Nanostudio Resources/FAQs

77 replies [Last post]
syrupcore

Trying to edit this but Mollom hates me. Way to many hrefs! Anyway to be white listed?

"Your submission has triggered the spam filter and will not be accepted."

Blip Interactive

Sadly there seems to be a way to blacklist but not whitelist. Rubbish.

rankstranger

I am having trouble exporting to windows. I created an NSP file, opened Nanosync, opened Nanostudio on my PC, hit "Explorer" button, moved the file to that folder, it showed up as a file on the PC version, but when I try to open it the reply is "BANK FILE MISSING".
What's up?
I'm trying to free up some memory on the ipad without losing my songs.
Thanks.

Stiksi

Rankstranger, you should start a new thread for your problem on the Nanostudio Support forum, the FAQ is not the place for these questions.

But check that both your desktop NS and the iOS version numbers are identical. If either one is not fully updated, it will cause problems.

rankstranger

Thanks Stisi,
I was confused about how to navigate in this forum. I didn't think that this was the right place to post this question, and now I know my way around here a bit better.

But... you were right! I needed to update my desktop NS. Now it works. Thanks so much!

mr_q__

I know this question has probably been asked a thousand times but i am having the hardest time transferring projects from my iPhone 5 to my macbook pro. I have installed Nanosync but all that has accomplished is turning my projects from my i5 to files i can play on my itunes or into "wav" files that i can do nothing with. All i want to do is be able to transfer the projects from Nanostudio on my phone to where i can edit or work on them from the Nanostudio on my macbook. I love nanostudio but PLEASE HELP THIS IS FRUSTRATING! If someone can either attach a youtube tutorial on how this can be done or give instructions it would be greatly appreciated...

Blip Interactive
Darko

Not really NanoStudio centric, but rather nice tutorial of my own how to use KORG nanoPAD 2 with NanoStudio:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyF5g-fU4lA

Also tutorial of interest - how to mod KORG nanoPAD 2 pads to be sligthly more responsive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT56ZrIuueU

syrupcore

Good stuff Darko, thanks for posting it. I can't add it to/edit the original post anymore because the spam checking software assumes I'm posting 100 u g g b o o t s linx. :)

jayteee

Can someone explain the difference between nanostudio 1.4 and the other versions.

tom_tm

1.4 has Audiobus and some extra soundbanks.

Thewordpresser

Hi i use iPad 3 with AEG Blue tooth headfone
It works great with many audio apps. But ...

NanoStudio only plays the music to the cable headphone allthouth
Blue tooth is on and plays a momment before music
No problems with the itunes player or garageband or so on.

What must i do to hear nanostudio over blue tooth?
Thanks a lot for a little help from you.

Thewordpresser

Darko

I have uploaded KORG nanoPAD 2 scene* presets for NanoStudio TRG and also C-moll scales in different octaves. Also uploaded KORG nanoPAD 2 set* presets which combines TRG on Scene 1 and C-moll scales on Scenes 2-3-4, along with just C-moll scales on all 4 scenes, and a Factory preset for backup.

Keyboard mapping (for Eden or any VST instrument in other DAWs) is as following: bottom pads are lower octave scale, upper pads are 1 higher octave scale. Quick shuffling through Scenes 1...4 you go 1 upper octave, effectivle covering a range from C1 to C6 (5 octaves). I found that my key mapping for keyboard is much more useful then factory preset which is impossible to play on. You are limited to one scale, but nanoPAD is only for ideas and chords anyway.

* Scenes are individual presets you can load to your nanoPAD2 via KORG control editor software to any Scene bank you wish

instructions: Connect nanoPAD2, run KORG Kontrol Editor software, select Scene you wish to write to, open File > Load Scene Data File... (load it from your location of scenes where you extracted .zip archive), then go to Communication > Write Scene Data.

* Sets are combinations of 4 scenes, very usefull for quick loading all 4 scene presets at once

instructions: Connect nanoPAD2, run KORG control software, open File > Open (load a .nanpad2_set file from your location of sets where you extracted .zip archive), then go to Communication > Write Scene Set.

download on my website:
http://darko.iz.rs/download.php

syrupcore

That's awesome but no one will find this post in a week. I'd make a new thread about it and ask Matt to add it to the FAQ. I still can't edit it due to the number of links triggering a spam warning.

oliviervan

Hi,
just got Nanostudio hoping to get a more advanced experience than Garageband. I play rock music and like to record song ideas and start working them out left and right. Turns out NS is not great at all at recording audio tracks. I've heard of the 'sample' work around, but even if I did the perfect take and don't need any cutting or silencing in the audio track, the maximum length of time I can record is 190 s (3m10s) for some reason, which is not long enough for many songs. Any ideas to get around that, without having to record songs in fragments of 3 minutes? Frustrating to see all the potential of NS, but pretty useless for non-sample/MIDI type folk, I'll have to stay with Garageband I suppose. I hope my 15$ goes towards developing an update or NS2 that does allow normal audio recording..

instinctive

If you intend to do pure audio stuff and do not depend on MIDI or virtual instruments, then yes, NanoStudio is the completely wrong choice.

