Community NSP and TRG files

225 replies [Last post]
weakmassive

I noticed gurugurudone (on Soundcloud) uploaded a .prj with 33 Eden presets to his(?) page, along with sample audio. Make sure you wait for the "catsong" preset at the end, haha. Really shows off what Eden can do.

http://soundcloud.com/thintara/my-preset

cgayner

Will the usable patches from this 5 page discussion be moved somewhere for easier grabbing or will this list grow forever? :)

Slam-Cut

This thread is just a wee lad scarcely over a year old, so it's optimistic to think he'll go on forever. :o)

I think that the thread might need to change when the all new NanoStudio 2 comes out. I am optimistic that it will include a librarian feature that will help keep track of all the presets. Hopefully there will be a method to make sharing banks of presets much easier.

achris

I have just made my first nsp file, these are kick drum samples from Massive. Thanks to Josh http://www.deltadeep.com for creating them.

They sound pretty good, but any tips are welcome. Hope they come in useful.

http://www.achris.co.uk/2012/12/22/just-had-a-go-at-sampling-some-kick-d...

mylesgeorge

Hi, I accidently deleted a song from nanostudio on my iphone before exporting it is there any way of recovering? or am i sol. Cheers

Stiksi

If you have made a backup by syncing to iTunes lately, it might be possible to recover by hacking the backup but someone else will have to explain how… Those backup images are a scary place.

pquenin

I want to save the Eden bank C that is on my iPad, so I have downloaded ExportGlobalBanks.zip I have found here, but it doesn't work for bank C because there is no pattern in the bank C project.

Is there another way to go the bank C file and transfer it to the PC ?
I have tried iPhone Explorer for PC (macroplant) but the last version doesn't work (crash). I have found an earlier version but I can't see the applications files.

Any idea ?

Stiksi

Make a new project. Copy every single preset from Bank C to the project bank one by one. Export as NSP, move the NSP to the desktop computer either with Nanosync or another file management app. There you go, done.

buddemeyer72

Here's some drum kits I've designed for NS. just drop the folders into the TRG bank folder via Nanosync and you're good to go...I have another that ill be uploading soon and the sound is simply amazing. There should be about 10 kits in all here:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D2BDE284C2B2002!4815&authkey=!ANfz92ZPGcZeKTU
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D2BDE284C2B2002!4411&authkey=!ABW04mr2z1hoF_Y
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D2BDE284C2B2002!4814&authkey=!ABswRgvk65YUoKs

buddemeyer72

Hey guys, as I mentioned before....I was going to port a smaller version of my pop/rock BM2 drums to Nanostudio...these are perfectly panned and balanced...no need to fuss with anything really. A simple set of 16 pads and gorgeous acoustic drums. Enjoy!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4t5xzveofu1bkmy/__sBlvFjkj

You can hear them here:
https://soundcloud.com/buddemeyer72/moving-on-farewell-mixed

Lee B

Hi all,

This is a TRG drum kit with all the drum and percussion sounds made in Eden synth to show what it is capable of.
Hope you enjoy it, more to follow.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lbnmylu850g1szh/LYZZqQHU18/Lee%20B%20-%20Eden...

Cheers

Lee

Blip Interactive

Excellent, I've always been meaning to try that but never get the time to do anything as crazy as making sounds and music these days. Nice idea of using a short delay/chorus on the claps. If you want a bit more transient at the start of the bass drums then trimming off a bit of the first half cycle in the sample editor (so it doesn't start at zero) works wonders.

Had any successful attempts at snares yet?

Lee B

Thanks Matt, I'm really impressed with Eden as a drum synth.
The kiks are just a sample of my eden kik which, as a preset is editable via the x/y pads, amp decay/pitch decay/filter/resonance so a range of sounds can be achieved. I suppose I should put the sounds up as Eden patches too for people to use as a basis. I'm going to do some kits with snares, more electronic percussion and anything else I can coax out of the old girl!

Cheers

Lee

tom_tm

1 vote for more synthesis options in TRG-16 in NS2!

Slam-Cut

The Eden drum presets sound super intriguing!
Wondering why I've never tried that...
The .TRG has some cool sounds! Thanks for those.

syrupcore

Great work and thank you @lee. Would love an NSP with the trg and the Eden presets!

Lee B

Will do, just knocking up another TRG now and will post NSP up later with all sounds.

Cheers

Lee

Lee B

O.k, I've posted a link to the NSP which contains 2 TRG's plus the Eden patches in the project bank. A few of the sounds in the second TRG are just variations of my Eden drum presets.
I've chucked a basic drum beat on the sequencer just to demo the sounds, nothing special!
The X/Y pads are only set up on eden kik 1.

Enjoy!!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42416701/Lee%20B%20-%20Eden%20Drum%2...

Lee

syrupcore

Aces! Thank you!

weakmassive

Whoa, this is awesome. Thanks Lee!

djpuzzle

Here are some Electro House samples all mapped out in TRG and ready to go (tried posting direct links but it set off a spam filter and wouldn't allow them)

Two download links here https://www.facebook.com/ipadloops/notes

Have fun =]

breo

NEW SOUND PACK

Hi guys

as promised here is a sound set I have put together.
I have used some of my midi gear and also created some sounds on Eden

Any feedback on these would be cool. Also if anyone uses them could you message me so I can listen..

