mac midi and nano

9 replies [Last post]
parradoc

Hi sorry this may sound dumb well anyway, I got a usb keyboard (evolution ekeys37) I use it with garage band on my macbook could I link this up with nano-studio on the iphone via my macbook usb ? Also can i use mac OsX (audio midi set up)- to connect and show up as a midi accessory on nano-studio for the iphone via the phones usb link ? if so how,
basically how can I use my macbook and Nano-studio on the iphone other than transferring files ? if at all possible, sorry 4 any trouble

Blip Interactive

The coming 1.13 update adds Core MIDI support which allows you to hook up USB MIDI controllers, but unfortunately this only works on the iPad.

You could download the free OSX version of NanoStudio - this supports MIDI devices. You could then compose on your MacBook, export the project file to your phone using NanoSync and continue composing on the move.

cyberheater

I'm moist. Can't wait :)

Blip Interactive

V1.13 is available in the app store now - more info here http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/1602

Aliensix

Hi all,

well, with the use of Soundflower I am now able to route Nanostudio into Logic and using IAC I'm able to control it from the sequencer. How very cool indeed. It's shame all the other iPhone music apps never thought to make a standalone version that runs from your Mac/PC, so a big thanks to Blip for doing that :)

Soundflower is available for free here - http://cycling74.com/products/soundflower/
Cheers! :)

Btw, Running on an iMac 2.4 Intel Core Duo - OSX 10.5.8 - Logic Pro 9.1.3

nebyoolae

Any chance of you writing a short guide on how to get this to work? I'm on OS X 10.7 and using Logic Pro 9.17. Trying to send MIDI data from Logic to NS using the IAC driver seems to do nothing (no audio, or intermittent noise), and trying to route audio back from there to Logic is a complete failure so far. I've never really tried to do something like this and I'd be indebted to you if you could help out!

oscarwildone

I have managed to input midi via iac bus but can't for the life of me see how you can route the audio out of Nano Studio into Soundflower.
I would really appreciate your help.

tom_tm

You can't. Nanostudio only outputs via the main out.

Cal

You can definitely do it with Jack and I'm sure you could do it with Soundflower if you set it up as a default audio device in OSX audio/midi setup utility. I will check and report back.

tom_tm

Forgot about Jack. :)