hmmm

5 replies [Last post]
biff_bifferson

ive looked round the forums and seems a few people are having problems, but with mine nanosync has never worked. ive let it through the firewall, tried inputting the address manually and nothing. it will not connect at all. wifi is on and enabled on the iphone. sorry if im repeating an existing problem but i couldnt find anything. any help gratefully received (love nanostudio generally btw.)

Blip Interactive

A few people have had problems in the past but a lot of those posts are pretty old - some of them have definitely been resolved but it's difficult to tell how many people are in the 'never got it to work' camp if they gave up.

It sounds like you've done everything right, I'm really sorry because I'm struggling to think of anything else. The only thing I can think of is that it's something to do with the router setup (if you've let it through the firewall) but ait's almost impossible to help with specifics with issues like that. I suppose you could try posting the make/model of your router - if it's a common one and someone else can confirm that router works for them then it'd at least be something to rule out.

biff_bifferson

ah, but its happening at home and at work. i might try reinstalling nanosync. is there a way of physically dragging and dropping from the phone to the pc? its a shame as im really enjoying messing around with nanostudio.

Blip Interactive

You could try iPhone Explorer over the USB cable.

http://www.macroplant.com/iphoneexplorer/

NanoStudio's files are under Apps/NanoStudio/Documents/User, and you'll need to ensure that wav files have been converted to 16 bit before you copy them over since NanoSync normally performs this function for you.

biff_bifferson

i have iphone explorer (i think - defo something along those lines) so i'll have a bash later. report to follow (in case anyone else has these travails)

neonelectro

I had that problem when I first installed nanosync on my pc where it just would not or could not find my ipod, even when I manually put in the ip address. I use a bt home hub and because I had problems with slow internet over wi-fi I set the receiving wi-fi channel on my computer to manual and set it to channel 5, that's why it couldn't find my ipod. I set the channel detection back to "AUTO" where it defaulted to channel 1 and tried again and bingo, it found it first time. Haven't had a problem since.