Need Help with importing sounds to nanostduio

20 replies [Last post]
Bananasplit888

Hello,
I wanted to add new sounds to nanostudio. And I found the Samples on your website. But I couldn't find a download link, after a few minutes I found this: http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/1461

But when I download a file, where do I have to save it to import it in my Nanostudio. Can someone say me what I have to do when I need more Samples/sounds on my Nanostudio?

I'm sorry for mistakes, I am not such a pro in english ;)

starcorp

reading the manual first.
did you install nanosync?

regards, jan

Bananasplit888

Yes I have Nanosync, but in which point of the manual is it?

shimoda

The option is to use iPhone explorer:

http://www.macroplant.com/iphoneexplorer/

syrupcore

Save the wav files somewhere on your computer that you remember. Doesn't matter where. Open that folder up and open nanosync. Once you connect to your phone/pad in nanosync open the Samples folder. Drag your wav files from your computer into nanosync. You might want make subfolders within the samples folder to better organize your stuff.

Blip Interactive

Here's a step by step guide for getting the Loopmasters samples onto your phone:

1 - Download a zip file (eg. LM_TribalHouse.trg)
2 - Unzip it to somewhere on your computer (eg. Desktop)
3 - Find the folder inside which ends in .trg (eg. LM_TribalHouse128.trg)

then using NanoSync:
4 - Connect and browse to the /TRG Banks folder
5 - Drag the whole folder on your computer (which ends with .trg) into NanoSync

finally on the phone:
6 - Go to the TRG instrument and tap BANK IMPORT
7 - Choose your bank (shown with a blue grid icon)
8 - Tap import

If you're still having problems, tell me which number you got to and I can give you more detailed help.

Diabolic

Helpful post, thnxs

Bananasplit888

@Blip Interactive
Thank you, but can you send me some download links? :)

Blip Interactive
Bananasplit888

Hi, when I download samples for Eden (like DUbstep on your website) where do I have to put in this folder? Always when I put new samples on my phone they are in TRG. But I want them in Eden?!

Liberalquilt

In Eden scroll down to the waveform screen. then click the mod button until the red light cycles down to Sample. Then click the Load button that appears and navigate to wherever you have put your samples.

Bananasplit888

Ok but it only saves 1 sample. When I want to load another one the first one is away.

J-Rock-in-the-D

How do I connect my iPod touch to my computer to transfer the sounds? My computer doesn't have wifi. Can I do it with a cable? I'm not sure how Nanosync works.

syrupcore

@J-Rock

This is from the developer in another thread:
"The final solution would be to bypass NanoSync altogether and try using a program like iPhone Explorer http://www.macroplant.com/iphoneexplorer/ NanoStudio's files are under Apps/NanoStudio/Documents/User, and you'll need to ensure that wav files have been converted to 16 bit before you copy them over since NanoSync normally performs this function for you."

There's also an app called iFunBox that (I think) is a little better these days. Main thing is to make sure they are 16bit before copying them over.

J-Rock-in-the-D

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply, @syrupcore. I'll give it a shot!

J-Rock-in-the-D

I thought it was working. I downloaded the free Platinum Audio samples and unzipped the folder. But when I tried copying to NanoSync, I got this message: Server Socket failed to send error 10053. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.
Is this a firewall issue?

l.b

It certainly does sound like one. Try adding the port number to the "exceptions" list so that your firewall does not block it. Or better - just disable it completely first and see if that helps.

syrupcore

You don't need nanosync with ifunbox. You connect your phone to your computer, load ifunbox, navigate to the Nanostudio/samples directory and drag your wav files into ifunbox.

J-Rock-in-the-D

It appears that some of the drum samples transferred (one kick, one snare, and one other drum). But no entire kit transferred. I tried again tonight with the non-drum instruments. It started to upload, but then gave me the same error message:

Server Socket failed to send error 10053. An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine.

Is the host machine my iPod Touch? Or is it my laptop? The iPod touch still has a "receiving file" message in the NanoSync section. Any suggestions?

Blip Interactive

Yes it's a horrible error message - it just shows what Windows reported. It refers to your laptop.

As with all network errors it's tricky to diagnose. Could be WiFi dropout, firewall or some other strangeness that occurs for 1 in 500 people. I'd definitely try rebooting your router when it's convenient as the first thing.

dlm84

Can anybody help with this problem? I'm new to nanostudio, recently purchased app for my i5. Then I attempted to upload more samples from loopmaster but appear to have failed. Also all the presets don't seem to work now. No sounds, no studio! Would appreciate any suggestions as to what I done wrong and how I can rectify and retrieve the presets and additional samples.