export .prj into Windows 7

15 replies [Last post]
awallafashagba

Im really breaking my balls here - I cant seem to export from iphone4 to PC ..... It's something simple im missing i know it !

Please help

awallafashagba

Ive tried export but nothing turns up in nanosync ... or any other folder and if i try and copy paste i cant see program data on my C: drive and thus that doesn't work - (I've found the data file for nano on my pc) What am i doing wrong ....

choon i want to clean up on pc ! http://snd.sc/fCXEDE

Blip Interactive

This is a reverse of the other one - I'll try and reverse the instructions:

1. On the iPhone, load up the project you want to export and then on the MANAGE/Project page click the Export button, choose a filename and click OK. This will create a .nsp file with your project and its samples all packaged up.

2. Now you need to find out where to put the file on your computer so that the Windows version of NanoStudio can see it. The easiest way to do this is to start up Windows NanoStudio on your PC and go to the MANAGE/Project page. Click the Load button and then click Explorer. This will open up an Explorer window where Windows NanoSync expects to see any project files.

3. The final stage is to get it over to your PC. Open NanoSync, connect and browse to the /Projects folder. Hopefully you should see your nsp file there (NanoSync always shows you what's on the phone). Drag the nsp file out of NanoSync and into the Explorer Window you opened on step 2.

Windows NanoStudio should now be able load that nsp file (by clicking Load on its MANAGE/Project page).

This sounds complicated but it's a lot simpler in future if you create a shortcut on your desktop to the Explorer window where Windows NanoSync keeps it files (the window you opened in step 2). It'll be something like "C:\ProgramData\NanoStudio\Documents\User\Projects" on Windows 7. You can then drag files between this folder and NanoSync without all the messing about in step 2.

awallafashagba

right ok let me drill down to my exact issue

I have created a song on the iphone4 in nanostudio and it is saved within the default Projects/ file

the file i want to import into my pc is a Blue icon file with a .prj (BAK) extension

when i go to export with nanosync connected and all ok it creates a file with .nsp

I go back to nanosync on my pc and look for the file - It's not there

If i explore i cant find the file to import into the PC based app.

im baffled - oh my

*scratches baffled head yet again ..

Blip Interactive

Try refreshing NanoSync's view (eg. by going up and down a folder, or connecting and reconnecting). It won't spot new files which in the current folder without you prompting it in some way.

psy

hi awallafashagba, it seems like i've been having the same problem as you and it's been doing my head in. tried nanosync on a couple of different O/S's but got same result. however, just tried uninstalling it, downloading it again and re-installing it and it's solved the problem on my windows box. nsp files are now visible in nanosync and i can export and import them without issue by dragging and dropping in windows explorer.
not sure what the problem was. maybe an outdated version of nanosync?

Blip Interactive

Older versions of NanoSync only showed you wav files (nsp files etc. got added later). If you haven't got NanoSync in the last two months it would be worth updating.

BTW the older version would only show you all the files if you're holding down CTRL and SHIFT when you click the large 'Connect' button.

MoltenBlob

Blip maybe it would be useful to have the version number in the title bar of NanoSync to help trouble shoot this kind of problem.

Blip Interactive

You can find out by clicking on the icon (PC version) or menu (Mac) but it's been stuck at 1.0 on the PC for ages. I was going to fix it next time I updated it, but I haven't needed to so far.

adwardZ

Thanks. That's cool.

adwardZ

Thanks. That's cool. edit

adwardZ

new

adwardZ

new here

adwardZ

sieer

elkleto2

want to move my songs from my pc nanostudio as I can do?

Jim Hanks

@elkleto2. Yes, you can do this. Use NanoSync on the PC to move the files to your iOS device.