Export help

5 replies [Last post]
Mister Ecks

I searched for this topic through the forums, but couldn't find what I was looking for. I'm trying to collab with someone, so I exported my track, transferred it to my computer via NanoSync, and tried to email it. BUT...it says the file is too large. So I compressed it and it's still too large. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Blip Interactive

Most mail systems have a limit on what can be sent or received. .nsp files are actually zip archives so in terms of file format they're already close to being as optimal as possible - you may have noticed that when you zipped it it hardly changed in size.

I suspect that your project contains lots of samples, since the song, bank and preset data typically only occupy a few hundred KB. You might be able to weed out unused samples like this:

- Do a 'save as' to take a full copy of your project
- Open the new project's folder in the sample file browser dialogue (eg. tap EDIT on the TRG, choose a pad and tap LOAD)
- Delete all the samples in your 'saved as' project folder which don't have a green tick (ie. the unused ones)
- Now export this project as an .nsp file

This might be a good thing to do if you have lots of unused samples and wish to collaborate over email. Ultimately though you may find that a dropbox is a better solution. There are plenty of free services around which should give you enough space for this purpose.

Mister Ecks

Great, I'll try that when I get home. I appreciate the help!

grindoxsaurus

yeah, resampling wouldn't help would it. because it's the actual samples with in the Project or the folder that are taking up the space?
that would make sense.

MCOBigBen

I was pretty excited when I saw the dropbox allotment as part of the SoundCloud integration, thinking it would be *perfect* for collaborating....only to find SoundCloud locked it down to music files only.

syrupcore

I'd skip the email and get a free dropbox account. https://www.dropbox.com/