Samples missing from TRG pads

2 replies [Last post]
goodgracious

Weird issue that affected four of my projects (which all happened to be located in the same folder). I'm running Nanostudio version 1.44 on an iPad Pro 9.7inch (model number A1673) running iOS 10.0.2.

When I loaded them up, all the drum samples were missing from their TRG slots; the names of each sample were showing in red above each pad.

However, when I hit the load button for each pad, it immediately took me to the folder where all the samples were stored, and they were all still in there. I loaded each one back into its assigned pad and saved each project, and (touch wood) they've remained in place with no further issues.

I haven't noticed this happening to any other projects yet, but I'm now paranoid as I use Nanostudio for live performance and this issue nearly tripped me up during a recent gig - thankfully I had a backup of the project in question stored in a different folder! Does anyone know what the issue might be, and how I can prevent it from happening again?

Slam-Cut

I cannot give you the intelligent answer - we'll need Matt to do that. It has happened to me before as well. I has something to do with how you save the .trg file, if I remember correctly, or perhaps where you save the samples. I may be missing some details, but when you save a project as an .nsp file, the TRG(s) will be packaged up and all the samples saved with the project. A .prj file project that has never been saved as a .nsp file might store TRG samples in a sub folder in the TRG folder, especially factory .trg files or 3rd party .trg files. The problem will generally reveal itself when you decide to move your .prj file to a new folder, like say a "Live Gig" folder. Now the TRG doesn't know where to find the samples because the chain it follows to find the samples has been broken by you moving the .prj/project. Always save projects as .nsp files before moving them. Also, when you do that make sure you put all Eden presets into the Project Bank so that any samples those may use will be nicely wrapped up and brought with the .nsp file as well. You can then safely open the .nsp file in the new location, like the theoretical "Live Gig" folder, and all your samples should be easily found in the proper TRG and Eden locations. I think this saving architecture has already been changed for NS2, but I don't know any of the details on that. Hope that helps.

goodgracious

Thanks! That sounds like the right answer, the projects in question were indeed resaved as .prj files into a new folder in preparation for the gig. I'll be sure to save them as .nsp files before moving them in future.