New feature suggestion

10 replies [Last post]
malkta

Hello,

Despite I love Nanostudio, I would like to reproduce the tb 303 sound...
And for that a way to automate a note slide to another is necessary ...

There is the legato knob ... But it is not possible to automate it ...

If such a feature is developed, it would be so great !!!

best regards
serge

Blip Interactive

Assuming your synth patch has glide (legato/portamento) enabled, you can get a similar effect by recording your pattern and then going to the pattern editor, turning the grid off and tweaking the ends of note events so they overlap (= glide) or have a small gap (= no glide).

I know it's not as immediate as the way the 303 does it, but it works!

malkta

Hello to Blip Interactive team,

Thank you very much for the fast reactivity...

King regards,
Serge

phooka

I would like to add a suggestion, and that is to be able to use the computer keyboard to play the keyboard in ns, because with the beauty that is 1.3, i will be using ns on my pc ALOT more, that is, until iPad 3 comes out :D

Blip Interactive

Indeed. I'm going to look into this shortly because now that the window's resizeable in V1.30 I'd quite like to get the OS X version on the Mac app store, and I think users will be complaining without it!

syrupcore

woa.

Blip Interactive

^^ Are you currently on a horse you're trying to slow down? :)

syrupcore
cgayner

Hi,

I have a request (apologies if it is already on another forum ) around workflow and environment enhancements.

I'd love it if nanostudio could pull in other Apps (e.g. DM1, Sunrizer etc) - to sit within the nanostuido environment alongside the TRG and Eden instruments (kind of like how a VST works inside cubase/logic). So, when I hold down the instrument list, I would now be able to select a DM1 from the list which would bring up the DM1 app either:
a) Inside the nanostudio environment; or
b) As a standalone app BUT with a nanostudio transport pop up dialog box or button over the top ofthe DM1 app (to enable me to play, stop, record, rewind etc my song in nanostudio).

Another alternative would be to synchronise both my iPad and iPhone wirelessly so that:
c) I go into nanostudio on my iPad and lay down a pattern, I then open up DM1 as a standalone app again on my iPad. I turn on my iPhone and open up nanostudios new 'wireless control' console - which utlimately synchronises my iPhone and iPad and turns my iPhone into a nanostudio remote. Now I have nanostudio sitting in the background, DM1 in the foreground of my iPad synchronised wirelessly with a full transport control panel on my iPhone. I could then play along to the pattern I created in nanostudio on my DM1 in real time, record any patterns in real time (inside DM1) and then at the end of my session - audiocopy all the recordings from DM1 into nanostudio for further editing or tweaking/

If these requests are ludicrus, could someone please help me out with how I could achieve the simultaneous playing of nanostudio with other apps I own?

Thanks
Chris

Jim Hanks

Audiobus promises to bring some of what you're asking for. Until then I think you're stuck with AudioCopy/Audiopaste

noelleis

As interesting as the theory is, cgayner, this is sadly impossible without jailbreaking. There is also no software that exists that will give you what you want.

Each application is read/write to the application's files and read-only to the rest of the device's files. It's also impossible to run more than one application at once (excluding backgrounded applications, but those don't really actually run while they are in the background). It's also illegal for one application to take the code of another and execute it.

While this an amazing idea, it's not practical. The OS is set up to prevent things like this from happening.

The best thing that you could hope for is a "launcher" panel that has a standard list of applications that you can modify. By tapping the app icons in the list, the initial application will open the second application, which has a similar menu. Only some of the applications on the market have this feature, and there is no standardization.