Has anyone successfully recovered their NS1 work?

5 replies [Last post]
MCOBigBen

I dropped out of music production for about a year. Looks it it was a REALLY bad year for it.

I have 8.45 gigs of unfinished NS projects trapped on my iOS11 phone. From my research, it's no longer possible to downgrade iOS to 10.

My phone is full, and I have a band project starting up that I need a DAW for. This is the month I either figure out how to move my NS work onto a PC, or I just delete NS, and do my best to forget that anything was ever good in the world.

Slam-Cut

Someone figured it out, and the thread should have been made into a sticky. It is possible to get the NS1 files off of a device running iOS 11, but I don’t remember how. I’ll keep searching for the thread.

MCOBigBen

http://forums.blipinteractive.co.uk/node/11615?page=9#comment-34180

Found it, and I'm currently extracting 5,958 files. :D

Slam-Cut

Yes!! That’s it. I couldn’t find it to save my life. Glad you found it and are getting your files back. Yes, also a bad year for you to take a hiatus. iOS 11 created all sorts of havoc for users of NS1. Don’t take any more hiatuses from NS! :-)

MCOBigBen

Sorry, I moved to Austin, it's more of a live music town. :D I was playing synth in a hard rock band there for a while, but I'm back to original work.

Slam-Cut

Austin is a nice town, and playing synth in a hard rock band is cool, but not so nice or cool enough to abandon your original work in NS. Consider yourself chastised! :-) I’m glad you got your files! That’s a nightmare that keeps me awake at night.