Is Nanostudio 2 still happening ?

157 replies [Last post]
darwiniandude

Re: above, get Apple’s lightning to USB adaptor. Gives you a USB-A port and lightning for power. Then connect the USB port to any of the supported USB/Midi interfaces out there. (Needs to be class compliant and have it’s own power essentially)

Slam-Cut

“Is there any drawback with using the lightning to headphone adaptor?”

No, but it get’s difficult when you want to use headphones, uae a MIDI controller, and power the iPad/iPhone. Audio jacks just make the whole thing more convienient. Those who don’t use MIDI controllers will not have much of a problem I think, and my strategy is to mostly just use the touchscreen ‘keyboards’ on my iPhone (which doesn’t have audio jacks) and primarily use MIDI controller(s) on the iPad. I have only found one adaptor that allows MIDI, audio, & power. It shouldn’t be that difficult a thing in 2018.

“Don’t get me wrong or do if you wish) and yes, I get the whole one man-job thing, but sometimes the eternal wait and this yes saying-forum is just frustrating...”

Understandable, but the long-term strategy of Blip Interactive seems to be not to release buggy apps. Delayed release is better than buggy apps. Buggy apps are hugely frustrating and really alienate customers. Also, there was a super long wishlist that we created on this forum. He can’t get all of it done prior to release (audio tracks being one feature slated for post-launch) but from the release screen shots, there is a lot going on that looks like it is even more than what we requested. I dunno, but for me it looks like it will be well worth the wait.

So far, Blip created a great app (NS1) and we all were really satisfied using it. We would like a shorter wait for NS2, but shit happens. We haven’t paid a single dime for NS2 and really have nothing to complain about. Blip has no obligation to ever create a single app ever again. However, with enough positive encouragement on this forum from Matt’s fans, maybe he’ll be encouraged to overcome the thankless 16+ hour days and create a rock-solid fantastic app that we will all love to use for many years to come. I’ll be a part of the “yes-saying forum” so long as that seems to help encourage the completion of NS2.

Velocity127

Isn't now the perfect time to get creative with all the apps we already own? ;)

Slam-Cut

“Isn't now the perfect time to get creative with all the apps we already own? ;)”

Very true. I empathize with those who lost NS1 due to upgrading to iOS 11, but for those who still have NS1, it still does everything that it ever did. Also there are every week, and sometimes every day, new synth and FX apps coming out. It is almost impossible to keep up with the apps I buy. We have so many tools at our disposal it is freaking crazy. The frustration comes from needing a good tool like NS2 to put the whole collection of apps into a useable workflow.

Sharivari

They all suck in comparison to what is likely to come. That’s what I’m actually whining about

Slam-Cut

Yeah, there is no comparing a single synth app to the workflow of NS1, and I haven’t found an app on the Appstore that is more useful for getting things done than NS1. At least for me. There are DAW out there that are popular, and depending upon how one works can be quite useful, but I click better with NS1 than any othe DAW I have tried (iOS or otherwise).

Sharivari

I’ve given up on the platform for the time being. For example Gadget sounds great but has a completely useless sequencer. Its shit (or I am) cause I don’t get the unintuitive interaction there It’s the same with every damn app I use/try so I solely use Logic and Live mostly. ns1 is the only thing that holds all parts together but it feels and old and is unfortunately uninspirering to me mostly.

Sharivari

I don’t mean to be a dick but I’m on a typical Mediterranean vacay right now and am fantasizing about what a day on the beach could be with ns2. I

shimmy

NS2 is not waterproofed.

darwiniandude

Garbage Band is the best all rounder for the moment, but for something more Nanostudio-y have a look at Caustic to get you by.

netsvetaev

Caustic similar at first sight, but different in user experience. It have vocoder, separate synths and rack-like effects. And skins, lol. But only iphone version, not adaptive.

