Nanostudio Resources/FAQs

77 replies [Last post]
Cpu Red

If leaving your ipad is not an option then I would suggest buying Audioshare, mixing down in nanostudio, copy pasting to Audioshare and convertin to m4a/AAC and then your file size should be small enough to send through email. Doing it this way you will lose some quality in the track though.

Galaxyexplorer (not verified)

I always use the "open in" for iMovie.

Cpu Red

So he could just audio copy over to Audioshare and then use the open in function right? I don't see open in on nanostudio so I'm guessing this would be the best way. Either way, Audioshare is a super useful program to have and at 4 bucks it's pretty cheap.

Galaxyexplorer (not verified)

Yes, i recommend also AudioShare for this. Some apps have included the AudioShare sdk. Then you can open it direct in AudioShare. Indeed, AudioCopy 2 is the worst thing ever on iOS. AudioShare also can use Airdrop for easy and fast sending uncompressed wav from my iPhone 5 to iPad Air etc. Also it lets you connect a whole Audiobus session and IAA Effects. There are more things.... It's a must have app when you are into iOS music production.

VICTOR FRANKENS...

Thanks ,yeah my file size was too big,I'm trying different recording lengths to see the limit,so far at 41 it works,once emailed to me,you can tap on it and hold and then you can import it to iMovie ,as well as AURIA app-which was my intention anyways for some tracks,I guess for longer tracks I will have to email them piece by piece to AURIA app then with AURIA I can email the entire mix ,then tap and hold to iMovie ,thank god for AURIA As it is actually better to piece it this way and thus my mix can even sound better,wish you guys could synch with this app,as I love nano studio and I'm always striving to make my ipad a stand alone studio,so far so good,YouTube br8zinn2012 and have a listen,I actually sampled my guitar licks on Nano studio to do this,just wish you guys made NANO STUDIO integrate more,like let's say inter app would be awesome....anyways thanks,the shorter files was the solution....cheers !!!

Cpu Red

The file size limit is going to be from your email provider. It seems like you're taking a lot of unnecessary steps in order to move that file. The open in method using audio share seems like the easier solution to me but whatever works for you. Good luck.

VICTOR FRANKENS...

Actually using audio copy I can paste it to garageband then I can open in iMovie ,in garage band I can even add vocals and more sounds using inter app,but I actually like sending the individual tracks to AURIA,it really gives you mire flex to Taylor the sound and add more effects and doing the vocals on AUTIA is awesome.,you really get a fantastic mix this way so glad I had this problem which now not only turned into a solution but really enhances the tracks,and again using inter app pr audio bus I can add even that much more tracks if I want without compromising quality...cheers !!.....oh..one other irrelevant stupid question,how do I change my name,fir some reason I guess when I first got NANA studio,I put fonzallez instead of Gonzalez ,lol,
And just wanted to say NANO STUDIO will always be my first love and my starting point and meat so to speak of my tracks,there simply is nothing like it,I've read about maybe a NANO STUDIO 2
,which will top AURIA that would be fantastic as you already have the base platform so to speak to do this ,I've turned on a lot if rappers to NANO,and they love it,so many people still don't know about it,many thanks!!!!cheers...

Cpu Red

Yea Auria is great, I track into it all of the time. The fabfilter plugs are amazing. You can still skip the email part and just audio copy aurias final mixdown into gband and use open in there. Glad to hear your problem is solved. I don't really understand your second question though. What name are you trying to change?

VICTOR FRANKENS...

Yeah,thanks,I actually can audio copy right into AURIA ,which is what I do I mute and select each track and paste to AURIA,having each individual track there as the song template is already done and formatted from NANO STUDIO(bpm,ect) so it rocks with all the filters and plug ins,
Um,my second question was related to my title name in NANO studio,lol,thanks again!!!!

VICTOR FRANKENS...

Actually ,yes AURIA rocks especially when used in conjunction with Nano studio,but you can get some decent tracks using garageband with NANO studio as well,the trick here is to sample licks into Nano studio trigger pads for best arrangements but if you want to play straight through,then
Use Nano studio fir your basic outline structure of your song,then take that and copy paste in management in Nano studio.now you can open up garageband and on an audio track touch and hold and the paste button will appear and what you you audio copied from Nano studio will appear as a track.make sure in garageband that the tab on track length is set so that your nit limited to length .now you can do your vocals and or add your guitar licks and even using inter app add some cool effects and or more synth like from alchemy.
For me...I take it a step further since the new garageband has more tracks.
Once I have my song on Nano studio.i will mute every track except one.then I will do as stated Above and mix down then then audio copy paste to garageband as spoken that individual track as
Remember I muted the others,let's say the drums for example .then I willl open up in garageband.thus I have my first track of drums which can be just the base drum or all depending on what you muted and how you want to break it down.then I'll go back to Nano studio and do the same for the base and so fourth.
Now in garageband you will have each track that you first implemented in Nano studio .
It's a bit tedious and time consuming but believe me this really works.
Now you can use the other tracks in garageband to add your vocals and by using inter app you can get apps like echo and really get some great vocals and even do this for guitar live tracks using an irig or apogee,ect,interface.check out my songs on YouTube under br8zinn2912 this is how I did this,only I used AURIA to copy paste each individual track....hope this works for you.

VICTOR FRANKENS...

And is this this true about NAno studio 2,any ETA on this....cheers !!

Slam-Cut

No ETA at the moment. Just sometime in 2014.

Edit: RUMORS place the ETA sometime around spring of 2015.

dendy

i think matt somewhere told clearly that for sure it will be not 2014... so better expect worst (autumn 2015) and hope in best (spring 2015) :-)

cryo

Hi,

Just wanted to verify if there are maybe principle errors while using the latest IOS iPad version, while using nano sync?
I am using this nice tool now for years, and suddenly it does not find my device any longer while having the latest IOS version now downloaded....
Same network, all enables fine... but no link any longer to the two devices - iPad and notebook...
also downloaded again the nano sync just to make sure... and still nothing..
Any suggestions or maybe no other tools available on getting my mixes from the device to my laptop?

Thanks,

Cryo

Slam-Cut

@Cryo: when I have such problems with Nanosync it is usually something to do with the network. I strongly suggest you get a free app/program called iFunBox. Put that on your laptop, connect your iPad, and iFunBox will see the iPad as an external hard drive. Go to NS, drag your mixdowns to the laptop, voila!

Blip Interactive

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend rebooting your router. I have found in the past that this has magically made it work again, particularly in those situations when it was working OK before and you know you haven't changed anything.

If that fails then something like iFunbox is a good alternative, as suggested. Any solution which removes networks/wifi and replaces it with a good old fashioned wire is win/win in my opinion, although you could argue that USB is hardly a simple wire anymore!

Supalicious

Thought maybe this one would be useful for people in community, I have been using with my nano for years; app called downloads hd (hian zin jong); it allows you to download, unzip, pre listen and then "open in...".
Basically; with this app you dont need your mac (a computer) or that ridiculous audio copy app from retronyms to be able to download stuff and get into nano..