Question abouth new Soundbanks

13 replies [Last post]
godmodule

hello, whats about new Soundbanks for the NanoStudio.. have you plan this in near future?

Blip Interactive

Do you mean synth presets or TRG banks?

I'm hoping that there will be lots of synth patches flying around between users once the project import/export stuff is in place (essentially you can use an empty project to hold 64 patches).

I've loosely wondered if selling sample packs might work, but haven't investigated yet. The samples would have to be useful enough so that people didn't think the developer was trying to make a quick buck. Since people can upload their own samples, I don't know how many would chose to buy such an option.

chris1a

"I don't know how many would chose to buy such an option"

I would definatly pay for new Eden banks/presets.

Speaking of Eden presets, is there any way to restore bank A/B presets back to factory settings if you happen to overwrite a preset (without re-installing and losing data)?

Blip Interactive

No not at the moment, but the original data is still held within the app so it's more of a UI thing.

Would you want to restore the whole bank in one go?

Wymark

+1 for Eden synth banks...the more cutting edge sounds the better.

Thanks

Phil_The_Rodent

Reloading all in a pop would work, and maybe bank transfers. I'm just getting going on making my own sound files (bunch of stuff recorded at this point), and I would like to be able to have the option to copy out the bank B presets to bank C so I can store them, and then replace bank B with all the stuff I use more frequently.

Really, bank transfers is probably what is needed.

chris1a

"Would you want to restore the whole bank in one go?"

Yes restoring a whole bank in one go seems like a good option.

Loading/Exporting banks alá TRG would be nice.

shannong

Speaking as somebody who does a lot of extensive bank management on a Korg M3, it's useful to somehow copy around individual presets among different user banks. So in the case of NanoStudio, it would be useful to be able to move a few presets from one Project bank into another Project bank. Specifically: from one Eden.bnk file into a different Eden.bnk file. It doesn't need to be done within the iDevice itself. This could be some extended "librarian"-type functionality within NanoSync.

As to whether there would be enough demand for additional banks that you sell as, say, in-app upgrades... Yes, there sure would. You put 100 keyboard players/producers in a room and I bet less than 20 of them would raise their hands if you said "Do you mostly program your own sounds?" My guess is that if you sold a 64-preset bank for .99 or 1.99 or even up to $3 or $ a pop, you'd sell lots of them. The two factory banks are pretty damn good. It would be nice to have more synth-based presets and fewer sample-based presets, though, at least until you add support for multisamples. Most of the current sample-based presets don't stretch very far from C4.

Bob Morris 1963

With review to the comments above.
Transfer between banks would be good and I'd buy new sound banks for 59p (UK) if I could pick the best and put them into Bank B for personal and using bank A for loading new bank sounds.

strata189

What a great program!
I'm sure you'll get this sorted - back to NS ...

MTFox

...so that people didn't think the developer was trying to make a quick buck.

At the moment, I'd buy anything off you even if it was crap! ;-)

chris1a

Shannong: "You put 100 keyboard players/producers in a room and I bet less than 20 of them would raise their hands if you said "Do you mostly program your own sounds?""

I´ve never really taken the time to learn how to program my own presets when it comes to different synths. I have always been relying on others banks/presets, changing small things here and there (but i´ve actually, thanks to Nanos UI and great manual, been playing alot with Eden having alot of fun and making a few weird presets). If i want a soft "deep" string-pad sound i don't even know where to start (what wave-forms do i start out with and so on). I don´t really have the patience some times to create my "own" sounds and i usually get alot of inspiration from others "presets" whether it´s synths or sample based stuff. Anyways, some change to the handling of Eden banks/presets and i really think there´s a market for in-app purchases (or any other solution). The possibility to share banks/presets between users would be nice (my presets rocks lol...), and eventually share projects between users.

hard2forget

Yeah dude the presets you chose from the gates are awesome- I have no doubt if you add more they will be worth buying. Just make sure it's not ridiculous, maybe offer them in easy to afford packs or something. But I digress, you've done great thus far so if that becomes available I'll buy.

TurtlePilot

Ya I would totally buy packs of samples. Like even a buck or two a pop would sell like crazy, especially once this app really explodes on the market.