Is Nanostudio 2 still happening ?

157 replies [Last post]
Slam-Cut

Atticus! Good thing you mentioned that. It was just about to go off up in here, but I calmed everyone down. For now. The Chinese decided they want to create a Super Navy before they attack. That’ll take over a decade. So we’ll have some time to create amazing epic music for WWIII using NS2. The good thing is that WWIII will be shot as a reality TV show, and we’ll be able to see all of it unfold on our TVs. Until they hit is with a massive EMP attack, then we’ll have no electronic devices. I’m keeping my iPhone in a lead-lined underground bunker so that I will still be able to use NS2 after the war. It’s a lot of work, but music is important.

Oops! I think my crazy is showing...
:)

sch

I'm beginning to reckon that the Rapture will prolly come before NS2. C'mon, Matt, git 'er done!

dendy

What is Rapture ? Some app ? There was synth "Rapture" inside Cakewalk Sonar i think ..

peanut_gallery

I'm realizing that I'm basically in the same boat as pezzerdotcom. I've been trying a number of different apps to continue on, but I've been spoiled by NanoStudio. The one upside is that I've been getting a nice collection of AUv3 apps and finding my favorite sounds in them, so when NS2 hits I'll be ready to roll.

Somewhat coincidentally, I think audiobus broke in NS around the same time my youngest was born, so as I've been under a haze of sleepless nights and general chaos the past few years and not really being productive in music anyway, I'm finally crawling out from under of all of that and have the time and energy to start making music again. Now I just need NS2 to arrive (so perhaps another coincidence and NS2 will be out next month???)

Slam-Cut

@dendy: ‘Rapture’ is a concept from 18th C American Puritan & Evangelical preachers that basically goes something like all true believers will be taken up to heaven just before the second coming, like some mass alien abduction, leaving the bad people still on earth to suffer through the Tribulations. I’ll gladly stay behind since I will still be busy working with NS2.

@peanut_gallery: NS1 did spoil us and I haven’t been able to be as productive with any other app. Although AB is broken, I find it is still almost as easy to record into AudioShare, then Copy/Paste into TRG. ‘Haze of Sleepless Nights’ should be the title of your first track on NS2. Or NS1. It’s still just as good as it ever was.

dendy

Oh, ok understand. Reading this, thanks God, i'm atheist .. I wanna stay on earth together with NS2 :-D

Jim Hanks

He says with no tinge of irony

Slam-Cut

Certainly appropriate for you to point it out. :)

Cinebient

So...is it still THIS year? I mean i´m just going to order an iPad again now so you have 14 days to release it while i´m testing the iPad....no pressure of course :)

Slam-Cut

I have heard rumor that the next generation of iPads will lose the audio jack, so I am thinking to get a new iPad as well.

pezzerdotcom

I am a right bloody DIV - I've just got a new MBP - and only just realised theres a effing desktop version.

The Padlock is back.

Now bring me some new toys! xxx

nano

.. and the winner of " the most hated sound ever " ...

ish ...

$$$ sampled aah & ooh choir $$$ .. :O

.. http://youtube.com/watch?v=UCGebYisvqM

dendy

if you use that sample creative way, you can do with it very interesting patches ..
for example this pad on very beginning of this track (first few seconds) is created from that classic "hated" aah choir sound..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsfdvFBMMTk

nano

.. hm

good synth : yamaha fm essential (au3)

.. aah

Jeppan74

So, I´m starting my holiday today. It would be a great opportunity to learn a new DAW that accidentally came out the same day! *Blink, blink

gr1m

So if any of you regulars are currently helping Matt beta test, can you send a cryptic post to avoid Matt's NDA and let us know.
Unless it's Nano, cause I won't know the difference.

kitejan

@jeppan: well I'm finishing my holiday today - but a little relieved that NS2 didn't come out otherwise I possibly wouldn't have enjoyed the mountains here in France quite so much :-) Howevere I did find the time for 1 x NS1 track and 4 x AUM based improvised/jams/make-it-up-as-you-go-along-and-hope-for-the-best tracks..... (I was here for 2 weeks so not as bad as it sounds - and we did do a fair amount of walking as well).

dendy

> So if any of you regulars are currently helping Matt beta test, can you send a cryptic post to avoid Matt's NDA and let us know.
> Unless it's Nano, cause I won't know the difference.

ROFL :-)

nano

.. weather report : breezy

shimmy

Feature request...
"hey Siri, quantize to 1/16th notes".

(just kidding.)

Carry on you beta bunch.
Wait...
Nanostudio 2 will feature 5.1 Surround sound, yes?
(kidding again)

Carry on...

Cinebient

I played now some days with my new iPad Pro 10.5" and while it´s nice and there are some great apps i really miss one thing.....an iOS DAW i want to use. Sadly there is just one i could imagine. You know it´s name.
I heard if i look in a big mirror and say 3 times NanoStudio 2 it will stand behind me :O

Slam-Cut

“Unless it's Nano, cause I won't know the difference.”

“.. weather report : breezy”

LMAO!!
This is pretty funny! Nano has been sending cryptic messages to us all along. HA HA!
Someone please help dendy get up off the floor when he’s done laughing.

I imagine that Matt is so buried in code for 16+ hour long days that he wouldn’t notice a blatant post on this forum. NS1 was super stable, and I bet he’s making NS2 just as stable - details that we may not even see when we get to use it, but we all know that we will be able to rely upon it and take for granted just how well it works. Unlike many other apps...

Congrats Cinebient! I’m jealous. I will need to get a new iPad when NS2 comes out, but I am thinking I will buy when the newest iPads come out sans audio jack. Then the iPads with audio jacks will be on sale, I think. Or maybe the rumor isn’t true about the audio jacks disappearing. I hope it isn’t true...

Slam-Cut

I thought about this a bit more shimmy: Siri integration is conceivable for NS3. She could collaborate with us and even sing duets. ...but then Apple gets half of the royalties.

shimmy

unless duets will be a NS3 in-app purchase :-)

Atticus

Is there any drawback with using the lightning to headphone adaptor? I wouldn’t get a 10.5 now. I absolutely love mine but the new ones are supposedly a big step up in power.

tom_tm

"Is there any drawback with using the lightning to headphone adaptor?"

No drawback at all. Unless you don't like dongles. But then the headphone itself is a sort of 'dongle' anyway.

Velocity127

Erm... how do you charge it then?
Also, using many Lightning devices over the years, I had to learn that very frequent plugging/unplugging sooner or later kills the connector.
And with a few cpu-hungry synths or FX plugins and a bright screen, the battery drains quickly.

Atticus

There are adaptors that can charge and give you your headphone output at the same time.

I’ve never had a lightning port go on me yet and have used them since the iPhone 5 and iPad Air.

Sharivari

Don’t get me wrong or do if you wish) and yes, I get the whole one man-job thing, but sometimes the eternal wait and this yes saying-forum is just frustrating...

darwiniandude

Every time I get the email saying this thread has new replies I race here hoping to see “Nanostudio 2 is live on the AppStore!!! OMG!!!” but alas I am always let down. :)