Cryptocurrency to Fund Nanostudio

14 replies [Last post]
ravenshield1990

an idea:

Cryptocurrency to fund Nanostudio

look into it.

Slam-Cut

My ol’ pappy always said, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
OK, no. He never said that, but I never get tired of accussing him of it.

I don’t think it is a question of funding - more a question of time. To me it seems like a man being driven mad by working so intensely on a complex project. I get the mad scientist vibe here. People have offered to pre-pay for NS2. If a shortage of funds is an issue, I know all Matt would have to do is put a PayPal button on the website for donations and we’d wear out the button.

Harisonzamperla

Yea. I think that this labor of love has interfered with Matt's personal life and the pressure to finish is bearing down on him a bit. I say that based on his comments. I've tried to put aside my selfish desire for my favorite synth daw to get born and accept that Matt has a life outside of that

jwmmakerofmusic

I at least wish Matt was more active here with occasional “still working in progress” updates or, dare I say it, ask some of us to dust off Testflight to alpha/betatest Nanostudio 2 and have us agree to an NDA (non-disclosure agreement). I think betatesting and then reporting bugs to a closed Discord group chat would relieve Matt of the insurmountable pressure of going at it solo. No rewards/voucher codes required even, because I’ll pay whatever the asking price is once it’s all ready to roll out.

nano

ftp OR browser ? (ftp)

Slam-Cut

Was there a Beta Test on NS1? Anyone know...?

It’s all quiet...

All the Beta Testers have left the forum and are busy... testing.

Harisonzamperla

Matt said they're probably wouldn't be open beta testing but that doesn't mean a few people couldn't get test flight invites :)

platinumaudiolab

Hey guys,

I'm not going to speak on Matt's behalf - I don't know his day-to-day - but I can tell you he is putting the pedal to the metal to get NS2 out.

He has a small closed group of beta testers and there's been constant bug reporting/fixing going on throughout development.

I don't believe the launch issue is bug testing so much as finalizing everything and putting out a product that is truly remarkable, which I can attest it is!

I don't know of a launch date and I'm sure it's still floating a bit but I'm sure it's around the corner. Patience will be rewarded, trust me! :)

PS> from my perspective Matt gave up launching in a very lucrative time period (holiday window) so you can see that as a fair sized cost. To justify that, it wouldn't make sense to just polish a few... knobs?.... uh, you get the analogy.

Hang in there!

jwmmakerofmusic

@platinumaudiolab

So you must be the “guy on the inside”. Tell me, will we be getting the same feature set as what was promised to us for the “Christmas release”, or are we getting a few more surprises in the initial NS2 release than what was promised?

Also, could you talk Matt into releasing a few more screenshots (specifically of the various built-in effects) to whet our appetites? Thanks mate.

Slam-Cut

I’m patiently enjoying the delay. Actually I’m frantically trying to finish old NS1 projects before NS2 is launched since that will unintentionally make NS1 my unwanted step-child. So don’t rush the beta testing. Better to make us wait and make NS2 awesome.

CarSong

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!
=D

Stiksi

I certainly crave polished knobs or none at all! Were they even from the Polish police, no knobs unpolished would sate y'all!

Slam-Cut

:-/ ??? Wha...?

Suomi huumori?

Is that like “give me liberty or give me death”?

Stiksi

No, it's about the poetry of polished knobs.

Slam-Cut

Oh, yeah... Makes more sense when I read it like Dr. Seuss.