Sharivari

Damn, I thought Caustic was Android-only but that might have been way back. Downloaded it now and will fiddle with it to see what it does.

nano

.. redrawn version of caustic skin ..

http://bags.dropmark.com/509134/14853575

Sharivari

Regarding GarbageBand: Yeah agree on that but it’s disturbing that, on the iPhone version, swapping sound on a synth is three clicks away and nested in a menu. At least I haven’t figured it out. That’s sort of lame ux as it’s one of the most used functions.

Slam-Cut

GarbageBand is very unintuitive to me and very uninspiring. I want to like it. I made one track with it, but it was frustrating and I felt like the app was working against me. I think it knew I was a Nanostudio guy and resented me trying to use it... and I think Siri was hiding stuff from me. I’m certain it is a big conspiracy by Apple.

dendy

> GarbageBand is very unintuitive to me and very uninspiring.

This. I'm suspicious that there is same team behing GarageBand iOS which is resposible for iTunes catastrophe :-D

Cinebient

In the meantime i asked for a refund for my new iPad Pro 10.5" since my 14 day return policy runs out next week.
There are really some great apps and especially nice synths for iPad but there is really no DAW i want to use and put a huge project together.
Since i don´t think NS2 will arrive before iOS12 and the next generation of iPads and iPhones i would get not much use out of it.
Still prefer my iPhone and Logic on mac so far.
So i guess i have to wait before NS2 finally arrive until i decide to buy a new idevice. I think i might also prefer it anyway on my iPhone 6S plus once it´s universal (if that happens).
Damn....i begin to think NS2 will be a dream which never will be true. It´s so surreal to wait for a v2 of one of my oldest but best iOS apps ever.

Harisonzamperla

I have an iPhone 6s Plus as well and its plenty big enough for me. I'm excited for the universal nanostudio 2 version!

Slam-Cut

I think you are right dendy! ;)

NS2 on iPhone will be great. I am waiting for new iPad models to come out before I buy an iPad. I am afraid the rumors will be true and iPads also get rid of audio jack, so for me the current model may be the last chance to have this ‘standard’ feature.

Slam-Cut

“Damn....i begin to think NS2 will be a dream which never will be true”

NS2 is real. We have seen screen shots and heard audio demos. It’s like a wine that must age before the bottle is opened. The more we stare at the bottle, the worse the anticipation seems. Explore all those other great apps because NS2 will provide the DAW environment to bring them all together, one way or another. The dream will be real.

shimmy

... I'm waiting to get drunk!

nano

... zZz

Slam-Cut

Hard to argue with that. ;)

Cinebient

Alchemy v2 was also real and already in beta....then..... :)
There are a few of my favorite tools which never were further developed and/or never got a major version again since the project was too big, wasn´t the financial success or whatever.
Maybe Matt is already under Apple´s NDA :D

Slam-Cut

Don’t even think it! Shouldn’t write it either as it may jinx us with the Alchemy Curse.
And I think Apple likes the way GB works. They think differently and NS2 will not appeal to their vision. I think we are safe from Apple. For now.

dendy

> For now.

I think, For Ever :-) As i know Matt, he would rather stop code for living and voluntary start work as miner in uranium mines, than sell his masterpiece child to evil apple ...

Slam-Cut

HA! That’s funny. And good to know. Also we would send Russian Mafia after him if he sells out to Apple. ...not that I know any Russian Mafia, but still.

kitejan

@Slam-cut: I'm pretty sure we had Sicilian Mafia types living next door to me a few year back. Mum with couple of grown up sons - both with Grey BMWs, tinted windows, designer sunglasses (the sons, not the car), ran a Italian Restaurant somewhere, eventually did an overnight escape leaving unpaid bills and the like. I got on their good side by changing the house main electrical fuse one Christmas Eve for them (neither son seemed to be able to find the fuse board, never mind what to do). Always thought that could come in useful one day :-)

Slam-Cut

Ah Ha! Russian Mafia are probably too brutal anyway. We don’t want anyone killed, just roughed up a little to keep him from going to ‘The Man’/Apple. Italian Mafia is better for that sort of work. Just a little intimidation. You’ll be the contact on that. ...and aparently the official electrician for this forum. ;)

Harisonzamperla

Jesus christ. Nanostudio cult goes too far :)