sending samples to my iphone via NanoSync Help!!!!

22 replies [Last post]
leeds1992

First off,Really pleased with Nanostudio,what a product for so little.However i have just downloaded the free Livelounge samples and dropped the file into nanosync,which is connected to my iphone,where it can been seen below trg banks,samples,projects,mixdowns as LM_LIVELOUNGE.ZIP Zip file.Now if i highlight the download and hit the "send to device" button, i am sent to the Nanosync folder in program files with the file name box empty and the open button highlighted.What do i do from here!!
I thought/expected to hit the "send to device" button and see the livelounge samples on the nanostudio on my iphone!,No/Yes..Helpppppp!!!

Blip Interactive

This confusion has been coming up a few times recently, to the point where I'm thinking about how to improve it.

OK first thing - dropping a file into NanoSync will automatically upload the file(s) to the phone. NanoSync lists the files on your phone (not the files on your computer) so if you can see them in its window then it's done and they're now on the phone. The 'Send to Device' button is really just a back up in case Drag n Drop doesn't work for some users - you can safely ignore it in your case.

Second thing - make sure you unzip the samplepack on your computer first, and then drag the unzipped folder into NanoSync. NanoStudio isn't clever enough to automatically unzip files itself at this stage.

Good luck!

leeds1992

I think thats where my problem lies.I download the samples and its asks wether to save file or open with Itunes with the "open" box selected.If i save it goes to the download page (I'm running Vista) and when complete i right click and open.My Itunes opens and...Nothing.Cant find the file anywhere.If i open it with Realplayer,it prompts "realplayer needs to download software to play this clip",then proceeds to say " there is no software update to play this content"
Why does everything become a friggin "ball-acher" when it comes to me!!!,Ah that feels better!
I bet you hate us technofobes,you write a complex program that runs like a dream and prats like me cant even get the samples that you provide FREE.

Blip Interactive

So are you downloading and saving a zip file?

leeds1992

Yes,....he says nervously!
Edit to say,if i open it,it still takes me to the download page,where once scanned for viruses etc,i can only right click and chose to open with...send to etc,not extract files as i believed you had to do with a zipped file to un-zip it.

whatwallace

i had the same problem, when i drag the zip folder into nanosync, it wont show up within nanostudio, but when i extract the zip folderm it wont even let me drag the wav files into nanosync

Blip Interactive

NanoSync will allow you to copy the zip file over to the phone, but you won't be able to see it because NanoStudio will only show you the types of file it uses (eg. prj, wav, nsp, ogg) and this will also be based upon the context of what you're doing (eg. when loading a sample, it will only show you wav files, when opening a project it's prj and nsp files etc.).

It's odd that you can drag zip files but not wav files. I assume you're using the current version. What happens when you try to drag a wav file into NanoSync? Do you see an uploading dialogue appear briefly?

You can send me one of the wav files to contact@blipinteractive.co.uk if you like, I will see if I get the same problem.

TheWanderer

Blip,
I'm at a loss as where the sounds (wav) have gone after putting them in nanosync? How do I access them on NS?

jaybry84

You guys need to use (free) iFunbox which is like Windows explorer for the iPhone, you can drag your samples right into a custom made folder within the Documents folder of NS. I have over a gig of samples in NS and haven't once downloaded Nanosync.

Blip Interactive

Hi.

If you're stuck on how to load a sample, from the TRG you can:

- Tap 'EDIT'
- Tap the pad you wish to edit
- Tap 'Load' and choose your sample

or from the synth:

- Find the oscillator page
- Tap 'MOD' until 'Sample' is selected
- Tap 'Load' and choose your sample

If you've done this and can't find your sample then it's possible you didn't copy it to the right folder. I'd recommend the '/Samples' folder for this.

TheWanderer

Hey Blip, thanks a lot. I found the samples I put in nanosync and got them to the pads, so stoked. This is such a cool app. Would you be able to tell me where the songs I was working on have disappeared to since I started another new song? Thanks again for your help. -W

Blip Interactive

The songs should be in the '/Projects' folder, although there's a chance you might have saved them in '/Projects/Demos' if you were working in that folder.

TheWanderer

Found them! Thanks again Blip, hope I won't be bothering you too much. This app is awesome, I use it with the synthstation 25, it's really fun : )

mgsr70

I have tried everything suggested in this thread. I downloaded some samples from loopmasters. Once done I extracted the fil,es and put them in another folder. Somehow I got all this into nanosync and then when I tried uploading to my phone. It showed as receiving files on the phone. I went to TRG to import file and the file is no where to be found. What a headache!!! Hope u can help. frustrated

Blip Interactive

So after extracting the files you should have a load of folders on your computer that have a .trg extension eg. 'LM_Dubmatix.trg'.

1. In NanoSync, connect to your device. You should see a view which has folders called something like 'TRG Banks', 'Samples', 'Projects' etc.

2. Double click on the 'TRG Banks' folder to enter it. Inside here you should see a number of TRG bank files already on your phone (eg. the default ones which come with NanoStudio).

3. Drag your extracted Loopmasters folder(s) (eg.' LM_Dubmatix.trg') onto NanoSync's window. Wait for it to upload them to the phone.

4. On your phone, tap the TRG's BANK IMPORT button and you should see your new banks listed.

Pat OHara

got it!

iammane

Wait. We can load .ogg files?

tom_tm

I know we can certainly save .ogg's, so I presume one can also load them too?

iammane

:) that is awesome, because, the loop saving I do off the phone can export natively to ogg. Fantastique! I will try this weekend

Blip Interactive

No you can't load ogg files, the ogg conversion's a one way journey for mixdowns to help reduce upload sizes. I suppose I could add ogg import with some work, but I can't see many people being that interested in it for samples.

Aside from conversion, the bigger problem is the same one as adding audio tracks ie. if you're loading ogg files then you're probably dealing with big samples which won't fit in memory. Retro-fitting streamable samples into NanoStudio would need several months work and I don't really want to go there because I feel those months could be better spent elsewhere.

Dub The Light

First off... I can't thank you enough for this incredible, powerful and very useful app. Really a game changer.

I've read the entire thread above and tried to implement your instructions to no avail.
1) Downloading zip files from Loopmasters
2) Extracting to a folder on my desktop
3) Dragging that folder into Nanosync and, as a result, onto my phone
4) Can see the wav files there just as they are in any of the other default TRG banks folders
5) Go into a project in Nanostudio on the phone and to the TRG where I bank IMPORT
6) I can see the Dubmatix folder there and when I open it there are no wavs present... nothing

I've done this several times. I've closed Nanosync and disconnected from the phone to see if there was a sort of "reset" necessary to have the files show up. Nothing.

I'm running the most recent versions of both Nanostudio and Nanosync.

Can you offer any advice, please. Thank you so much.

Jonathan

Check out www.soundcloud.com/worldfameproject and the song "Goldrush" to hear a composition created entirely with your amazing program using stock sounds.

Cheers....

Blip Interactive

Hmm, sounds like you've done everything right. A TRG bank consists of a folder with an extension of .trg, containing a file called Package.trg and the various wav files, eg:

+ Jazz.trg
- Package.trg
- sample1.wav
- sample2.wav
- etc.

If you're trying to load it using the TRG bank import button and it's showing it as plain old folder containing wav files, I'd suspect one of two things:

- The folder name doesn't end in .trg
- The folder doesn't contain a file called Package.trg

Dub The Light

Yeah, it's mystifying. I've tried it with and without the package.trg file and when I attempt to load using the TRG bank import button I can find the folder ie "Dubmatix" but it's empty. Same with any of the other Loopmasters kits. Thanks for your time.