What synth have inspired Eden?

11 replies [Last post]
joachim_s

Hi!

What synth(s) inspired the creation of Eden? I’m asking because I want to try and make some of the presets in Eden on analogue gear. I currently have the Juno 2, JX-8P, Matrix 1000, Behringer Model D and Volca Keys.

Kindly,
Joachim

tom_tm

Eden uses wavetables, so if you wanted to emulate it soundwise, you'd be better off using something like Waldorf's 'Blofeld' synth, as opposed to an analogue type.

Slam-Cut

Wavetables or waveforms?

syrupcore

I think you'll have the best luck, generally, with Matrix 1000 (presuming you have an editor!). Not so much because of the raw OSC sounds but because a lot of Eden's magic comes from having 3 ENVs and 4 LFOs used in clever ways. I think the Oberheim is the closest match to that, feature wise with 2 LFOs, 3 ENVs and the tracking generators.

Slam-Cut

Interesting choice syrupcore. I assume you have one? I have one that is sorely neglected. I did notice sometime ago an iPad app that was a Matrix 1000 editor. That sound module would not be easy to tweak on its own. Getting that going is on my very long list of things to do.

syrupcore

I had a Matrix-6 for a few years. Miss it! Maybe we should make a trade. :)

Slam-Cut

HA! I need to use it first! It’s been a long journey, but I am determined to get the whole lot hooked up and make something epic. Epic to me at least...

syrupcore

Sounds like a big hassle. Let me make it easier on you by taking one thing out of the equation. #heretohelp

joachim_s

Ok! Not familiar with that one. Not going to buy anything new synth wise for a while since I've been doing that a lot the last 6-8 months. Have to afford a new sofa as well. ☺️

joachim_s

"I think you'll have the best luck, generally, with Matrix 1000 (presuming you have an editor!). Not so much because of the raw OSC sounds but because a lot of Eden's magic comes from having 3 ENVs and 4 LFOs used in clever ways. I think the Oberheim is the closest match to that, feature wise with 2 LFOs, 3 ENVs and the tracking generators."

Ok! The Matrix 1000 has a lot of mod capabilities from what I've noticed. Haven't really dug deep into them yet. But ok ☺️

joachim_s

I would love to hear what the creator of Nanostudio/Eden have to say about synths and synth settings that inspired the Eden presets!

Slam-Cut

Thanks syrupcore! That’s very kind of you.