Best NS1 life raft device

35 replies [Last post]
tom_tm

I once visited Arundel in West Sussex. It's a deeply [name of religion goes here- hint: begins with a C] place and in a charity shop there were the complete episodes/box set of Father Ted on VHS for about a fiver. Next to it was 'Men behaving badly' (which frankly, and compared to Father Ted, is shite), and that was £15. To the shopkeepers disgust I purchased the complete Father Ted, and he even had the opportunity to tell me how shit he thought it was. My mother then told me (who was baptised a [name of religion goes here- hint: begins with an R then a C>] that it was unsurprising seeing that Arundel was a deeply [name of religion goes here- hint: begins with a C] place, and that was probably the reason why.

Oh, and my Mum loves Father Ted too (Bless!).

(I hope I didn't mention CATHOLIC too many times? ;-) )

Stiksi

Not at all, but you sure went on about Cthulhu… I had no idea Arundel was like that! What is Father Ted?

Never mind, just found page 1 :D

Slam-Cut

HAHAHAHA!!!!!

Nice one Stiksi! Not everyone knows that Cthulu is at the heart of Catholicism (he lives in the dungeon below the Vatican).

Slam-Cut

@Tom_tm: I hope you'll understand that I've been busy the last few days, but I have finally got around to watching the Father Ted link you sent. Funny stuff. I can't see how anyone would be offended by that show, but I know how easy it is for some people to get their panties in a bunch. I do think the crown of religious comedy still has to go to Python for 'The Life of Brian'. To me that one still holds up after all these years since the topics of religious fanaticism and terrorism are so pervasive. Anyway, thanks for the introduction. I'll have to find a source to watch the series. The YouTube link had a weird multi-colored background which I am supposing is used to defeat the YouTube copyright algorithms, but the episode was pretty dimly lit, so a DVD source will be a thing for me to look out for.

tom_tm

Yeah, find the DVD box set. It's 100% worth it, and you'll laugh your socks off!!