Community NSP and TRG files

227 replies [Last post]
Slam-Cut

@spook1138: download the .nsp files to your computer, then use Nanosync (also needs to be on your computer) to transfer the .nsp files to your iDevice's Projects folder. In Nanostudio under Manage, press load and go to the .nsp file (orange logo next to it). The .nsp file will be un-zipped as a Project file (blue logo next to it). New Eden presets will be in the Project Bank of that Project file. Depending upon the iOS you are running, I think you can use 'Open In' to circumvent the computer, but I like having back up copies on my computer in case links on the forum get broken.

If you transfer any of the Project Bank sample-based presets to Banks A-G, remember to save the sample to a root folder (I created one called Preset Banks) so that the preset can be used in other projects. If you don't do this the preset will always look to the original project file for the sample, and if you ever modify or move that original project, then the link between preset and sample will be broken and the preset won't work.
Hope that helps.

syrupcore

I put all of the downloaded NSPs into /Projects/Presets and just promise myself to leave the folder alone when i do /Projects house cleaning. I do skip the computer when opening stuff from this thread these days. I back the lot up fairly regularly, plus iCloud.

spook1138

AWESOME ADVICE AND GUIDANCE GUYS....LOOKING FORWARD TO HAVING A PLAY...

spook1138

Hmmmm... SLAMCUT used your 'approach/guidance' of 'loading' them into the project bank..which worked...however...is the only way to 'save' the presets by 'writing' them one at a time to one of the available slots in the unused banks?

There appears to be banks A-G (7) each with 63 preset slots....461 available sounds in one 'Eden' synth which doesn't include the Project one....is there a 'simple' way to add 'bulk' samples to the 'Eden' default 'soundset' as this is more what I'm after....

Your continued assistance is very much appreciated...

spook1138

ALSO after a copy of 'REUSENOISE' soundset.... anyone got a copy that they could make available to me as the 'link' in their post doesn't seem to work

Harisonzamperla

Unfortunately the only way currently to save them (unless there's some kinda hack) is by writing them one at a time into the A-G banks. The reason is because the banks are one big file instead of individual patch files which would make the program run a lot slower. Hence why nanostudio is still one of the lowest latency apps out there.

Harisonzamperla

It's really not that big of a hassle. Especially if you consider there may only be a few instruments that you'd wanna use out of someone's custom patches

Slam-Cut

spook1138:
Yes and no, or I'm not totally sure what you are asking.
Each Eden preset (whether a synth preset or a sample preset) is created and saved one at a time. They can be saved to banks A-G if you want the preset available all of the time, or to a 'P' Project bank. The project banks are loaded in with a project (song/track) and can have 64 presets. This is nice for collecting presets that have a certain sound or genre.

You also asked about samples. Those can be loaded in bulk into NS. I created a folder in the root level of the Projects folder (using Nanosync) and copied a whole bunch of samples into it. Those can then be made into sample-based presets one at a time. For each sample-based preset you will want to adjust things and probably add FX to get the best sound out of the sample. Sometimes a sample doesn't need much help, but other times the tweaking can create a different version that might work better than the original. Once the preset is finished, save it to a desireable place A-G or P.

Hope that helps. Not sure how much of that is redundant for you and already known to you. You did join the forum back in 2011, so I'm assuming you have been using NS and have the basics down, right?

spook1138

yeah got the basics down quite quickly with regard to samples....just like ALL the sounds Im likely to use to be ALL in one easy and accessible place for recall when trying to nail the ideal sound for a particular melody.... have to use the 'one-at-a-time' approach....

Cheers though guys for your help...

spook1138

Just whilst I'm here and taking advantage of the speed and depth of your assistance... I'm REALLY struggling locating a really good string sample set.... I thought Id found one in EPIC STACCATO STRINGS (which after listening to the demo I promptly went in and purchased as sonically it was PERFECT) unfortunately ALL the sounds are only in LOOP format... Im looking for one/single hits so I can create my own compositions and NOT have to just rearrange other peoples LOOPS (which frankly I just don't see the point of)....

Any help would be appreciated...or should I start a new thread?

Slam-Cut

Spook1138: Yeah, your best bet is to copy the samples to one common folder that you keep all the samples for presets in banks A-G. Put special/genre specific samples in sub-folders for projects outside your normal genre(s) and save those sample-based presets to the Project Bank. Then the process of creating an .nsp file will zip up all the required samples (for archiving or just transferring to another iDevice). This is a pretty safe way to avoid the broken link between a preset and its sample.

Harisonzamperla

@spook1138 I don't personally have any use for strings really but i could make you a few instruments if you'd be willing to throw me a few bucks via PayPal for the trouble. I'd even send you the patches first to make sure you liked them. I dunno. Just an offer. I dont really have use for strings or I'd just make them for me but my friend is a virtuoso violinist so we could sample her.

