NanoStudio V1.2 beta1 PDF manual now available

14 replies [Last post]
Blip Interactive

The manual is now available to go with the V1.2 Beta1 downloads:

Manual
NanoStudio V1.2 beta1 - OS X
NanoStudio V1.2 beta1 - Windows

Could easily be some typos, feeling a bit sloppy as it's a Saturday.

LoveAurell

I've read through the manual now. Nice work on describing the basics in how a compressor works. Very informative and pedagogic!

I did not find any typos, though I noticed some things that appeared strange to me:

On page 4, it says that each mixer input/output can have 4 inserts. I can only find 3 insert slots though. Or do you count Edens integrated effect units? This is also mentioned on page 43
Page 19 - It says that "NanoStudio has 4 Eden units", but 15 is available i v1.2 (through in-app purchase).
Page 23 - The "Reverb" and "Delay" knobs are now named "Send 1" and "Send 2".
Page 32 - The "Track drag handle" points on the scroll bar instead.
page 46 - In the text it says "decay", but on the compressor unit it is named "release".

Blip Interactive

Ha excellent, well done - you found two I missed on my way through it again today :) Cheers!

... BTW I upped the number of input inserts to 4 in the end, there was room for them on the UI. I was originally having 3 input inserts so they matched the output inserts, on the basis that if I ever add automation to them it might be more consistent. In a few cases I've found myself wanting one more though, so it seemed rude not to.

LoveAurell

Ok, one more is fine to me :)

Blip Interactive

I've put the revised manual up now (same link as before), it's not perfect but I reckon it'll do. Thanks loads for having a look through it and taking the time to comment - very much appreciated!

uhh

Page 45, red box, says make sure at least one effect has its dry/wet set to fully wet for Send 1/2. Reverb is the only effect with a dry/wet knob - perhaps you should elaborate a little?

Great section on describing the new effects, btw.

LFO triplets is something I know little about, but some forum post mentioned it as an added feature. I don't think it is covered in the manual, though(?)

Blip Interactive

I think I've made the last manual change - I also have to do an HTML version to embed in the iPhone version and that's pretty well in the can. Hopefully it's down to final tweak level rather than blatent f*ckup.

The delay has a wet/dry level now too. I originally had two different versions of some effects - inserts, which had some sort of mix control, and sends which were always fully wet. This was getting messy so I dropped it and just added a full wet/dry control on the effects that needed it. I've tried to scale the knobs so that you've still got reasonable control over the common situations where you probably only want about 5-15% wet.

Stiksi

I'm glad you decided to put wet/dry controls on sends too. In an effects chain, it's the only way to manage effect strengths relative to each other.

deathbymaumau

One more : 5th planet description mentions a Brightness knob instead of Contour...but hey. Top class update!

LoveAurell

Cheers Matt, can imagine all the time you've put into this. I'm happy to help! Looking forward to when the update hits the appstore!

Honeycroft

Matt, I can't access the manual on my iPad. Is that an apple issue? Can it only be viewed on pc?

Congrats on the app update. Superb work. You can take a holiday now lol

LoveAurell

Here it is: http://blipinteractive2.co.uk/downloads/NanoStudioManual%201.2.pdf

The other link was for an old beta version.

looper

Just got the update and bought the in-app purchase...
Can someone tell me if the previous version had this feature.... cos I never noticed it...lol
If you press on the name of the preset in Eden and then drag up or down
You scrolls through the presets really fast..... that save so much time, is it in the manual...?

Thanks blip.

You’ve addressed a lot of things that I thought would improve nanostudio.
Sequencer side and the sonic side as well/ EQ being one of them.

Blip Interactive
looper

lol
as soon as i saw the presets scroll i thought, damn.....
I bet thats been there from the beginning.. haha