"Failed to save song file" Can't save any of my tracks anymore

5 replies [Last post]
dog_bitch

I mentioned this in my last post but it was never addressed and I'm in a better place to go into more detail.

I had been able to use Nanostudio just fine for years but had to stop unfortunately because now every time I try to save any project it gives me an error saying "Failed to save song file".
https://imgur.com/a/7jDg3
Every time I do this the folder just gets a broken "Untitled-(number)" file.

I thought It was just a bug with the current version I had so I found an older one online (v1.42 -> v1.41) but the same thing happened. I tried reinstalling several times on different hard drives but still same. I can't for the life of me figure this out and this is the only free music program I fully comfortable with. :S

Jim Hanks

Check the usage on your iPhone/iPad. It sounds like you just ran out of space. Time to delete some of those cat videos. ;-)

dog_bitch

I would if it were on an idevice. I'm using the windows version and have more than enough storage

Slam-Cut

I’m guessing that the problem could be related to the fact that while NS v1.42 hasn’t changed in a long time, Windows gets updates on a regular basis. Try reverting back to an earlier version of Windows. I don’t have the expertice to tell you how to do that, but a Google search should help. I’ll be curious to know if you find a solution to this situation, so keep us posted.

dog_bitch

I tried messing around with the compatibility settings in the properties for the exe and it's working when set to windows vista. great idea :^) thank you so much

Slam-Cut

Fantastic! Many of us have the PC version of NS as a failsafe, so it’s good to know that this worled with the Vista ‘version’. Thanks for the follow up