Slam-Cut

I think there would be takers for that offer here on the forum. Especially if there were a full range of notes with a good range of articulations (pizzicato through long legato samples) and dynamics, and a decent mic set-up for the recordings. I'd go in for that. I bet others would to. I'd be happy with just the samples (.wav files) but arranging them into TRG files would be an added bonus worth a few more bucks. Could be a side business for you...

Harisonzamperla

I'm absolutely down. Also if you find an instrument in a song that you'd like to replicate I can create a similarly sounding patch from scratch so there's no copyright infringement. Let me know folks.

Harisonzamperla

OK here's an example video of a custom patch I designed to sound like a theramin sounding instrument in the song nightglide - klimeks.

http://youtu.be/iqCqzXikVAA

If you want a custom patch I'd be willing to negotiate a fair price for the time.

Slam-Cut

Nice preset!
Intruiging offer. What's your background? Are you a sound designer?
I dabble in creating presets for some apps, but my primary interest is in composing, so what little time I get for music goes into that, or procrastinating on this forum. I want to get more into sound design, but just have enough time. Therefore I usually end up buying 3rd party presets just to save myself some time.

Harisonzamperla

No I've done some audio engineering though. I'm actually a professionally trained classical pianist for 17 years and also a guitarist and vocalist. I teach piano lessons, live in an art house and also tune pianos. Nanostudio is amazing, ive been playing with it for a about a year and since I write a lot of music I will replicate or invent instruments based on what I need in a song. Id be willing to fine tune presets for people though and let them hear samples so they wouldnt pay for something that's not quite what they want.

Slam-Cut

That sounds really cool. Love to throw some piano questions at you sometime.
As far as sounds go, i can't think of anything I would want replicated. I'm not doing covers right now, but would like to one day. Things like the lead saw synth on Van Halen's jump come to mind. That's a fun song and a fun lead. I am more into evolving pads and arp-like LFO-modulated sounds that form an interesting accompaniment with even a simple chord progression. And of course synth leads that have expressive qualities, something approaching a violin. Those are the types of sounds I seem to consistently quest for. Sounds that inspire me to create music with them.

That reminds me, its time for me to take my donkey and go searching for more musical windmills...

spook1138

HARRISONZAMPERLA - You have a 'deal'.....this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for in terms of getting the sounds I REALLY want as with sample CD's ETC you tend to get ALOT of stuff you don't really want or will ever use...

So where do we start? - As I have said I have recently purchased a couple of sample libraries with the sounds I'm looking for but they are loops....and when I edit them down to just a note and use the 'sample' import function in EDEN... they play fine at the original 'note' but obviously play faster and slower when playing higher and lower notes...

Are you suggesting that you will be able to 'create' an EDEN pre-set that will resolve this speed/pitching issue? (FINGERS CROSSED)

I could send you via email the loop of the main instrument I'm looking to have available, for you to manipulate so you could establish a price then we could discuss a few more that I am interested in....

email me at spook1138@msn.com at your convenience.....

One sound I am particularly eager to have access to is a 'sound' (not sampled as far as I can tell) from a 'synth' within a previous DAW I was using prior to NANOSTUDIO.... there I can provide a screen print of the 'SYNTH' settings etc... hopefully someone (YOU! ) with the right knowledge and experience would be able to replicate or get close to replication....

These are services I am MORE than happy to pay for....

spook1138

I'm so eager to go I have already created a folder on my computer ready to email to you with the sounds I'm looking for along with the screen print of the synth I previously spoke about...

Harisonzamperla

Rad. Let's work on some sounds. I love recreating stuff. Did this tonight

http://youtu.be/hn4S6vAK9-4

Harisonzamperla

@spook1138 I sent you an email

Slam-Cut

Your process of replicating a synth sound with Eden would make a great new thread that we could all follow along with and chime in with occasional questions/suggestions. Sounds interesting to me at least.

Harisonzamperla

Yea. Someone wanna start it? I'd be interested in feedback and seeing others people's work

Slam-Cut

Starting a new thread is easy: on General Chat forum page press 'new topic' (right above the numbers). Maybe one of you two could post a link to the original sound(s). Refernce Photos of the original synth sertings would be helpful. I think that would make a great start.

Harisonzamperla

Here's a completely new patch bank I've been working on for about two months. Got a large variety of sounds and you can get lots of different tones out of each individual one as I've set up XY pads to modify lfo gates and such.

Its for sale for $3.99 on sellfy and there's 64 patches. Check out the demo video for an idea of what to expect.

https://sellfy.com/p/KPCy/

PhATTz-DominatioN

Here is the NSP for some messing around I've been doing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByJrY9YMxHoLbkQ1d0VnaFNsZC00RWVPZThVRGY...

Here is the preview via Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/phattzdomination/i-dont-know

Jeppan74

@PhATTz-DominatioN: Pardon my french, but those sounds was bloody mental!! Big up, and thanks for the fish (nsp :) )

Blip Interactive

@PhATTz - Nice work on those bass sounds with the ring mod/waveshaper/chorus - very inventive!

PhATTz-DominatioN

thanks man, I really enjoyed getting to challenge myself making those basses.