Is Nanostudio 2 still happening ?

191 replies [Last post]
Slam-Cut

Define “too far”...

nano

" too far " is a company trademark protected by vaacum cleaner
(c) blip studios 2018 , all cuts reserved ..

darwiniandude

I want NS2

:(

Slam-Cut

This lengthy delay is, I take it, to make NS2 as rock-solid as NS1 was, with a whole lot of new features crammed in. The screen shots alone reveal that NS2 is a complete rebuild. NS1 took a long time to build, no surprise that NS2 is taking so long.

nano

I want SEX2

;( .. ?

aha sorry , this is nanostudio forum .. :D

Cinebient

I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
I I I I I I I I I I I
I I I I I I I I I I I
I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
I I I I I I I I I I I
I I I I I I I I I I I
I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I

I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
I I I I I I I
I I I I I I I
I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I
I I I I I I
I I I I I I
I I I I I I I I I I I I

spooky zoo

^^^

Have you been crossing off the months since NanoStudio 2 was announced? ;)

We're a few weeks into the 2nd half of 2018, and I'm clinging on to hope that it really will be 2018 this time round.

Hope Matt is keeping sane with it though. That's top priority.

Slam-Cut

Hmm When was NS2 announced?

spooky zoo

Announced as being worked on?

Dunno, 4, 5 years?

I know I've been excited about it for a loooooong time!

nano

mystery of the cinebient post solved :

" deep down "

Cinebient

Lol, it took me some time to write IS THIS THE YEAR with I´s but then when i post it it messed it all up.
Time i never get back :O
But like with Zebra 3 from U-he i gave up for now and will look in a few months again.
Cheers!

Blip Interactive

Hello. It's still all happening, it will definitely be this year.

There have been some hold-ups solving various compatibility issues with Audio Units - each problem has been unique and has needed detective work to track down and solve, often involving cooperation with AU devs to work through the issues. It's slowed things down but I'd prefer to get it right rather than deliver a flaky product.

The good news is that I'm happy that the app is now up to release quality, but there are still a couple of features left to add.

I will announce a release date when I'm sure I can make it without risk.

spooky zoo

"...app is now up to release quality".

Exciting! Thanks for the update. :)

darwiniandude

Thank you for you’re tireless efforts Blip :)

It’s appreciated.

technokowski

Oh my, oh my!! Lurking in the shadows, I've kept my eye on this thread. This is the juciest tidbit we've had in ahwile, much excite.

I wonder if Matt is secretly adding Half-Life 3 as an extension pack?

Slam-Cut

I’m glad to hear that you are still hard at work, although I empathize with the shear work load you are under. Unleash the Badgers v3 sounded sweet! All your hard coding work will certainly be well worth the effort. I can’t wait for the release date. Keep up the great work!

nano

app update :

- fixed some bugs
- added new bugs to fix them later

;D .. source : appstore

Harisonzamperla

Oh my God. Got excited all over again

Karmamole

Best news I've heard in a while! Can't wait :)

passive defence

YES! Thank You for the good news, Mr. Blip. It is much appreciated! I accidentally upgraded my iPad to iOS 11 recently and lost my favorite software since 2011. There are no alternative solutions, forget about cubase, auria and all the rest. It’s not the same. The waiting is the hardest part. Would I be able to load NS1 on a pre-iOS 11 iPad? I am thinking about getting one like I still have an old laptop with windows XP and Cubase SX2. Works fine for me. Greetings to all of you hardcore-forists, shoutouts to tomtm, stiksi, slamcut, cinebient and all of you!

Jeppan74

It’s happening...
@technokowski: literally laughing out loud right now :D

Bittersailor

I work at sea so do not get notifications and such. So when I got back in I didn’t know about the app not being supported by the new update. I lost all my work. But I read forum and heard that at least the new app was coming soon. Now its half a year later and nothing. At this point I’ve moved on to other software that I now realize will be tough for you to match. I atleast still can use the original on my Mac and iPad 1.

Slam-Cut

@Bittersailor: iOS 11 (Sept 2017...?) did not support 32 bit apps like Nanostudio. Apple screwed a lot of developers, but onward and upward. Your work isn’t lost, it’s just a matter of getting the files off of your iDevice. There is a thread on this forum somewhere in which a bright user figured out just how to do it. Once off your iDevice the files can be used on the PC version of Nanostudio. Or get a cheap used iDevice.

Just curious what software did you decide upon? It will be tough for any software to match the features if NS2 at the same price point. I’ve tried a few apps while waiting for NS2:
GarageBand: hate it
MusicStudio: It’s OK and has some orchestral instruments, but the UI is clunky compared to NS.
FLSM: About the same as MusicStudio
Gadget: i like some of the modern synth sounds but I hate the sequencer
Auria Pro: I want to like it but it doesn’t have the ease of use tha NS has. Seems like a good app, but I can get more done more quickly in NS even with the limitations it has.

shimoda

Havent been on this forum in ages but checked in to. See NS2 is happening! Gonna be somehing special :)

Bewar3them00n

Great news!!!!
I’ve been getting into my Novation Circuit of late, nice to have some physical knobs to twiddle, and while it’s not as petite as carrying an iPad around, I took it on holiday.
I’m looking forward to the new Eden synths, loved the immediacy of the touch pad functions on NS1.
A few of us older boys who remember the late 80’s and 90’s rave scene have been getting together for some impromptu jams, so I want to use NS, my Novation Circuit and a 3 channel pocket mixer and a Korg mini fx Kaoss pad to create some instant live jams, while I’m loving the Circuit for its input of the box fun, and tweak ability, I want to be able to flesh out the grooves with NS synths, which I can loop and then work on at my leisure
I’m not one for spending hours creating perfect mixes on NS, as I don’t have either the time or the patience, but I do love experimenting off the cuff.
NS got me back into making music, so really excited to hear something wonderful is about to happen with NS2

pezzerdotcom

https://open.spotify.com/artist/1AZEGWWyXcwWMOPkOfVDxb?si=ejLGzatoQQ2P7c...

Thank You Blip / Matt

Been a long road

All of this 3.5 hours of techno made proudly on an ipad using Nanostudio

Keep the fucking faith. Believe xxxxx

syrupcore

A few songs in and very much digging it @pezzerdotcom. As we all drool over NS2, a perfect reminder of just how much we could get done in NS1 (if we were all you, that is!).

strizbiz

Well, thought I’d check one last time with IOS12 days away, but tbh, I’ve pretty much lost faith in the developer. If he could’nt pull it off for IOS11, seems like a stretch it’ll be released before IOS13 comes out. Good luck with it though, I hope someday it will be released, I’m moving on from it though. As they say, out of sight out of mind.

instinctive

Be sure not to leave a two-star review if the metronome is too loud, like you did for Modstep ;)

jwmmakerofmusic

@strizbiz

I feel ya mate. Well, in my case, I've tried reaching out to Matt on multiple occasions so I could beta test for him and help him speed up the process tenfold, maybe even craft some bass house demo tracks. Meh, nothing doing. Makes me wonder if he's feeling alright or going through another burnout. Hope he's alright.