Is Nanostudio 2 still happening ?

157 replies [Last post]
Jonavindanielwine

Is Nanostudio2 still going to Happen I heard it was going to be released in 2017 but it haven't heard any thing else would Nanostudio2 be compatible for iOS 11 if there is a release

Slam-Cut

Yes! It is still being polished up, and will work on iOS 9 & higher.
Read this thread for details: NS2 - Progress report and screenshots http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11615

Jonavindanielwine

Hey Thank you very much for letting me know about this ( : I surely appreciate your help

Jonavindanielwine

When is the release date For nanostudio2 ? (:

tom_tm

The date of release is... A banana octopus!

[We're as clueless as you are.]

Jonavindanielwine

I will wait untill the release is announced as for now I will be patiently be looking out for more updates and announcements about Nanostudio 2 when they are released

ducamie

i'm out..

i was holding out for this but i'm too sick of iOS to keep waiting.. my iphone is on its last legs so i'm moving back to android after many years on iOS. apple have made it harder and harder to jailbreak in recent years and i see no value in stock iOS... nanostudio has been the single thing keeping me on iOS for the last couple years..

hopefully nanostudio gets released on android in the not too distant future, and if so, cya then!.... till then, buh bye..

Slam-Cut

I’m surprised that anyone can see “no value in stock iOS” and think things are better on Android. Sure there are some music production apps on Android, but only a small fraction compared to iOS. There must be more to the story. NS1 still works great and there really isn’t anything better on Android. Maybe you ‘upgraded’ to iOS 11 and don’t like it and can’t use NS1 anymore? I think you’ll have a long wait for NS2 on Android. Really long. Let is know what amazing apps on Android are comparable. I’d be curious.

Blip Interactive

Hello it's me. Yes NanoStudio 2's still happening, I'm just stuck in dev hell (probably for writing some dodgy code in a previous life which brought down a spacecraft or something else fairly serious).

I've got a couple of features/user experience issues I'm not happy with but once they're done over the next couple of weeks I'll invite a few forum die-hards to join the beta (I'm keeping the beta very small otherwise there's just too much information/communication for me to manage).

After that I have to sort out the sample editor and the IAP (code, not content) and I'm pretty well done. Both of these will no doubt have complications as usual so I'm not giving times out and have been trying to keep a low profile for fear of over-hyping the pudding.

So that's

- Fix some bits and pieces
- Finish sample editor
- Work out how the hell IAP is meant to work these days and do that
- Don't bring down any spacecraft

... however long that takes

Jonavindanielwine

Thank you for the info ( : will Nanostudio2 be available for iOS 11

tom_tm

I just saw that the site was down, and for a moment then, I had shakes of anticipation. But either way Matt, this is wonderful news!

Blip Interactive

Yeah, NS2 will be available for iOS 9 or later. That might have to become iOS 10 (or later) if I discover any serious issues with allowing it on iOS 9, but so far that hasn't been the case.

Sadly the old NS1 will forever be stuck on iOS 10 as it utilised a lot of 32-bit specific DSP code and would require a fair amount of work to update for the 64 bit iOS 11. I would have loved to have updated it but - well - you can see how long NS2 is taking me to complete, and that would have just pushed it back further.

If I'm honest, any impatience anyone has for NS2 to be released (which I totally appreciate as good will) can be multiplied by about a thousand and that may start to approach my feelings towards it right now. My plan has always been to try and make something good that people will hopefully love to use but I do wish that plan didn't involve bashing my head repeatedly on the desk sometimes to make it go away.

Still, onwards and upwards, one last push and all that ...!

Jonavindanielwine

I’m sorry

tom_tm

Nanostudio 1 and my iPad 4 still works flawlessly. So I won't be buying another iPad now for a while. Anyone else who still wishes to use NS1 can always get a 4, which at today's prices secondhand is a complete steal. Keep going Matt. We're still all here with you! :)

jwmmakerofmusic

Thanks for the update Blip. :) Hope to join on the beta testing to hunt any remaining bugs. Cheers.

Blip Interactive

I'm hoping the beta test will more be about the initial impressions / learning curve / user experience side of things rather than a bug finding exercise (although no doubt bugs will be found!). I normally test each area before I move onto the next and haven't found any significant issues for a few weeks now, but I bet some are lurking in the shadows.

darwiniandude

All very good news. :)

Thanks for your tireless efforts Matt. :)

sirmcp

I just upgraded from my iPad 4 to a Pro just for NS2. Now, it is sitting waiting while the 4 is still getting used the most. That will change when NS2 is released.

Nu2moro

Is this going to be iPad only on release?

Blip Interactive

> Is this going to be iPad only on release?

Yes, but I have been developing the iPhone version alongside. The iPhone version will need some tidying up and final polish, but at least I won't be starting from scratch and it shouldn't be too long after the initial iPad release (as a universal app, you won't have to pay again).

Nu2moro

Really looking forward to getting it back on the phone! Thank you :-)

jwmmakerofmusic

“I'm hoping the beta test will more be about the initial impressions / learning curve / user experience side of things rather than a bug finding exercise (although no doubt bugs will be found!).”

Well, if you want me to test it out by diving in without a manual (to see how easy it is to pick up), that’s cool too. :) Cheers.

sch

Matt, you mention having to finish the sample editor and figuring out IAP so I'm curious if your plan is still to release NS2 without audio track capability and implement that as a follow-on IAP?

Blip Interactive

> I'm curious if your plan is still to release NS2 without audio track capability and implement that as a follow-on IAP

Yes that's still the plan. It will help me to release it sooner, but I also thinks it offers an advantage in that the app will then be able to have two price points - one for the MIDI/synth only version, and then an extra 'step up' for those who want audio tracks. I'm guessing that quite a number of users would be happy with MIDI sequencing only and the entry price for a fully fledged iOS DAW with audio tracks is quite high.

sch

I'm in either way! NS was my first iOS DAW and was the most productive I have ever used. Being able to almost see the deadline for NS2 is just a dream finally coming true. I just wanted to verify the sequence (no pun intended) of the app launch. I'll be ready, cash-in-hand for it, as well as any and all following IAPs. Cheers!

Blip Interactive

I think the main roadmap priorities will be something like:

- Release iPad version
- Fix any critical bugs / 'essential' missing features (as long as they're not big complex ones)
- Release iPhone version (ie. make app universal)
- Audio track IAP

... hopefully all this year. But let's see about that later.

darwiniandude

How are the multitrack video editing/syncing features coming along?

Kidding :)

Sorry, will try not to give you a heart attack :)

I’ll use audio tracks fairly sparingly I think but I’ll also buy the IAPs when available, I got so much joy from NS1 so I’m keen to support the sequel as much as I can. Looking forward to it :)

TwistedGenetics

Getting excited now :)

I have put the iPad down for music for a while, I’ll dust it off when NS2 is out :)

Hopefully the release date will tie in with a new possible job change For me. I’ll be staying in hotels for a few weeks at a time and I won’t have to lug my laptop along!

Slam-Cut

This is all sounding really good! I’ve never before anticipated an app/program release like the release of NS2. The years of anticipation will certainly make the day NS2 is released seem surreal, and perhaps a bit emotionally overwhelming. I won’t be able to concentrate on anything else for days.

Jeppan74

I wouldn´t say I´m a fan-boy, but I AM A FAN BOY!!!
Every time we get some new news I just run around and scream "OMG, OMG, OMG!! :D

Slam-Cut

HAHAHAHA!! That’s a funny image that will be stuck in my head now.