I hope it's OK to give a different recommendation on this forum for the time being -- Auria is definitely the tool for you. A bit more "expensive", but still ridiculously cheap and has audio tracks, broadcast-quality effects and if you should still need external sounds, you can record into Auria's audio tracks thru Audiobus.

NanoStudio 2 will probably beat Auria ;-), but until then, I recommend the latter for your specific use case. It also allows recording thru multitrack interfaces etc.

DaveSearbyMason

Hello : I am using Samplr, which does not have a record function. So I got Audiobus and can now link Samplr to NanoStudio. However, I cannot record the Samplr output into NanoStudio because the "record" button for NanoStudio part of the transfer is greyed out. I must be missing a step here but cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Can you help? Thanks. Dave

l.b

@Dave in NS you can record only samples for TRG-16 or EDEN, as there is no support for audio tracks. They can be long samples though, so you could easily record loops or a solo from Audiobus. To see the record button in Audiobus, you need to access the recording screen in NS by tapping on the record button from TRG-16 or EDEN.

DaveSearbyMason

Hi - thanks for your help! I am probably being dense but when I tap the record button in Ns, nothing happens. In Audiobus I have Samplr set up on the left and Ns set up on the right. I get Samplr playing a project and then go to Ns, where I have Eden selected in 2. I tap the record button top right and although the white marker (in Song) moves form left to right no actual sound is recorded.???

Stiksi

The record button you are using is for recording your performance on the Eden keyboard or the TRG pads or any other controls that are able to record data. You should read the manual, it helps a lot. Especially the TRG edit screen. This is where you will find the record option. You edit a pad, record a sample into it and then trigger the pad in your project to play the sound.

syrupcore

You need to hit the 'record sample' button in Eden or the TRG, not the song record button. You can read all about sampling in the manual (linked from the top of this thread). If you have other questions please start a new thread. You'll get much better help.

Edit: Stiski, ftw, by a minute.

r0cc0

If Nanostudio is unistalled and "its data," will my saved project folder (.prj files) be erased.

I keep receiving a "you must purchase the software" message when trying to upgrade.

I've been legitimately using this software for years now, all the time; why would it prompt that?

I upgraded my Ipad last year, Nano installed ok, but I never tried to upgrade.

The reason for my first question is to uninstall Nano studio and repurchase it, i really enjoy

constructing with it and feel I have no other options.

syrupcore

@r0cc0 I'd start another thread to ask your question.

r0cc0

Done, thanks

brittap

What about help with the Akai Synthstation 49? Nanostudio still works on my Synthstation 29, but not my synth station 49. I'm on i0s7.
I have midi bridge and most other apps work fine. I get sound from Nanostudio if I play keys on iPad screen but nothing from the synthstation 49 keyboard. Anyone here have it working with i0s7??

syrupcore

@brittap I'd start another thread to ask your question. Try the forum search first.

VICTOR FRANKENS...

I can't seem to send my mix down to my email(so I can send to iMovie )it keeps saying "email not sent" after I send,I've done it before,but why is it big working now on my ipad ?

Cpu Red

Most likely because the mixdown you've done this time is too large for your email.

VICTOR FRANKENS...

I've done it before and no problem,All I want to do is send my song to email to open for iMovie,please help??

Cpu Red

I am assuming that when you did it before the mix down file size was small enough to let you email it and now it's over the limit. I downloaded iMovie to try and help with your problem assuming that iMovie utilized Dropbox but I can't see an option for importing with Dropbox, nor do I see an option for importing with email. This doesn't mean it isn't there but i am not familiar with the program and i couldn't find it I was going to suggest pasting mix down to Audioshare and exporting to Dropbox but I don't think that will work.

In regards to your problem, the only solution that I can think of involves using nano sync on a home computer to transfer the mix down off of your idevice. Then you can move that file into iTunes, put the song on your ipad as you would any other song and now you can use it in iMovie. I hope you have a home computer to do this with. Nanosync is free and you can download it from this site.

If anyone knows of a solution that does not involve leaving the idevice, feel free to chime in..

Hope this helps you.