interactive

I'm planning to submit the iOS version to Apple on the 1st of December. App store submissions can get pretty busy around the holiday period but hopefully it'll be available mid-December if everything goes smoothly - fingers crossed!

yentz

cool. then i will cut and sort samples till then to have my ipad ready for a 3 day christmas marathon at my parents house (in germany we celebrate on the 24th and ALL SHOPS are closed on the 25th and 26th and all people stay at home). :)

Blip Interactive

Christmas really does come early in Germany :)

Galaxyexplorer (not verified)

....some must work...: ( but it's always christmas and birthday together when i see a NanoStudio update in the appstore. I'm now 33 but i feel like a little child then ha ha : )
...is it available in all countries at the same time or is it different in appstores (just interested)
ThumbJam 2.0 needs one week...it's a good time.

Blip Interactive

Last time I did an update (which was a little while ago now!) it seemed to appear in all stores within a 1-2 hour window, I'd say.

Galaxyexplorer (not verified)

Thank's!

brickwindow

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! I cannot wait!

With doing such an epic design overhaul, I would have loved to see the TRG tweaked just slightly to reduce the margins around the pads. It really is one of the few aesthetic choices I prefer on Tabletop & Beatmaker. Having the names on the pad and expanding each pad to fill out the grid looks especially clean on Beatmaker. I believe you mentioned previously that the trigger area actually covers where the text is above the pad. Why not just expand the pad to encapsulate the text and have larger accurate pads?

Ivanium

Wow! Incredible update. iPad interface is beautiful. But there are two features that Eden (maybe) lacking:
1) Free running oscillators. Now, if i'm not missing something, they are phase-cancelling. Great for basses and plucked instruments, but not for analog-like sounds.
2) Maybe unisono mode (at cost of polyphony) with stereo spread.

StoneCut

Really looking forward to this !!!!

ReverendP

In the phone version please consider adding a solo button to the mute/fx cluster in the mixer. Space is tight but having both solo and mute on that page seems important.

Blip Interactive

Double tap the mute button to solo on the phone. Not ideal but I didn't want to eat into the space for the fader.

ReverendP

Ah. Good solution. Thanks.

syrupcore

The double click to solo works great. Doesn't feel like a work around at all.

obiwahn

WoW thx! cant wait to use it on my iPad.
NS is the Best Music-APP on iOS....far and away the Best!

little questions:
How can you change the rootkey @ the scales? there es always C....
you ask which scales are our favorites....my own! ;-)
Do you try Thumbjam2.0? WoW a second time! It is my favourite Solo Instrument for playing Live.
Look @ the scales & the possibility to make your own!

How can you TAPing Play, if you wanna use NS like a DJ its hard to Tap PLAY cause you have to STOP 2Times than you can Play the loop from Beginning, maybe its Possibel to TAP the PLAY-Button if is still playing to Be-Be-Begin the loop or the Song from Beginning....like a DJ to find the ONE in the loop...hope you understand.

I think it would be better if you can HOLD the BPM-Button for a second to enter the TAP Menu.
Now you TAP on the BPM-Button then there will come the Menu, then you can TAP there, but you have to close the Menu first to Press
Play....long way...it would be great to Ta-Ta-Tap the BPM and directly Play the Loop/Song.

Do you think about the possibility to Sync with other APPs (WIST/DSMI...)?
It would be very usefull to use the (PAN)Knob @ the Mixer to controll another Parameter!

thoughts & wishes
you do a realy good Job.
RocknRoll
tobi

darwiniandude

I'm in love with this update! Can't wait. And I'll deffinately pay for whatever future products/updates you roll out.

I've lately toyed with Meteor, and tried to like it. It has a great feature set, track freeze, multi samples, audio tracks and so on. But it feels too much like work. You have to fight with it. It has a file menu, and an edit menu, and audio pool, and text based options everywhere. Horrible icons that aren't obvious. It has tabs for swapping between arrange, mixer, midi editor etc which are located directly below the keyboard. Trying to play in some notes and the keyboard vanishes to be replaced by the waveform editor.

What I'm saying is, Nanostudio is a tool that I, and many others on here, really love, because it is intuitive and designed from the ground up to be what it is, and it really feels like someone who understands how music software should work on a touch screen has agonized over the placement and function of controls. Nanostudio is the only iOS music app that I keep coming back to and can just be creative with. The time and effort in this iPad update is much appreciated, thanks. :)

phormz

Yep, I totally agree. I've also REALLY tried getting on with Meteor as its feature set is easily the best (on paper) ...but the way it's all implemented doesn't even come close to NS.
Can't wait for the update Matt, it looks amazing ...Given the way you do things, I'm another customer who will gladly pay for in app purchases and further releases from you.
Keep up the good work ...Cheers!

yentz

Good timing. i went through parts of my (very outdated) sample library and managed to get 1 gig of the most important stuff nicely sorted together. uploading to my ipad right now and hope that apple is quick that i can start using it soon.