Online Patch Library?

16 replies [Last post]
SWriverstone

Hi all...

I know SoundCloud exists for people to share music...and we also have a stickied thread for people to share their NanoStudio works.

What I'm wondering is if anyone has set up an online, free library of NanoStudio (Eden) patches for everyone to share? (I did a quick search and didn't find anything.)

It would be great to have a place like this where we could all upload/download project files containing our own custom patches (or tweaked patches). If nobody has done this, I might be willing to give it a go.

Scott

Distraub

Couldn't we use KVRaudio.com for that, they have a huge plugin database and users can upload and download patches... just a thought.

SWriverstone

I wasn't familiar with KVRaudio.com, but after a quick look at the site, I'd say yes, that could work well! I've only started to tweak patches...so when I get a decent-sized collection of them, I'll upload them there and let everyone know. :-) Maybe others could do the same!

Scott

tofudrew

I think this is a great idea, and will really help demonstrate how capable Eden is. I'm very keen to hear how other users are crafting patches, and also keen to share some of my own sounds.

sirmcp

all right guys, it's not an online patch library...but I'm releasing a quick NanoStudio Mod. It's a project file (.nsp), so download it, load it into your projects folder with NanoSync, and enjoy. This mod includes custom made drum samples for the TRG, and around 50 Eden synth patches in the Project Bank. I thought the .nsp format could be used to trade samples and patches in a project file, almost like alp, or Refill files.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1475004/Nano%20mod%201.nsp

u-turn

@sirmcp - downloading now. Thanks!

u-turn

Wow! Superslick soundset. Thanks bro. For some reason, the following patches didn't play a sound for me: 43, 44, and 46 through 49. The rest are amazing. I plan to do a track using only your new sounds and will upload it as soon as it's done.

Lovin the retro vibe on many of the sounds, especially Whistler. Also love the TRG pad sounds. Great work!

Thanks for sharing.

sirmcp

u-turn, thanx for the beta test. All issues should be taken care of and all patches should play.

u-turn

New U-Turn Track - Orange Glow

Here you go. Did this up in a little over an hour using only your new shared soundset Sirmcp. Much thanks. Hope you enjoy.

U-Turn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please become a fan / favorite my tracks at http://www.reverbnation.com/uturnmusic
Please follow me / favorite my tracks at http://www.soundcloud.com/u-turn
Thanks so much! Your support is greatly appreciated! -- U-Turn

syrupcore

Holy wow, these Eden patches are *wicked*. Thank you!

syrupcore

I'd love to hear a beat battle with only these sounds/samples.

u-turn

Yup, all sounds now work. Again great job on the sound banks. Thx again.

sirmcp

nano mod 1 has been updated for the last time. I just couldn't stand all of those empty Eden banks...so one thing led to another and now you have a FULL C bank. Any feedback is appreciated and who knows...I might make another one. I've got a question, will Nanostudio accept wav files that are looped and crossfaded? I noticed the lack of loop points makes me want to try and get the files in, looped and edited. I also think that stacking four oscillator combos (sin,sqr,tri,saw) into single wav files might offer some thicker analog goodness.

Thanx to u-turn for testing it and for making the song. I would love to include a demo song in the next one, if you're game.

Godson

Bump for this topic...... nice one sirmcp.

sirmcp

it's been awhile since nano mod 1....so I got bored (i'm on vacation) and I made a new spanking nsp file called microwave111. This isn't your grand dad's project bank ladies...it's for those that want to walk on the wild side, geared towards experimental and fsu. It's a bit bigger than nanomod 1 because there are more samples and all of these were created on my ipod or ipad, recorded very lo tech...but that's what gives this mod it's grimey goodness. enjoy. after hearing it u probably won't thank me...you'll hate me. Over 70 new drum sounds and a full bank of new Eden stuff, mostly sample based.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1475004/Microwave111.nsp

sirmcp

Blip Interactive
Newformz

Hey Guys,

I am going to be working on a site that can help with this, you will be able to upload, play and share your files and songs within a community based website.

I am new to NanoStudio and loving it since i do not have the time i used to at home i am able to create music on the move and at work, so big thank you Blip! :)