Thank you

Breo

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n9bbuh2dhnkpnjb/O63z14TPOl

Jim Hanks

Cool Breo! Some nice sounds in there! Reminds me somewhat of Setfan's pack with use of the LFOs and filters to create some dynamic sounds as well as creative shaping of sounds. Thanks for sharing!

Slam-Cut

@Breo
Thanks for the .nsp! Cool sounds, like Jim said. Thanks for sharing those. It will be fun to use them in a production

sirmcp

Slam-Cut,

Sorry for the very late reply. The single cycle waveforms were generated by RoundWave. A really cool vst (32 bit) for windows. If you like those Adventure Kids pack will keep you entertained for years and years. I agree loop point would be brilliant, er...will be brilliant in NS 2.

Darko

Hi folks,

I have created few sounds I'd like to share. Mostly intended for beginners who like solid sounds, and mind you being a beginner myself when it comes to sound creation, but I had to try it anyway.

This is a small package which includes 16 (updated: 30) sounds with couple of minor variations to help quick picking. Genre of presets is mostly focused on film/ambient + ambient rhythmic patches, with few lead-like variants, again placed into ambient/mellow perspective.

Project file .prj (which is a simple demonstration song actually) + NSP are available at my homepage in download section:

>>download Pulsarium Eden Sounds (in download page)

Patch List:
00. Error Transmission
01. Trancendence
02. Pulsarium
03. T-Dream
04. Saturn Wind
05. Groundhog Pad
06. Inception
07. Inception 2
08. Quazy Sine
09. Soul Harmony
10. UltraSonic Lead 1
11. UltraSonic Lead 2
12. Distorted Bass
13. S&H Meme
14. S&H Meme 2
15-18. End Game 1/2/3 (small variations)
---
Pulsarium-U (updated original Pulsarium):
18. Pulsating Vibe 1
19. Pulsating Vibe 2
20. 5th Wave
21. Vibe of Life
22. Vibe of Life EQ
23. Vibe of Life LFO
24. Air Train
25. Digital Storm
26. Pitch Glitch
27-30. RHY Organic HIGH / EQ+LFO / pseudo stereo variations

Hope you like it and find it interesting.
Regards
Darko

Galaxyexplorer (not verified)

@Darko: Sounds nice. It's really a shame that there is not such a big comunity about sharing patches in general in iOS. A reason i stop creating patches for iOS too. (The only i shared was my experimental Mitosynth bank with 100 patches and some audio samples). I still wonder why there are not gazillions of patches (i know there are some...) for some of the great iOS synths. I bought a new desktop synth (my new favourite tool ;) which is available since a few month and there are still hundread of patches all over the net. I hope that iOS will share similar options in the future. It's really great to hear and play with patches which people all over the world have made.
So i really appreciate this kind of work. Thank you!

Darko

Hey Galaxyexplorer,
I really miss you on SoundCloud - what is going on?

Thanks for your feedback, I have updated the zip files with some additional very interesting Eden patches (now total of 30 pure synth sounds, no samples!) Some new sound variations are now added with informative filenames like EQ, LFO+EQ etc. to help beginners. I agree with you, Eden is just great and yet not too complex synth, just perfectly balanced. I would like to see just a few other things borrowed from big-brothers like anti-aliasing/over-sampling settings and at least 2 more oscillators, then it would be without a competition. But, given all the facts, it is still amazing what can be done.

I will be honest with you, I am not a professional or a daily sound designer, but I do have a great experience about how synthesis works. I guess many iOS people are simply not into that matter and simply using presets and all. Again, not sure really.

Hear you!

Galaxyexplorer (not verified)

@Darko: I'm working under "Cinebient" in soundcloud and in the future (i hope so). I closed the whole Galaxyexplorer project a while ago. This forum is the last sign of it ;)
I agree Eden is still great but lacks 1-2 additional OSC, more balanced sound across the range of notes and more modulation options. But even with great sounding synths like Nave, Sunrizer... etc. i'm still amazed when i load some samples into Eden patches and change them in something else. I also would like to see more synthesis options beside substractive synthesis in NS2. I don't expect to get 16 simultan working synths like Sunrizer or Nave in NS2 because it could boost the CPU usage massive. I hope it will be a balanced tool between sound quality and not a CPU/RAM hog at the same time. I always wanted an Eden only synth. I wish Matt would make an AU/VST someday too ;)

Slam-Cut

@Darko: thanks for the soundbank. I'll have to check it out when I get a chance.

It is a shame there isn't more active preset/patch creation/sharing/discussion for iOS apps. It is different for PC/Mac as there are so many more musicians and sound designers using those platforms for several decades now. It is understandable that there would be more presets available for those. I think that most iOS users are more musicians first, trying to find a way to use iOS apps to create music (which has its own set of challenges), and not so much sound designers. For me, the iOS mobile music experience also means that I am creating music in short bursts, usually just 30 min at a time. I find that I really want to be productive during that short burst and that sound design is a distraction from getting other things sorted out like harmony, melody, rhythm, etc. I know that creating new presets might really spark some good inspiration for new music, but I haven't yet found the right combination of discipline and workflow that works for me. I find it hard while working on a track to stop and create some patches, and I don't create patches prior to starting a new track. Until I get into a new track, I don't know what sounds will work well. It's a bit of a catch 22 for me.

I did find that the conversation on a recent thread here about the super saw got me interested and I tried it out, creating a handful of saw presets. None of my creations particularly wowed me, so I didn't use them to create a track. I guess my sound designer skills aren't impressive enough to my musical tastes. Ha! That's a sure sign I should practice sound design more.