Is Nanostudio 2 still happening ?

191 replies [Last post]
Slam-Cut

@jwmmKerofmusic: I haven’t heard any updates from Matt regarding the universal status, so I think he still plans to release iPad first. That also does seem to be the way most pro level iOS apps are released. iPad first. What do you use for soundfonts now? I have bs-16i and I recently bought a bunch of soundfonts for it but it seems like I can only loads them into bs-16i one at a time. That killed my initial enthusiasm. Hope to find a better way, so if you have any clues I’d be all ears.

@Sharivari: some great insights in your post - gives me a look into that world. It must be gruelling both at work and at home. Thanks for that post.

@TwistedGenetics: I get your thinking, but I doubt he’ll have much free time after launch. He’ll have to monitor us knuckleheads on the forum asking questions rather than reading the manual, sending him emails, and chasing down any bugs that escaped notice of the Beta Team while juggling the iPhone version of NS2, planning/starting Audio Tracks, contemplating features proposed on the forum (WishList thread v2.0), and doing the dishes. He will still feel like he’s on holiday becasue he’ll have normal work hours compared to the pre-launch double work hour days. So he may not exactly be bored, but I hope he can enjoy a cup of tea without having to pour over code every sip.

jwmmakerofmusic

"and chasing down any bugs that escaped notice of the Beta Team" Which I would've found before release. ^^ (Why yes, I am cheeky thank you.)

Anyhoo, for Soundfonts, I use Audio Evolution Studio. It's compatible with Files, and you can drag and drop your collection in there.

There's also Caustic, but that one is not Files compatible.

Slam-Cut

jwmmakerofmusic: Thanks for the tip. Audio Evolution Studio: I actually had to check if I have it. I did. Never use it. Hmm. I tried it when it first came out and found it to be buggy, so I dropped it. It may be a fine DAW after various updates, but I need to find an AUv3 instrument. Maybe I'll keep searching or working with bs-16i. I really want something that will eventually work with NS2, so I'm trying to sort out some AUv3 instrument apps before the launch (still believe in Matt that it'll be before X-mas).

jwmmakerofmusic

Yeah, bs-16i is the only one I know of, but its file system really sucks. Like you said, it can only load up to four soundfonts at once, or works weird like that. I'd rather (and do) subscribe to Auxy to get sounds than fiddle about with bs-16i. Audio Evolution Mobile is about the best bet regardless. :) Cheers mate, and good luck.

syrupcore

jwmmakerofmusic said: "and chasing down any bugs that escaped notice of the Beta Team" Which I would've found before release. ^^ (Why yes, I am cheeky thank you.)

Cheeky indeed. There's always someone cheekier though. Or is your real name Francisco Domingo Joaquim?

Slam-Cut

Now that’s really cheeky!

Empyre16

Man... I’m so excited for N2

alexbuga

Can wee see some screenshots of the Sampler PLEEEASE ?

dendy

There is few screenshots related to sample functinalities of Obsidian in other threads ... If you look in detail at those screenshot, there is visible lot of information to be excited also about sampling abilities of Obsidian.

Matt also mentioned somewhere, that there is up to 32 zones per single sample oscillator (== layer) and you can have up to 3 layers per patch, plus they can be velocity sensitive ... also stereo samples are supported, up to 32bit / 96khz ...

Here is visible sampler oscilaltor with multiple zones active

also here some details of sampler oscillator settings

alexbuga

I've added those screenshots on my iPad to see in real size how it looks & feels. I've studied them a lot since Matt posted them.
I was asking for the sample editor. You know... the waveform view.

Stiksi

That has not been seen yet. Fingers crossed it's going to be soon!