TRG Maker 1.1 - 6/5

64 replies [Last post]
syrupcore

(new version bump)

rhed

Hi i had tried to load my trg files but the NS said Bank Import Failed - Couldnt impoth bank file and then the name of the trg. what is the problem?

syrupcore

@rhed thanks for trying it out! That usually means there's some naming problem. Can you email me the zip? random -at- luktown -dot- org

miscend

Great work man!

Any chance of a downloadable version I can sue on the go?

syrupcore

@miscend I'm glad you like it. There is someplace between a 0% and -0% chance for a downloadable version. I'm happy to share the source with anyone who wants to have a go though.

syrupcore

should work in Firefox 4+ now. Hopefully, I haven't broken 3.6.

syrupcore

New version of the TRG Maker bump. I was just gonna fix Firefox 4 but...

vdrumpro

You
Are
A
GODSEND!

Thanks for this tool man it's awesome and really a huge HUGE help!

ebenactarus

Hello all!
Is someone know how to transfert wavs files in nanostudio (iphone) without using nanosync, because i don't have wifi on my computer?
thanks

Blip Interactive

I'd recommend an application called 'iPhone Explorer' for Windows or OS X. It is free, gives you access to most files on your iPhone and doesn't require that you Jailbreak your phone.

Please be careful when operating with files on your phone though, I'd hate for you to lose anything!

ebenactarus

i ever tried it but i can't see nanostudio or maybe i looked in a wrong place. can you tell me where to look exactly with this program because i don't want to lose something

Blip Interactive

Browse to 'Apps/NanoStudio/Documents/User'.

ebenactarus

ok thank you, now i'm at work so i will retry later
thanks again, btw i looooove nanostudio

syrupcore

TRG Maker broke 600 kits created/downloaded at some point recently. Very cool! Thanks for using it.

Does anyone actually use the 'Text Only' option?

Blip Interactive

I'm afraid I may have skewed your statistics by making 500 fart and burp soundboards. Im going to knock 'em out at as an in-app purchase for £9.99 apiece.

Jim Hanks

Are those 16/44.1 fart samples or 24/96? ;-)

sound4mation

not sure if this is only happening to me but I'm not able to use this tool. It gets all the way to 100% then I get this:

Something has gone terribly wrong
Error: 0 4377. Something is wrong and this isn't helpful.

syrupcore

Hmm, I can't even remember what that error means. I see I thought I was clever with 'O HELL' but that's about it. :)

Sorry you got it. Which browser are you using? Name of your trg (in case there is a bum string in there)? Longer loops or shorter one-shot samples?

platinumaudiolab

Impressive! It's a bit unfortunate for you that its all server-side, in the case that you get some jackass who has very long fart sounds clogging up your bandwidth.

I could have used this utility so many times if I knew it existed. I'll be sure to mention the utility in my upcoming nano review. Great job!

syrupcore

Agreed about the server side stuff! It is really an entirely client side app but JavaScript can't create zips yet. :) I have free bandwidth and it's not like there are millions of people using it so I don't really sweat it.

Thanks for the kind words.

splatterfaces

Is this down

syrupcore

oh nice. Looks like my host is getting attacked. http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2013/05/14/renewed-external-attacks-affec...

trgmaker itself isn't down - most everything at dreamhost is down.

splatterfaces

Yeah, it's back.

trupro

This looks great Syrup i had no idea this was out there

Dumb question for you...since i could ostensibly do this with Nanostudio on the PC, what are the advantages of using TRG maker over regular Nano to do this?

Thank you,

S.

syrupcore

Thanks. You can drag a folder with 40 samples onto it and arrange the pads to your liking via drag and drop and the overflow list.

I wonder if the trg type thing in ns2 will allow more than 16 samples per instance. maybe via a/b banks type thing. One of the main reasons I made the thing was after downloading a library with a gazillion drum machine samples, separated by machine. Most of those machines had more than 16 samples and narrowing down which 16 I wanted to have in the final trg, and where, by loading one at a time was a pain. Banks in the trg wouldn't help the where or one-at-a-time problem but it would allow all of my, say, dr-55 samples to be collected in a single trg instrument.

alphacat

Uh oh...

Getting the "terribly wrong" message, no details...

syrupcore

Uh oh is right. I started to rebuild that beast a while ago and left it in a god-only-knows state. Browsers are changing awfully fast and there's a lot of old unneeded code in there that gums up the works!

If you want to send me the wav files you tried uploading, I can try to recreate the error. random at luktown

alphacat

Sent...

I think it was the fact they were 32 bit; once I converted them to 16 bit offline and tried again it worked.

syrupcore

Ah, good catch. Not sure browsers can handle 32bit files or if maybe some technique I put in there is expecting 16bit only.

alphacat

This might be moving into Matt territory...

converted the files to 16 bit, removed all spaces in filenames and re-upped to TRG Maker: success.

But when I drop them into NS - they don't appear.

[chin scratch]